Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He gets it!

Getting the ball rolling is rarely met with praise or applause but you've got to start somewhere.
    Funny how cbssports gives raps an A-and espn gives a D....

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Funny how cbssports gives raps an A-and espn gives a D....
      ESPN loves the D.

Comment

ESPN hates the Raptors and generally come across as being out to lunch when commenting on low-profile franchises. I'm not an anti-ESPN guy in general, but covering sports nationally as they do, they only really cover the highest profile players and teams well. Beyond that I wouldn't put much stock in their opinions.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I find all the ESPN talk funny considering this entire site is a subdivision of ESPN itself...
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

ESPN is all about web traffic, and nothing makes web traffic explode like a bunch of angry Canadians. Heck, we'll post it in a thread, someone from the site will run a piece why ESPN is wrong/right, create massive internet chatter, etc.

Does that happen when ESPN says the Raps are a middle of the road mediocre team worthy of a C? We might accept that.

Comment

ESPN is strictly 'merica.
              A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ers-offseasons

Podcast

Comment

I'm loving what I'm hearing about Dwight Buycks. I think he should be the back up point guard as well but my worry is with Dwane Casey. He has a thing for guys with experience even if they aren't good players. So my worry is even if Dwight is clearly outperforming Augustin he will still play D.J. over Dwight and I don't think that's fair. There is nothing Augustin does better than Buycks and Augustin is a terrible defender, which is what we are suppose to be about this year, so I don't see what sense it makes to play him over Dwight.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    I'm loving what I'm hearing about Dwight Buycks. I think he should be the back up point guard as well but my worry is with Dwane Casey. He has a thing for guys with experience even if they aren't good players. So my worry is even if Dwight is clearly outperforming Augustin he will still play D.J. over Dwight and I don't think that's fair. There is nothing Augustin does better than Buycks and Augustin is a terrible defender, which is what we are suppose to be about this year, so I don't see what sense it makes to play him over Dwight.
                    Thier is no basis. All that Buycks has proven is that he can dominate over inferior opponents. He really only proved that he can score not really lead a team. Didn't prove that he can play D either. Has better tools but, that's all.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

retarded and unprofessional podcast

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                        retarded and unprofessional podcast
                        no kidding! I couldn't get quite all the way through it, but am scratching my head why I even continued any further than when the one guy needed a reminder of what team was the topic.

Comment

I can't say everyone because I honestly don't know, but I find it interesting that people say Buycks is already better than Augustin when 90% of people haven't ever seen him play outside of summer league and highlight clips on YouTube. If we had signed Augustin last season, everyone would have been ecstatic at his cost. He had one bad season and suddenly he's shittier than a PG who know one had heard of before we signed him. Chances are Augustin will be primary backup and the reason won't be experience. It'll be talent and I doubt(though could be wrong) that Buycks is more talented. If he was good enough to be a primary backup he would've been in the league long ago. One bad season for Augustin doesn't define his whole career. And sure he isn't the greatest defender but overall I'd take him over Buycks.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Harper's the first writer I've seen who actually thinks Buycks has a legit shot at usurping Augustin as the primary backup. Interesting.
                            You act as if Augustin already has the backup job... which would be tragic

Comment

Perhaps Toronto should go for Jonny Flynn at point guard. He definitely has talent, and it looks like Quentin Richardson's spot will be open.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ck-jonny-flynn

Comment

I hope you're right. I just remember seeing Augustin in the eastern conference finals and his D was atrocious. Like it was soooo bad. Anytime he came into the game Indiana's D went to shit. I can't believe with Dwight's speed, athleticism and height he could be any worse that D.J. Augustin is almost Jose bad defensively from the eye test. Maybe advanced stats would say otherwise but I highly doubt that.
                                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Thier is no basis. All that Buycks has proven is that he can dominate over inferior opponents. He really only proved that he can score not really lead a team. Didn't prove that he can play D either. Has better tools but, that's all.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X