Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwight Howard Tweet - overboard or funny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard Tweet - overboard or funny?

Dwight Howard responded to a tweet by a girl hating on him that he'd never win a title. Is Howard's response more juvenile behaviour that he needs to curb? Or is Howard simply being funny at someone's expense?

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

BAHAHAHAH...

But seriously... thats horrible and mean.

Comment

Thats pretty juvenile, Howard must be super sensitive or something to respond to a tweet like that. Good luck with him Houston!

Comment

that's quite mean spirited and cold...............

but I laughed

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          that's quite mean spirited and cold...............

but I laughed
          That is exactly how I reacted, but I wondered if it was just me lol. I personally would probably do the same thing, but I'm sure someone from the Rockets and/or NBA is going to point to this and tell him to behave.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            That is exactly how I reacted, but I wondered if it was just me lol. I personally would probably do the same thing, but I'm sure someone from the Rockets and/or NBA is going to point to this and tell him to behave.
            if somebody made a similarly spirited comment to me on a social network... i'd probably reply to them in a similarly cold hearted fashion...

difference being, nobody knows who the fuck I am... therefore, I don't need to worry about anybody's reactions to me making a mean joke

the benefit of being not rich and mostly anonymous

Comment

D12 feels insulted!

Comment

Funny but pretty rude.

Comment

I laughed pretty hard when I first saw this.

It's still up there too, if you go looking at his page, so he obviously didn't get enough backlash to take it down.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Not only childish, but very lame. Whether league/team nudges him or not, he's embarrassing himself.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                      Not only childish, but very lame. Whether league/team nudges him or not, he's embarrassing himself.
                      If embarrassing himself were a basketball skill...Dwight Howard would be the best big of all time.

Comment

I think it's fair. A lot of people like to use social media to bash people (celebs or otherwise) because there aren't really any repercussions. If you are going to say something mean to someone, (celeb or otherwise) you should be prepared for them to be mean back. I think the lol at the end of his tweet makes it less mean-spirited and more that he's just making a joke at her expense.

I don't particularly like Howard, but I don't think it's much different than a lot of other responses NBA players make to fans that are being douchy.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Justified and hilarious.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Dwight Howard responded to a tweet by a girl hating on him that he'd never win a title. Is Howard's response more juvenile behaviour that he needs to curb? Or is Howard simply being funny at someone's expense?

You only got half the story here.

In the end she got the last laugh/burn:

From : http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/dwig...-twitter-burn/

Comment

im sorry by i laughed pretty hard then i realized no one should never mess with dwight..
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                              X