Clear All

• Allen Iverson to announce retirement.

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2013-14-season

Fake ESPN:

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2013-14-season

Fake ESPN:

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

So....he's the last one to know I guess.

Comment

loooooool i thought this was real untill i clicked on the thread..
      yep i feel dumb..
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        loooooool i thought this was real untill i clicked on the thread..
        yep i feel dumb..
        This is actual real

He hasn't made any official retirement decisions. Until now.

EDIT: You know it was hard for him, he went broke and stuff. He needed to wait 3 years to announce retirement.

Comment

He's looking for a coaching job. Can't wait to "practice."

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            He's looking for a coaching job. Can't wait to "practice."
            I also trying to figure out where's the catch...

Comment

I didn't know people still needed to announce their retirement after not playing in 4 years

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                I didn't know people still needed to announce their retirement after not playing in 4 years
                Publicity stunt maybe?
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Anyhow, this is a sad sight. Ended off his career horribly.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I'm pretty blown away by the comments on here.

Whatever, he can now start his march toward the HOF.
                    Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 21, 2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

No matter how this dude handled his career end, but he was one of the best (and most selfish?) players in the NBA history, sadly he left without a ring.

Comment

Iverson brought new meaning to the word entitlement.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Iverson brought new meaning to the word entitlement.
                          ...you spelt excitement wrong.

Comment

Don't really know what happened to AI because he was great in his final year w/ the Nuggets. The year before that he averaged 26ppg.

In his first and last year with Detroit he averaged 17ppg, still pretty good IMO. His numbers dropped when he returned to Philly because he was a 6th man for them.

In his final year w/ the NBA playing for the the Grizzlies he didn't get much minutes. But he still averaged 12ppg.

After that season i believe AI said that he's still an NBA caliber starter. And said that he'd rather not play than play for a team that wouldn't let him play starter minutes.

And that time i really felt like the Raptors would be a great fit for him because AI can play the 2 and the 1. Our SG and PG that time was Jose Calderon and a very raw DeMar DeRozan.

My point that year was, if we're not making the playoffs then as a fan i want to be entertained. I want to see AI play.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Don't really know what happened to AI because he was great in his final year w/ the Nuggets. The year before that he averaged 26ppg.

In his first and last year with Detroit he averaged 17ppg, still pretty good IMO. His numbers dropped when he returned to Philly because he was a 6th man for them.

In his final year w/ the NBA playing for the the Grizzlies he didn't get much minutes. But he still averaged 12ppg.

After that season i believe AI said that he's still an NBA caliber starter. And said that he'd rather not play than play for a team that wouldn't let him play starter minutes.

And that time i really felt like the Raptors would be a great fit for him because AI can play the 2 and the 1. Our SG and PG that time was Jose Calderon and a very raw DeMar DeRozan.

My point that year was, if we're not making the playoffs then as a fan i want to be entertained. I want to see AI play.
                              Yeah, that's a pretty valid point.

Unfortunately, AI's attitude basically led to him blacklisting himself from the NBA. It's too bad really. He just couldn't deal with having a lesser role. I don't even think that would necessarily have to be off the bench, but yeah, teams were just too afraid to bring someone in who A) can't live with a diminished role, and B) hates "practice". Doesn't really make a manager think "this guy would be good for this situation".

AI's a great example of the importance of character. He even had a great competitive spirit, and was generally not a bad character in a lot of ways. Just that ego that he couldn't keep in check. To this day I think it's because Philly never put a legitimate 2nd leader on those teams that could challenge him, especially when he was young. Never had a real mentor, or someone to hold him accountable.

Comment

Working...
                              X