Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why Do You (Personally) Care So Much About The Raptors?

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Same reason why people are fans of anything else. I'm not going to be a bandwagoner. If you ask me, most TRUE fans are fans of shitty teams. For the really good teams (Miami) I'd say only 5% of their fans are real the rest are just cheering for a good team so they can win and be happy.

I live in New Brunswick where lots of people are Boston fans, I wouldn't mind being one of them with the recent success Boston has had in variable sports, but heck Toronto's Canadian and Boston is so damn greasy :P

Post Thanks / Like

Default Say it ain't so?

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Inspired by a Matt52 recent post(which was inspired by a Karl Marx post)

He's more than likely only semi-serious. But, it brings up an interesting topic. Especially since this year and the next have the potential to be real stinkers.

So, as the headline asks;

Why do you care so much about the raptors?
    Personally, it's merely because I've been a fan for so long. My personal "fan morality" would never let me cheer for someone else. At the same time I've watched a whole lot of losers. Years and years and years of losers. So many losers have I watched that it's to the point when I only tune in for the occasional game dependingon who they're playing and my own schedule... Beyond that I now follow the scoreboard more times than not. The way I see it, life is short so why torture myself with the Raptors on a nightly basis? If they ever actually put it together I'll tune in like I used to. Last season I honestly had little to no excitement about the team. I knew it was all dead on a arrival. It might be dead on arrival this year as well but the 2014-15 season? That one has promise.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Oh man, I'm still laughing. Just noticed Anderson's reaction (while still on the court). Priceless!
    can someone tell me why lowry is always on the floor..
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i care because i was born to care..
    i really don't know it just happened
    outta no where
    but the love for this team is above and beyond
    call it obsession call it whatever you want
    it was meant to be

tdot forever<3
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information