Rudy Gay says no to tanking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mundy wrote: View Post
    Completely understand this perspective, but just to make it a bit more realistic.... how much of that awesome talent is still on the same team that drafted it in 2003?
    If you can't trust management to hold on to an elite player, how can you trust them to transform a fringe playoff team into a contender.

Tanking is a strategy to acquire talent, nothing more, nothing less. Anything that happens afterwards has nothing to do with tanking.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      If you can't trust management to hold on to an elite player, how can you trust them to transform a fringe playoff team into a contender.

Tanking is a strategy to acquire talent, nothing more, nothing less. Anything that happens afterwards has nothing to do with tanking.
      Also, Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Melo all re-signed and gave their drafting teams 7+ years. More than enough time.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Also, Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Melo all re-signed and gave their drafting teams 7+ years. More than enough time.
        This is a great point.

It is simplistic overall because you have the behind the scenes collusion while leaving the team that paid them around $80M over those 7 years out to dry. It is certainly a great case study of morals or values.

But it is a valid point nonetheless and raises another issue/question:

What does a player actually owe his team?

In the case of Bosh/LeBron, they technically did nothing wrong. They honoured their contract and opted out when contractual opportunity came around.

It is hardly black and white.

I think with Bosh we can safely say nothing less than a championship was likely to keep him from leaving given LBJ's circumstances.

I know one thing: I'm tired of failing to achieve mediocrity and limiting my hopes to it.

It is absolutely insane the realization the Raptors are 8 losses shy of being the WORST team in the last 11 years. That is f*cking mind blowing. Let that sink it. The Raptors are 8 losses shy of being the WORST team of the last 11 years. Wow.

All these discussions over the years where I was talking about Colangelo swinging for the fences were BULLSH!T. He wasn't swinging for the fences, he was looking at strikes trying to get a walk. I know it is en vogue to sh!t on BC right now but lets call a spade a spade here.

I want to see MU/Toronto really swing for the fences. For MU with JV on board it is like coming up to bat already up 1-0 in the count. Having a 5 year contract and the support of the CEO to tear it down if so desired makes the count 2-0. You've got three huge cuts before you're out.

Blow it up already, Masai!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          This is a great point.

It is simplistic overall because you have the behind the scenes collusion while leaving the team that paid them around $80M over those 7 years out to dry. It is certainly a great case study of morals or values.

But it is a valid point nonetheless and raises another issue/question:

What does a player actually owe his team?

In the case of Bosh/LeBron, they technically did nothing wrong. They honoured their contract and opted out when contractual opportunity came around.

It is hardly black and white.

I think with Bosh we can safely say nothing less than a championship was likely to keep him from leaving given LBJ's circumstances.

I know one thing: I'm tired of failing to achieve mediocrity and limiting my hopes to it.

It is absolutely insane the realization the Raptors are 8 losses shy of being the WORST team in the last 11 years. That is f*cking mind blowing. Let that sink it. The Raptors are 8 losses shy of being the WORST team of the last 11 years. Wow.

All these discussions over the years where I was talking about Colangelo swinging for the fences were BULLSH!T. He wasn't swinging for the fences, he was looking at strikes trying to get a walk. I know it is en vogue to sh!t on BC right now but lets call a spade a spade here.

I want to see MU/Toronto really swing for the fences. For MU with JV on board it is like coming up to bat already up 1-0 in the count. Having a 5 year contract and the support of the CEO to tear it down if so desired makes the count 2-0. You've got three huge cuts before you're out.

Blow it up already, Masai!
          You've got to share these feelings more often. Let it out man!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            You've got to share these feelings more often. Let it out man!
            Consider it done!

Comment

Anybody else notice that Rudy's instagram account is "husky4lyfe22"? Love it!
              ... Oh its cuz he went UConn... of course ...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Anybody else notice that Rudy's instagram account is "husky4lyfe22"? Love it!
                ... Oh its cuz he went UConn... of course ...
                hmm do you think he'd take half the annual salary he's currently making, if we promise to change the team name to that of his alma mater? lol

Comment

Working...
                X