Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    He has super reading comprehension. He reads at an extremely high grade level. ( not really a joke )
    Which again is stupid as fuck. Reason why I don't read comic books, I understand its all fiction but its just way too over the top. Some of these guys are basically invulnerable

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I think they've dialed back on Supes powers in the last little while. I don't think that's still accepted. Flash is faster than Superman, and actually can travel in time if we really want to get geeky about it. Haha Still haven't watched that Flash show though .. looks lame.
      Wait, can Superman still change the rotation of the earth to create sort of a hot tub time machine to the past? Those things come in handy if you've been shot in the penis by a shotgun you know.

Comment

• Its not avengers, bit maybe dc will get this one right for a change.

But without blocking out the sun, and his kryptonite gauntlets, batman stands NO chance.

One punch from supes woyld evaporate bruce, or supes could jusy grab him and drop him on the moon.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Wait, can Superman still change the rotation of the earth to create sort of a hot tub time machine to the past? Those things come in handy if you've been shot in the penis by a shotgun you know.
          Nope. Unfortunately not. I don't think so anyway.
          Though I think his penis could withstand a shotgun blast ... that's something for the other movie industry to tackle.. Haha

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
            Its not avengers, bit maybe dc will get this one right for a change.

But without blocking out the sun, and his kryptonite gauntlets, batman stands NO chance.

One punch from supes woyld evaporate bruce, or supes could jusy grab him and drop him on the moon.
            Everyone has their weaknesses though. And you'll notice that Batman has a Superman-fighting-suit on at the end of the trailer, similar to in Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.
            Whats interesting though, is that Kryptonite wasn't even mentioned in the Man of Steel movie, so it'll be cool to see how they introduce that.

Comment

• I am curious as to what a superman fighting suit consists of.

Comment

I am curious as to what a superman fighting suit consists of.
                Probably not a far cry from what Iron Man wears would be my guess? At least in terms of power boost and ability to withstand punches from super-people. With some added Kryptonite maybe? Haha

Comment

• Would have to be something special. Even ironmans suit on its own cannot stand to the strength of thor or hulk and would get totally crushed easily without the use of "special metals"

I ak not familiar with the dc universe and do not know if there are metals capabpe of withstanding supermans strength or the heat from his eyes, or his freezing breath....

Comment

• guessing it has kryptonite something or other and is built by lex luthor
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Would have to be something special. Even ironmans suit on its own cannot stand to the strength of thor or hulk and would get totally crushed easily without the use of "special metals"

I ak not familiar with the dc universe and do not know if there are metals capabpe of withstanding supermans strength or the heat from his eyes, or his freezing breath....
                      Adamantium and Vibranium are the strongest metals if I'm not mistaken, but thats marvel lol

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Adamantium and Vibranium are the strongest metals if I'm not mistaken, but thats marvel lol
                        You are right, wolverines metal and captain americas shield.

I dont know of a dc universe equivillant.

Comment

Isn't vibranium not strong but able to absorb kinetic energy directed towards it. For instance vibranium edges wouldn't be sharp

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Isn't vibranium not strong but able to absorb kinetic energy directed towards it. For instance vibranium edges wouldn't be sharp
                            Its something like that. Vibranium isn't supposed to vibrate or make sound when its hit either, which they fucked up in the Avengers pretty bad. I forget what part but Captain Americas shield get hit by something and it vibrates like fucking crazy.

Comment

Its something like that. Vibranium isn't supposed to vibrate or make sound when its hit either, which they fucked up in the Avengers pretty bad. I forget what part but Captain Americas shield get hit by something and it vibrates like fucking crazy.
                              Think I heard it clang in the movie

Comment

Think Captain America's shield is technically an alloy, so they can explain any differences with that excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X