• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world is going to end!

I dont even care about Batman movies..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      Did no one involved in this production see Daredevil?

Also, why would Affleck do this? He just finally got over his string of failures and did good stuff like Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo. Why set himself up like this?
      Well if you've seen Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo, then you already know that having seen Daredevil 10 years ago (and it was filmed in like 2001) has no bearing on what Affleck can bring to the role in the Present Day.

And I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about RDJ for the Iron Man role. So I say lets see what he can bring to the role before we dismiss it.

slaw wrote: View Post
      Well, I guess Batman always trends toward camp. The good kind (Adam West) and the bad kind (the Clooneyfied horror Batman and Robin). We'll see how it goes. They should just go full on 60s with this and cast Mark Wahlberg as Superman. The first Southey Justice League, brah!
      Well Bales version of Batman was about as anti-camp as possible, and the latest Man of Steel was far from it as well; so there's that. And if what they are saying is true (basing the Batman story arch/role off of Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns) then it should be a pretty serious performance from Affleck, with them playing up the "Playboy" role of Bruce Wayne a little more than Bale did; ala Tony Stark.

Comment

Some quotes that I found interesting:

the antagonistic Batman/Superman relationship from Frank Miller's seminal comic The Dark Knight Returns would inform the new film.
        Chances are the character will be much different from the one in the Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton movies, Sciretta says, and Affleck could thrive in the role of an older, more conflicted vigilante millionaire.

"In Man of Steel, Superman was so careless in that final battle, letting much of Metropolis end in ruin, allowing so many civilian casualties," Sciretta says. "The fate of Metropolis was a big problem a lot of fans had with the film, and I expect that that destruction will be a huge part of why Batman will be hunting down Superman in this next film."
        From a business perspective for Warner Bros., "it makes a lot of sense to have Affleck in that fold not only as an actor but possibly as a director in future installments," says Jeff Bock, senior box-office analyst for Exhibitor Relations. "When you look at the big picture, it's exactly the right choice."
        "He can pull off the emotion of the father issues and the loss issues and the isolation without coming off like a jerk the way that Bale's Bruce Wayne tended to come off," Beggs says. "That was a huge dichotomy and a big gulf between the Batman and the Bruce Wayne characters there, and I see Affleck able to pull off a tighter balance between debonair and then also formidable as a fighter."
        "It'll be undeniably a challenge for Cavill onscreen to do the scene work with Affleck," Beggs says. "But Affleck's also proven that he's an actor's actor and an actor's director. He can bring a lot of knowledge and storytelling wisdom."
        Source

The quote about Superman being so reckless and destroying Metropolis and a really interesting angle for them to play. It got me thinking.. so I did some googling, and apparently, someone hired a consulting firm to estimate the damages caused by Supe vs Zod...
        BuzzFeed reached out to Charles Watson at Watson Technical Consulting to determine just how much damage was done the "Man of Steel's" central city. According to the WTC team's calculations, the impact of Superman and Zod's fight "seemed to be similar to an air burst from a 20kt nuclear explosion in terms of shock effects, but without the radiation or thermal effects."

All told, WTC estimated that 129,000 people would be confirmed dead after the battle, 250,000 would be missing (though most would ultimately be found deceased) and 1 million residents would be injured. In terms of monetary cost, Metropolis is looking at $750 billion in physical damage and $2 trillion in overall economic impact. Let's hope Superman also has a super credit card to help the city recover.
        Source
        Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 23, 2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

This fan made trailer is pretty cool:

Comment

Apparently Bryan Cranston will play Lex Luthor. Epic.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
              Apparently Bryan Cranston will play Lex Luthor. Epic.
              He's on record as saying he'd be interested. I don't think there's an official announcement yet though.

Comment

Nevermind. Amazing.

This rumor hasn’t hit critical mass quite yet, but it’s definitely getting there, as dozens of major outlets are treating it as a done deal that Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston will play Lex Luthor. It appears all these reports are sourced back to an original story from Cosmic Book News; so far, there doesn’t appear to be any further corroboration of the rumor, though that could change shortly.

Anyway, the additional details of the story indicate that Cranston could sign on to play Luthor in anywhere between six and a whopping ten films, and that’s actually only the third craziest detail of the report – the gold and silver medals go to the suggestions that Ben Affleck is signing on to play Batman in as many as 13 movies and that Matt Damon is now in contention to play either Aquaman or the Martian Manhunter.
                Source

Comment

He'd be an awesome Luthor.... but ya, don't believe the internets

Comment

I'm going to keep it simple...fuck Ben Affleck as Batman. I think DC made a horrible decision. I hope I am 100% wrong but I just don't see it working. And the trickle of shit effect is already beginning...Matt Damon possibly as Aquaman?? Ugghh that better not happen.

Tho the casting of BC as Lex Luther is fuckin brilliant! Excited about that.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                      I'm going to keep it simple...fuck Ben Affleck as Batman. I think DC made a horrible decision. I hope I am 100% wrong but I just don't see it working. And the trickle of shit effect is already beginning...Matt Damon possibly as Aquaman?? Ugghh that better not happen.

Bryan Colangelo! O_O

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post

Can you explain why you don't see it working? Is it because Damon and Affleck are both already established faces?

I dont understand why a lot of people are upset, seems stupid to me

Comment

Ya I agree.
                          While the casting of Matt Damon is far from confirmed (so we'll save that for another day) I think the Affleck hiring is really going to work out.

Comment

They were looking for an older batman..which I actually hinstantly thought of George Clooney(multiple reasons, some just for shits and gigs), but I doubt guy would go anywhere near another superhero movie, nevermind reprising Batman..

Affleck, I think anybody who is for this choice has seen Hollywoodland..if you haven't seen that, I suggest you watch it and it goes with what Snyder described about what he can bring to the character..

That article posted about Cranston and Ben Affleck playing in like 30 combined films is so outrageous, it's probably true..
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yeah the Cranston as Luthor thing is not true (see here) but maybe after seeing how happy people were about it they will end up casting him any ways.
                              Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 30, 2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: fixed url

Comment

Ah so Jesse Eisenberg (he played the Facebook guy) has been cast as Lex Luthor. Very curious choice as he seems way to young to play the guy who is supposed to give Superman a run for his money.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/33195

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X