No announcement yet.

I've Lost Faith In This Organization..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how the onlytwo users currently viewing this thread(excluding myself) are mods. hah, the hounds are out in full force..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Hey! one of those mods got suckered in and answered for fun :P
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Well, Joey did too. So technically two. But yeah thanks for playing along Thead. Your post nearly had me in tears
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

1. - When it comes to b-ball - do what what everyone else is doing - taking a vacation
          2. - Buy an alarm clock - Set it for September 27th(training camp) - go to sleep
          3. - Ujiri is better because he is newer - enjoy the new GM smell !
          4. - Don't have faith in the Raptors? - just enjoy the drama opcorn:
          5. - Ujiri is not going to tear it down in a day/will not build it in a day - he's not an trade adrenaline junkie like BC
          6. - Find a 2nd favourite team - I've got BC Lions/Argos and Canucks/Habs as my 1/2 - that's depth!

There ya go - That'll tide you over until November 1, 2013 when reals answer will be given

Comment

We're going in the complete wrong direction. The only hope is that we can resign Bargnani to a smaller contract when his time in NY is up, and work towards natural organic growth

Comment

As long as I've been watching basketball my 2 favourite teams were the Spurs and Raptors. So when the Raptors suck I just watch the Spurs. I'm also big on football (NY Giants, Seahawks) and Hockey (Kings, Blackhawks, Leafs, Flyers). Just find something else to occupy your time when the Raptors are sucking.

I pretty much just follow the teams moves and see how they pan out. If good, hey I can watch more Raptor stuff and enjoy it, if bad I'll just watch something else when I can't take how much they suck anymore.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                As long as I've been watching basketball my 2 favourite teams were the Spurs and Raptors. So when the Raptors suck I just watch the Spurs. I'm also big on football (NY Giants, Seahawks) and Hockey (Kings, Blackhawks, Leafs, Flyers). Just find something else to occupy your time when the Raptors are sucking.

I pretty much just follow the teams moves and see how they pan out. If good, hey I can watch more Raptor stuff and enjoy it, if bad I'll just watch something else when I can't take how much they suck anymore.
                I'm a fan of the Raptos, Leafs, Blue Jays, Toronto FC, and the Utah Jazz, and they all kinda suck at the same time...

Comment

Call me an idiot but its actually kinda interesting following a losing team. Always something to talk about.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    Call me an idiot but its actually kinda interesting following a losing team. Always something to talk about.
                    haha I agree. Following a garbage team as they attempt to rise to the top is interesting.. plus once they get there, it'll be even sweeter.

Comment

The part about losing faith in the organization I have to admit I’m starting to feel it also. I am 35 and am Toronto through and through but enough already with the losing. I seem to just feel so ripped off giving Bell $150 a month for losing season after losing season. I watch sports to enjoy myself and I can’t say that I have too often these past years.

I think these teams should have to earn me as a fan; they get a home field advantage of course though. Instead we are made to feel guilty if we choose not to cheer for them. I wouldn’t support a shitty store or defend a bad school but I somehow feel obligated to defended all these organizations and give them chance after chance. That’s getting hard now.

I think I’m extra bitter this year though after Leafs loss and failed Blue Jays season.

Comment

I don't know but maybe I don't feel this way yet since I've only been a Raptors fan for 6 years

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                          I don't know but maybe I don't feel this way yet since I've only been a Raptors fan for 6 years
                          I've only really been fully aware fan for 8. But, I've been a casual fan since early 2000's. I only got a real appreciation for sports since 2005 or '06. Dunno it was either gr. 6 or 7 before that I didn't really understand sports. It's almost a puberty thing.

Comment

Gotta be honest, I was far more excited last year. Maybe it was that last glimmer of hope that Barge would be a star...

This season I just seem excited about Jonas, otherwise it is just full Debbie downer mode. Might just be there lack the lack of draft pick has made it a very long off season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              I gave up on the Leafs many years ago, i'm not crazy about soccer but the team absolutely blows, I'm from Hamilton, so I don't like the Marlies, all that's left is my passion for the raptors, which is slowly dying..

Do you have any advice/suggestions for me?

Such as;
                              -a new team to follow(without being a complete bandwagoner,so don't say "go jump on the Miami bandwagon, you tool!")
                              You live in the Hammer? I heard that Prince of Wales P.S has a pretty good junior girls ringette team.
                              -reasons that can help me to keep the faith in the Raptors
                              Jonas, Massai, karma kicking in for Amir, if the Raps hold onto him
                              -How Ujiri is different from his predecessors
                              He's from Nigeria, and want's to succeed at all costs. The Raptor's success is success for a continent on his shoulders.
                              -Is Rudy Gay the wing we've been waiting for since the departure of one Vincent Lamar Carter
                              RG is a high volume scorer with nice form, but he dribbles too high. He is what he is by now.
                              -Why Valanciunas is the dominant center we've been waiting for
                              Valanciunas will probably be in the top 5 centers for his NBA career, after about year 4 or 5. We still need other quality pieces.
                              -Why Dwane Casey is the guy moving forward
                              He's got some of that Doc Rivers way about him, that is he'd be good with superstars, if the Raps can land any.
                              -Why Andrea Bargnani was/is such a lazy c*nt
                              Andrea probably suffers from some form of depression, and doesn't have that killer Kobe mentality, or that workmanlike Tim Duncan drive to win.
                              -What is the meaning of life
                              It's a Monty Python movie, dated...but still pretty funny.
                              -Why does it hurt when I pee(That's a question for you Heinz)
                              You've been sleeping with the local girls.
                              -Why aren't there more girls on here(self-explanatory, really)
                              This post alone has driven any possible females away.
                              -New movies(I haven't watched a good one in a while)
                              Elysium is quite good.
                              -How to stop being such a massive troll
                              There are lots of excellent bike trails in Hamilton. It's easy to get in a good 15km to 20km everyday.
                              -Who would win in a fight; A midget or Billy Madison
                              TYRION, TYRION, TYRION
                              -Who would win in a fight; Billy Madison or the mascot that eats the cheerleaders
                              No comment, I feel kind of creeped out

Ok. I'm done messing around. Seriously, though. If I'm a fan and I'm losing hope. What are some reasons that give me renewed hope in this team?
                              Personally, I would wait a couple years, give Tim and Massai some time before you drop into this type of depressive mire. Maybe you should go by the CAMH for a quick check-up, could be something other than the Raptors getting you down.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                -Why aren't there more girls on here(self-explanatory, really)
                                Amanda!!, how could you possibly forget about me
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X