I've Lost Faith In This Organization..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    i dont think we could get any worse :/ but i don't believe this roster is complete...
    Knock on wood.

But in all seriousness, if we regress this season after all the changes (management & roster), it's definitely time to nuke the team.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

RNsteve wrote: View Post
      Gotta be honest, I was far more excited last year. Maybe it was that last glimmer of hope that Barge would be a star...

This season I just seem excited about Jonas, otherwise it is just full Debbie downer mode. Might just be there lack the lack of draft pick has made it a very long off season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That horrendous start of the season was the nail on the coffin, we were out of the playoffs before XMAS. I believe this team is a lot better than 3-17 start, and I think Bargs had a direct impact on that losing streak. I remember when I almost turned postal when Casey was answering questions after a loss regarding Bargs and he said something to the effect "He is our all-star, our number one guy, we will continue to go to him", I gotta believe that was BC talking and I was a solid BC backer for a long time but he got what he deserved, he and Casey rode Bargs into oblivion and created that awful start. When those loses kept piling up I couldn't bare it. This year, I expect to be at least .500, we are a lot deeper and have more talent than that 3-17 record. Like Masai I want to see what they can do.

Comment

I think that Ujiri doesn't really care what this team can do. I believe it is a pretty good core, and in the right system can bring playoff basketball back to TO. Personally, I think it's one of the better clubs we have had here in quite some time. Nonetheless, it is BC's club, not Ujiri's, and neither TL or Ujiri seemed to be impressed with the lineup coming in. I think Ujiri's approach is one of caution, he see's the possibility that there is promise within the lineup, but probably acknowledges that this particular lineup has some limitations. He is a patient GM, and didn't feel the need to make any major moves this offseason because realistically, this season and next offseason should provide a better opportunity to maximize a return on our better assets. Furthermore, it will give him the time to really look at these players and the coaching staff in order to determine how to build a contender out of what he inherited from BC and some of the changes already made. Lowry is in a contract year, and normally players excel in this situation. If this is the case this season, Ujiri will have the option to roll with Lowry or get a decent return for him. Same with Gay, for the most part anyways, as there have been great points made on this forum as to why he will opt out of his final year. DD I'm sure could easily be moved, as well as Amir and JV of course. Everyone in our staring lineup will look attractive to other teams, unless of course an injury occurs or they just completely suck for whatever reason. Lowry, in my mind, has the most to win or lose this year. If he doesn't play great this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets regular starting minutes in his career again.

JV is the guy supposedly who is untouchable, but that's obviously not the case. He is the guy we all want to stay the most, perhaps, but he is not untouchable. I do believe that he is the least likely to be traded, but its not impossible. Remember, Ujiri will want to put his stamp on this team, and acquiring Hans, Novak and a Buycks signing isn't it. There will be turnover in the starting lineup without a doubt, in my opinion. Moving Bargs wasn't Ujiri's idea, it just had to be done and even BC made the attempt before he was ousted. Even if this team somehow wins 50+ games, and the only thing that seems wrong with it is a bench player or two, then I still believe he will move some guys in the starting lineup. This season will be about evaluation of the players (not necessarily the team as a whole) and the determination of a system that will allow him to develop a contender in the next few years. Slowly over the next few seasons I think he will build a team and a philosophy and a culture that will allow for the development of a contender. I'm predicting that at least Lowry and one of Gay or Derozan gets moved this season (or next offseason), along with any number of our bench guys.

Comment

this thread got too serious..it ws more for fun..need more responses like Thead and p00ka and those guys..semi-serious
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

From a recent article I read the following and it reminded me of this thread:

"To the embattled Raptors fans, who endured nearly two decades of organizational hell that included the GM Bermuda Triangle (Isiah Thomas, Rob Babcock and Bryan Colangelo) and Sportsnet.ca recently writing that Glen Grunwald was "popularly viewed as the Raptors' best GM" and "the man who orchestrated the construction of the most beloved Raptors teams," as well as a man "behind a multitude of moves that are still cast in a warm, nostalgic glow."

When you have a "warm, nostalgic glow" about a seven-year span that yielded three winning seasons and one trip to the second round, you need to reevaluate things."
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              this thread got too serious..it ws more for fun..need more responses like Thead and p00ka and those guys..semi-serious
              You tried to bring a little levity to the summer in this little part of the world, but............ You tried. To quote Frank Zappa once again, "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes", lol

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                You tried to bring a little levity to the summer in this little part of the world, but............ You tried. To quote Frank Zappa once again, "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes", lol
                The always eccentric Zappa...haha. That guy was highly quotable
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                  i dont think we could get any worse.
                  That's a really bizarre thing to say Mamba. Lol
                  Last I checked, we weren't anywhere close to last in the League (though I wouldn't mind it for just this season).
                  Would you mind elaborating on this a little more? Lol

And like Axel said; 0-82 is technically as bad as it gets.

Comment

I shoulda just locked it when I had the chance. :P Haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      That's a really bizarre thing to say Mamba. Lol
                      Last I checked, we weren't anywhere close to last in the League (though I wouldn't mind it for just this season).
                      Would you mind elaborating on this a little more? Lol

And like Axel said; 0-82 is technically as bad as it gets.
                      i meant that we've been a mediocre team since forever, and really if you think about it were not going to be at the bottom (there are teams far worse than us)
                      its only up hill from here..hopefully
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        I shoulda just locked it when I had the chance. :P Haha
                        Delete everything past page 1 and then lock it and sticky it.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Call me an idiot but its actually kinda interesting following a losing team. Always something to talk about.
                          Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Your wish is my command.
                          I couldn't resist...
                          Last edited by LBF; Mon Aug 19, 2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I couldn't resist...
                            I don't get the joke.. Lol
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              I don't get the joke.. Lol
                              I think it's really just something I find amusing. Haha

Comment

I try to approach the NBA as a basketball fan first and a Raptors fan second. I like to get a feel for the teams that could be interesting underdogs in any given year and try to catch some of their games. I tend to limit my strong interest to the Eastern Conference since I don't have much flexibility to stay up late and I always have a mild tendency to root for some of my childhood favourites from the days before the Raptors (Bulls and Pacers). I'm also keeping a special eye on the Canadian talent more and more.

Approach basketball like this and use the Raptors as a way of keeping tied into the game and it's always fun to watch. Of course when the Raps are doing well, that's a huge bonus.

Comment

Working...
                                X