Thread: DeMar discussing his kicks collection...

Raptors Republic Rookie Rapzilla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar discussing his kicks collection...

If you can bare DeMars monotone voice, its cool to listen to him talk about his fav shoes!

He is obviously passionate about it (maybe too much) as he HAS to set trends and wear shoes that nobody else has.

Cue comments like "He should be focusing on his game instead of his shoes and trying to look good!" ha

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DD has always been a really chill dude.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Nate, Nate.. Nate got some crazy shoes, Nick, he got some crazy shoes.. I saw him the other day, got some crazy shoes."
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

4. Like Sam17, GoldenBaller liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What DeRozan needs is a pair of shoes that sends a mild electric shock every time he attempts a long 2....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

6. Like Vimsanity, CalgaryRapsFan, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it winter in LA? Wearing a boston bruins winter hat :P

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprisingly this is not the most ridiculous waste of money I've seen from a Raptor.

Remember Shawn Marion buying everything that came out on Tuesdays?

The biggest casualty of his reluctance to leave the indoor warmth has been his biggest off-court passion, his DVD movie collection.

Marion has been buying new releases every Tuesday like clockwork since his NBA career began nine years ago.

"I've got a sick collection," Marion says but has no idea exactly how many movies he has.

"Every Tuesday I go get whatever new releases have come out," he explained, "but I haven't done any of that (in Toronto). I have to get out to Best Buy. I'm like two weeks behind in my DVDs. I got to get caught back up."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas...37026-sun.html

But to each their own. When I was a kid I searched for and bought every single Al MacInnis hockey card there was. I guess we all have our vices.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very cliché for a basketball player to collect basketball shoes. I bet he drives an Escalade or Range Rover too!

I'd be impressed if it was revealed DeRozan collects....I dunno....authentic dinosaur fossils, or limited edition Richard Pryor box sets.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Aug 22nd, 2013 at 03:18 PM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

10. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Impressed that he's rocking a B's Toque, but I get it, they rock.

AM IMPRESSED that these guys clearly hate each other much less than fans seem to.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have the money why not?? lol Im sure if we had this amount of dough to just burn we would collect random shit too burn the cash on impulse buys lmao.

Tim Duncan has a good one he collects swords knives and ancient weapons as well as comic books Greatest PF ever!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan wearing a Bruins toque. Nice.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jus so you know, he's one of the best money managing guys on the roster, since Reggie Evans sat him down and told him the DOs and DON'Ts on spending money wildly. Plus, he's using his loot to help his mom with her meds for her Lupus disease. So, buying kicks and videos games can be bought off just the interest his money's making, in the bank, alone. This passion for kicks is nothing compared to how other players in sports spend their money. Gambling, bitches, drugs, cars, homes and one of the most common--friends. (See Iverson, Antoine Walker, etc.) DeMar only walks with a total of 5 people in his circles, according to past articles and videos. And 2, I think, are cousins. I'm a huge collector of kicks, too, and can understand his love...lol. Believe it or not, it's part of the culture, along with urban/indie music (hiphop, alternative rock), where we love kicks. Kids buy kicks because their friends and ball players that promote it. How many DD fans are gonna go in on Js, now that they saw this? Lol.
    Last edited by GameBreaker; Fri Aug 23rd, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

15. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Jus so you know, he's one of the best money managing guys on the roster, since Reggie Evans sat him down and told him the DOs and DON'Ts on spending money wildly. Plus, he's using his loot to help his mom with her meds for her Lupus disease. So, buying kicks and videos games can be bought off just the interest his money's making, in the bank, alone. This passion for kicks is nothing compared to how other players in sports spend their money. Gambling, bitches, drugs, cars, homes and one of the most common--friends. (See Iverson, Antoine Walker, etc.) DeMar only walks with a total of 5 people in his circles, according to past articles and videos. And 2, I think, are cousins. I'm a huge collector of kicks, too, and can understand his love...lol. Believe it or not, it's part of the culture, along with urban/indie music (hiphop, alternative rock), where we love kicks. Kids buy kicks because their friends and ball players that promote it. How many DD fans are gonna go in on Js, now that they saw this? Lol.
    I'm legitimately curious as to how you found all that information? Is there like a TMZ for athletes or something?

Raptors Republic Rookie Rapzilla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    I'm legitimately curious as to how you found all that information? Is there like a TMZ for athletes or something?
    Words right out of mouth...

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Inside source... Lilmamba

19. Like lilmamba_, isaacthompson liked this post

Thread Information