istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 129

Thread: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    If by "In today's society" you mean "your generation", then sure. For my generation it was Michael Keaton (and to a much lesser extent Val Kilmer and George Clooney) which brought Batman into HUGE popularity.

    But when I was referring to "Dark Knight Returns", that is a Graphic Novel done by the creator of 300, Frank Miller; which is widely regarded as the best piece of Batman literature ever. And he's got short ears in that, and is super buff. Like the picture.

    And I maintain, Christian Bales Batman fails simply because of that stupid voice.
    The voice isn't stupid at all. That's such misguided internet bullshit.

    He obviously can't go talking like Bruce fucking Wayne as Batman. Would you rather he disguise his voice with a pee-wee herman type accent?


    Btw, the short ears look tacky. It makes the suit look like it's too small or something..

  2. #62
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    The voice isn't stupid at all. That's such misguided internet bullshit.

    He obviously can't go talking like Bruce fucking Wayne as Batman. Would you rather he disguise his voice with a pee-wee herman type accent?


    Btw, the short ears look tacky. It makes the suit look like it's too small or something..
    Nah, its just stupid.

    As I said, Michael Keaton had a bit of a voice.. enough of a voice. Bale took it over the top.


    We'll agree to disagree on the ears. I think they look bad ass and the ones that are like 6" long look tacky.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  3. Like .40 Cal Flakes liked this post
  4. #63
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    bat bale
    bat kilmer
    bat keaton
    bat west
    bat clooney
    All day Every day

  5. #64
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    bat bale
    bat kilmer
    bat keaton
    bat west
    bat clooney
    Give me Keaton over any of em. I think I'm going to like Afflecks Batman though.
    I expect his to be the angriest and most bent on revenge/justice.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  6. #65
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    it cracks me up how up in arms casual batman fans are about bale's batvoice

    in the comics its an ongoing thing, as mentioned, how else would he cover up his voice?
    @jerboat

  7. #66
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    it cracks me up how up in arms casual batman fans are about bale's batvoice

    in the comics its an ongoing thing, as mentioned, how else would he cover up his voice?
    Am I "casual" just because I don't like it?

    As I mentioned previously, Keaton had a voice. And it was fine. Its not that he changes his voice that I take issue with. Its the extreme with which he's taken it. Even the people doing the auditions didn't expect that.

    Not to mention, Bale didn't even consider the comics when coming up with "the Voice" ...
    "I got there. They put me in Val Kilmer's suit. It didn't even fit properly, and I stood in it and I went 'I feel like an idiot.' What kind of guy walks around, dressed like a bat? And is then going to go 'Hello, how are you? Just ignore that I'm dressed as a bat.' Of course, he's meant to be doing this. If you look at the history of the guy and the pain that he went through. I went 'I can't do this in a normal voice. I have to become a beast in order to sell this to myself.'"
    It always sounded to me like his nose was plugged while wearing that mask.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Jun 13th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  8. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i am actually going through the whole collection right now, got them on blue ray. batman returns is keaton's best. i think he gets bruce wayne the best but his batman is like watching walker texas ranger with cut-aways because he isn't physical enough.

    keaton also goes out of his way to tell women he is batman so he can bang them. bale and kilmer do batman well, kilmer does bruce better, but like miller's comic bale's batman kicks so much ass. you know if the president sent supes after him bale wouldn't even need help to kick his ass.

    i am excited about batfleck but i doubt he is able to stand up to superman the way bale would. i think his batman will be the cold scientific batman who runs the justice league.

    anyone here see crisis on two earths, war or flashpoint paradox? batman is so much the shit
    All day Every day

  9. #68
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    dark knight
    batman returns
    batman begins
    batman forever
    batman
    dark knight rises
    then somewhere on the eighth layer of hell underneath judas is batman and robin

    had to edit forgot batman
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jun 14th, 2014 at 09:59 AM.
    All day Every day

  10. #69
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love Batman. Keaton was great. Kilmer and Clooney weren't very good at all, but the movies themselves were awful. Honestly, Batman, with Keaton was a good movie, and Nolan's trilogy was fantastic. The rest was really awful. Many like Batman Returns with the Penguin I think, but that movie sucked too as far as I'm concerned.

    I thought Bale was awesome as Batman, and loved the deep voice. I'm not at all convinced that Affleck can pull off a better Batman, but I hope he does because I want this film to be good, because generally, super hero movies are poorly done IMO.

    As far as Batman movies go I would rank them as 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Dark Knight Rises 3. Batman Begins 4. Batman and that's. The others aren't even worth watching IMO. The one with Arnie and Carrey is fucking brutal.

  11. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I love Batman. Keaton was great. Kilmer and Clooney weren't very good at all, but the movies themselves were awful. Honestly, Batman, with Keaton was a good movie, and Nolan's trilogy was fantastic. The rest was really awful. Many like Batman Returns with the Penguin I think, but that movie sucked too as far as I'm concerned.

    I thought Bale was awesome as Batman, and loved the deep voice. I'm not at all convinced that Affleck can pull off a better Batman, but I hope he does because I want this film to be good, because generally, super hero movies are poorly done IMO.

    As far as Batman movies go I would rank them as 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Dark Knight Rises 3. Batman Begins 4. Batman and that's. The others aren't even worth watching IMO. The one with Arnie and Carrey is fucking brutal.
    it was arnie and uma with a neutered bane. carey was with tommy lee jones.
    All day Every day

  12. #71
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apparently Jason Mamoa (Khal Droga to Game of Thrones fans) has been cast as Aquaman, and will make a small appearance in BvS. I'm ok with this. Dudes a bad ass.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  13. #72
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Am I "casual" just because I don't like it?
    not at all, i'm just saying the "batvoice" is kind of a thing in the comics and the movie is based on the comics soooooooooooooo
    @jerboat

  14. #73
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    not at all, i'm just saying the "batvoice" is kind of a thing in the comics and the movie is based on the comics soooooooooooooo
    The best batvoice was in Batman: the Animated Series.

  15. #74
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Apparently Jason Mamoa (Khal Droga to Game of Thrones fans) has been cast as Aquaman, and will make a small appearance in BvS. I'm ok with this. Dudes a bad ass.
    I can never take Aqua Man seriously after this LMAO

  16. Like Joey liked this post
  17. #75
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I can never take Aqua Man seriously after this LMAO
    How about now?
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  18. #76
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

    I personally think it can work, but I think this could ruin any of the positive cred he's built up over the last ... since Jennifer Lopez.
    Dumb question but it's Batman vs. Superman... So are they against each other the whole movie? No offense but Batman can't take down a guy who can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, super senstive hearing, see through walls, cannot be injured by bullets, etc. It's kind of like Mike Tyson in his prime versus Andy Dick.

  19. #77
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Dumb question but it's Batman vs. Superman... So are they against each other the whole movie? No offense but Batman can't take down a guy who can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, super senstive hearing, see through walls, cannot be injured by bullets, etc. It's kind of like Mike Tyson in his prime versus Andy Dick.
    From what I understand, its to be lightly based on the Dark Knight Returns comic by Frank Miller (who did the original Sin City & 300 comics). In it, Batman is in his later years of fighting crime, and still very much a vigilante; where Superman is fresh in the business, wreckless, careless etc. but a lackey for the Government. As set up by Man of Steel, it seems to be in line so far. They obviously eventually come together to form the Justice League though.

    And Batman has beaten Superman a few times in their history I'm pretty sure. Always winning by being smarter first, and having the gadgets to do it.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  20. #78
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Dumb question but it's Batman vs. Superman... So are they against each other the whole movie? No offense but Batman can't take down a guy who can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, super senstive hearing, see through walls, cannot be injured by bullets, etc. It's kind of like Mike Tyson in his prime versus Andy Dick.
    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    From what I understand, its to be lightly based on the Dark Knight Returns comic by Frank Miller (who did the original Sin City & 300 comics). In it, Batman is in his later years of fighting crime, and still very much a vigilante; where Superman is fresh in the business, wreckless, careless etc. but a lackey for the Government. As set up by Man of Steel, it seems to be in line so far. They obviously eventually come together to form the Justice League though.

    And Batman has beaten Superman a few times in their history I'm pretty sure. Always winning by being smarter first, and having the gadgets to do it.
    Batman can beat anybody, because of the bold. His superpower is intelligence and preparedness. I'm sure he never leaves home without a piece of kryptonite, just in case.

  21. Like Joey liked this post
  22. #79
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Batman can beat anybody, because of the bold. His superpower is intelligence and preparedness. I'm sure he never leaves home without a piece of kryptonite, just in case.
    You hit the nail on the head, thats what Batman is known for. But I feel like if he went up against someone like spiderman he would have a hard time even if he was prepared before hand.

  23. #80
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    From what I understand, its to be lightly based on the Dark Knight Returns comic by Frank Miller (who did the original Sin City & 300 comics). In it, Batman is in his later years of fighting crime, and still very much a vigilante; where Superman is fresh in the business, wreckless, careless etc. but a lackey for the Government. As set up by Man of Steel, it seems to be in line so far. They obviously eventually come together to form the Justice League though.

    And Batman has beaten Superman a few times in their history I'm pretty sure. Always winning by being smarter first, and having the gadgets to do it.
    Unless he has a pocket full of kryptonite I don't see it based on how they build up Superman as pretty much godlike.

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    You hit the nail on the head, thats what Batman is known for. But I feel like if he went up against someone like spiderman he would have a hard time even if he was prepared before hand.
    Well Batman doesn't really have any villians like Carnage or Venom. He tends to take on the cerebral types such as the Joker, Ridler and Penguin.

    I think Ironman and Batman have more similarities. Personality is a complete contrast but virtually everything else if very similar. Ironman vs. Batman, that would be an interesting duel.

  24. Like Joey liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •