• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    Isn't there already a similar thread?
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...Rights-Edition

Comment

-Raptors will make the play offs with around a .500 record.
      -Rudy Gay and Demar will finish the season with similar(to last year) records. One of them may get traded.
      -Lowry will have a very good season. Also possibly traded.
      -JV will improve offensively, finishing the season with about an average of 16/17pts a game. He will have about 20 double doubles.
      -Amir will repeat his good showing of last year.
      -Ross will continue to struggle while Novak will establish himself as a solid 3 pt. shooter.
      -Casey will be gone after the season.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
        -Raptors will make the play offs with around a .500 record.
        -Rudy Gay and Demar will finish the season with similar(to last year) records. One of them may get traded.
        -Lowry will have a very good season. Also possibly traded.
        -JV will improve offensively, finishing the season with about an average of 16/17pts a game. He will have about 20 double doubles.
        -Amir will repeat his good showing of last year.
        -Ross will continue to struggle while Novak will establish himself as a solid 3 pt. shooter.
        -Casey will be gone after the season.
        IF Raptors make playoffs I doubt Casey will be fired....

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
          The only "stat" I care about is how many offensive sets are they going to run for JV. Last year it was less than 1 per game...it had better be more than 8 a game this year. I will gouge out my eyes if I have to watch more games with Gay and DD dribble around the three point line and jack up a contested shot late in the shot clock.
          Excellent point. Gay needs to swing the ball if/when double team comes.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            With nothing else to talk about presently, why not start arguing about the future? A simple predictions thread. Post your responses 1-15 and we'll see at season's end who was right and who was wrong.

1. Demar - over/under .299 3PT%? - career high .283 last season, once again swore to work on his range, will this be the year he eclipses 30%?

2. Gay - over/under 4.5 FreeThrowAttempts per game? - his career best was 5, but in the last 5 years has averaged 4.5, 4.0, 3.9, 3.7 and 4.2. Can he get to the line more often in this lineup?

3. Lowry - over/under 10 games missed due to injury? Only played 82 games once in his career (sophomore season) and that was as a back-up. Lowry played in 68 games last year (missing 14). Can he stay healthy for a full season?

4. JV - over/under 8 RPG? JV averaged 6 RPG last season but had a per 36 of 9 per game. Can he produce in a larger role?

5. Can JV get 25 double doubles this year? Last year JV had 8 double-doubles. David Lee led the league with 56.

6. T-Ross - over/under 22 MPG? - last year got 17 MPG. Can the 2nd year pro secure minutes in this rotation?

7. Who gets the first ejection of the season?

8. Who gets more starts, Acy or Novak? Novak had 1 in New York and Acy 0 last year.

9. Who is emerges as the back-up PG, Buycks or Augustin?

10. Does Casey get let go during or after the season?

11. Does Quintin Richardson ever see the court?

12. Do the Raptors sweep any season series?

13. Do the Raptors finish above .500?

14. Any Raptors on the All-Star team?

15. Do the Raptors make the play-offs?
            1. Over, barely. Around 31.5-32%.
            2. Under. It'll stay around the same as last year.
            3. Under. 6 games. He's spent a heap of time this summer getting into shape, hopefully it works for the better.
            4. Under. I'm looking for 15 and 7.5 from JV this year.
            5. Under. Around 15.. 20 tops.
            6. Slightly over. He'll get more minutes than last season for sure, it's just a matter of whether he'll produce or not.
            7. Amir
            8. Novak. 1-0 again.
            9. I'd like to say Buycks, but veteran Augustin will probably get it by default.
            10. After season, even if the team does poorly throughout the year.
            11. Meh. I say he totals 5-10 minutes over the course of the season. Even Solomon Alabi saw the court sometimes.
            12. Only play Phoenix twice, so yeah. Them.
            13. 43-39
            14. No
            15. 8th seed
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
              Isn't there already a similar thread?
              The downside of vacation, so hard to figure out what you missed. I checked when I got back and didn't see anything.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Love this idea for a post! Here goes...

Axel wrote: View Post
                With nothing else to talk about presently, why not start arguing about the future? A simple predictions thread. Post your responses 1-15 and we'll see at season's end who was right and who was wrong.

1. Demar - over/under .299 3PT%? - career high .283 last season, once again swore to work on his range, will this be the year he eclipses 30%?

over!

2. Gay - over/under 4.5 FreeThrowAttempts per game? - his career best was 5, but in the last 5 years has averaged 4.5, 4.0, 3.9, 3.7 and 4.2. Can he get to the line more often in this lineup?

under! Refs only blow the whistle so much and I see Valanciunus going to line more this year.

3. Lowry - over/under 10 games missed due to injury? Only played 82 games once in his career (sophomore season) and that was as a back-up. Lowry played in 68 games last year (missing 14). Can he stay healthy for a full season?

under 10 games missed he's had some pretty rotten luck, really random ailments (aside from ankle stuff). Contract season, he's going to be in the best shape of his career (fingers crossed)

4. JV - over/under 8 RPG? JV averaged 6 RPG last season but had a per 36 of 9 per game. Can he produce in a larger role?

over!, 8.2

5. Can JV get 25 double doubles this year? Last year JV had 8 double-doubles. David Lee led the league with 56.

over!

6. T-Ross - over/under 22 MPG? - last year got 17 MPG. Can the 2nd year pro secure minutes in this rotation?

over!

7. Who gets the first ejection of the season?

Dwayne casey, I forsee the raptors getting shafted by the refs and he lets them know

8. Who gets more starts, Acy or Novak? Novak had 1 in New York and Acy 0 last year.

Tie - neither one will get any starts

9. Who is emerges as the back-up PG, Buycks or Augustin?

Buycks

10. Does Casey get let go during or after the season?

neither. The team will return to defensive form seen two seasons ago. Offense will improve a bit and they will make the playoffs;

11. Does Quintin Richardson ever see the court?
                no

12. Do the Raptors sweep any season series?

yes? which one? no idea

13. Do the Raptors finish above .500?
                yes!

14. Any Raptors on the All-Star team?

Rudy Gay - seriously, dude is going to be a beast this year; he's had so much crap written about him recently that he probably has a massive chip on his shoulder right now

15. Do the Raptors make the play-offs?
                yes! 7th seed

Comment

Working...
                X