No announcement yet.

I've Lost Faith In This Organization..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been a raps fan for a whole 2 years wooohooo!
    but i know that were not gonna be in this situation forever, so once it starts getting better and the bandwagoners start hopping on. its all going to be worth it, because theres no satisfaction of being with a team which never went through the bullshit (struggle)
    It's gonna be over soon, just hold on a bit longer peeps
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
      ive been a raps fan for a whole 2 years wooohooo!
      but i know that were not gonna be in this situation forever, so once it starts getting better and the bandwagoners start hopping on. its all going to be worth it, because theres no satisfaction of being with a team which never went through the bullshit (struggle)
      It's gonna be over soon, just hold on a bit longer peeps
      There are a few of us who have been holding on for 18 years! lol

But good words of encouragement nonetheless.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Haha.. now that you say it like that, it feels weird knowing this team's existed longer than I have.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I was a Cubs fan back in '69 when they blew a 6 game lead on Sept. 1 to the Amazing Mets. I was a teenager then and now I don't care about baseball anymore though I would like to point out that the Cubs have not won the World Series in 104 years.

Comment

Amanda!!, how could you possibly forget about me
            Is that even a question?

those people are called losers. haha:P

stretch wrote: View Post
            I was a Cubs fan back in '69 when they blew a 6 game lead on Sept. 1 to the Amazing Mets. I was a teenager then and now I don't care about baseball anymore though I would like to point out that the Cubs have not won the World Series in 104 years.

Why do you still care about basketball?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
              We're going in the complete wrong direction. The only hope is that we can resign Bargnani to a smaller contract when his time in NY is up, and work towards natural organic growth
              Resign AB? Have u been smoking crack?

Comment

Yeah and we all remember 2001. To get the ACC back to that level of excitement would be golden.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  those people are called losers. haha:P
                  huh?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah and we all remember 2001. To get the ACC back to that level of excitement would be golden.

It would.

However hopefully it is not done with a capped out, aging roster (5 of top 10 rotation 32, 37, 35, 36, 38) as we all know how narrow that window of opportunity is when the other 4 of the other 5 guys are average at best.

Comment

I all honesty why not take a break for a season or two? When Carter started being a douche I couldn't take it anymore, decided to give up on the raps until he was on longer on the team. I was also doing my undergrad at the time, so I was better for my studies anyway. The season following the Carter trade I got back into it. A couple of seasons after that I was a medium core fan, which I have been to this day.

It's obvious from posts going back at least a year, that you just don't love the raps right now. And that's okay. Why not try to take this season off. No raps media (except whatever you pick up on the news or at a friends place). If you find yourself really missing it then come back next season. To be honest 1-2 seasons from now their probably be something exciting happen that makes it worthwhile to be a fan (GAWD I hope so!!!) you can always get crazy into it again.

The truth is that worst that happens it you take a sabbatical is that when you come back people will call you a bandwagoner. Who cares? If you aren't excited about the raps, why waste your time.

Also, and no offense is meant, you are often a serious downer. Sometimes unnecessarily so. Take a break and ease yourself back into it in the future when you are feeling better about it.

Or you may just find that you aren't passionate about the raps/basketball and or sports in general anymore and will find a new way to occupy your time.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                        huh?
                        psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Resign AB? Have u been smoking crack?
                        TRex wrote: View Post
                        Ahh the drama! season hasn't even started yet. Gotta love it.
                        akashsingh wrote: View Post
                        dude you haven't even given management a chance yet. We are at year 1, and we have no indication what direction ujiri wants to take this team.

Well, I think we all know now the posters who only read the thread titles and respond...
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

You can have faith that this roster will very likely start to be dismantled during the season. I highly doubt this starting 5 is the starting 5 we will see in 14/15. We may have to get worse to get better unfortunately, but really, there is nowhere to go but up in the next few years. The turn around in front office staff should give you some hope!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            You can have faith that this roster will very likely start to be dismantled during the season. I highly doubt this starting 5 is the starting 5 we will see in 14/15. We may have to get worse to get better unfortunately, but really, there is nowhere to go but up in the next few years. The turn around in front office staff should give you some hope!
                            Exactly.

I was at my wits end this past season.

This is not a pile on Colangelo from a former fan boy, it is reality. I/We listened for years about how this upcoming year was going to be better than ever - only to see serious regression overall or from key individual(s). Bad contract after bad contract. All sorts of different campaigns (Young Gunz/Onez, as an example). In the end the team was weak year after year with the excuses mounting. When it gets to the point where you just are happy to make the playoffs, something is wrong. If BC and Bargnani were still on board right now, I'd probably be fed up too - not to the point where I stop following but probably to the point where I don't make 15 posts a day here.

Anyways, in the last year new ownership, new CEO, new GM, new front office, 50% new coaching staff (HC and 2 assistants remain). The roster will take a little more time but I would be surprised if the core components of the roster is the same come the trade deadline minus JV.

I guess that is one area where I will always be thankful for Colangelo: JV. Personally I think it was an easy choice but it was not a popular choice.

I believe better days are ahead.... but then again I've always thought that. I guess I've come full circle and could possibly be headed down the same road of disappointment once again - lol.

Comment

i dont think we could get any worse :/ but i don't believe this roster is complete...
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

i dont think we could get any worse :/ but i don't believe this roster is complete...
                                We haven't finished 0-82 yet, it can always get worse...
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X