No announcement yet.

[Hoopsworld] Gay, Lowry contract years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure Novak's a great shooter, but it doesn't help that I could probably play better defense than him. I hope he worked on things other than shooting this offseason, like mobility and such.

IMO he should play a Matt Bonner type role on this team. Not a consistent rotation guy, but a situational guy. Sit on the bench for three and a half quarters, and then come in if we need instant offense.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I dont care about his defense as long as he hits some big 3s for us. Thats what you want from Novak after all

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Must be that damn stomach virus going around....

Hope his motivation isn't solely based on a contract year.
        I dont think Lowry falls under those "contract year" type players.

He's actually produced and even steadily improved year after year. He's always been an aggressive guy so i dont think he's doing things more of now just because its a contract year.

I do hope he improves his FG%.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          I dont think Lowry falls under those "contract year" type players.

He's actually produced and even steadily improved year after year. He's always been an aggressive guy so i dont think he's doing things more of now just because its a contract year.

I do hope he improves his FG%.
          I feel like the one thing that will forsure improve is his assists and assist rate. I could see him averaging 8 a game.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

klow will always be a husky bitch, it's his body type. But he does look much better than last season in that photo.

Comment

More from Hoopsworld:

10 Contract-Year Players To Watch

Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors

When Lowry has been healthy in recent years, he has filled the stat sheet and looked like one of the better point guards in the league. He’s capable of making an impact on both ends of the court and affecting the game in a variety of ways. However, the time that he has been healthy has been limited over the last few years. Last season, he played in 68 games, but was hobbled and playing through pain for much of the year. If he can get back to 100 percent and stay there, he could be poised for a huge season. Surrounded by weapons like Rudy Gay, Jonas Valanciunas and DeMar DeRozan among others, this is one of the better supporting casts that Lowry has played with during his career and that could mean some nice numbers from the 27-year-old point guard. A healthy, breakout season could lead to a big payday for Lowry when he becomes an unrestricted free agent next summer (if teams are willing to look past his history of butting heads with coaches).
              Interesting point in bold that I hadn't previously thought of.. team cohesiveness is unbelievably important this year.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

You gotta look at it from Lowry's perspective. If he can't make this team work, his career in the nba is done. He already has a reputation for not listening to coaches and doing his own thing. He's not that much of a team player.

Now he's in a situation where even DC has to rely on him. It's this, or nothing; rise or fall.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                  You gotta look at it from Lowry's perspective. If he can't make this team work, his career in the nba is done. He already has a reputation for not listening to coaches and doing his own thing. He's not that much of a team player.

Now he's in a situation where even DC has to rely on him. It's this, or nothing; rise or fall.
                  He won't be done in the NBA.

His career as a starter will be done.

But Jarrett Jack has shown a nice career can be made accepting a backup role - and excelling.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post

Not NBA career more like NBA starter.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                    X