Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: LA to San Fran. in 30 mins. by train

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default LA to San Fran. in 30 mins. by train

    Does this guy sleep at all? Another project by Elon Musk.


    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/l-a-t...-dream-indeed/




    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  2. Like Joey liked this post
  3. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The hyperloop is awesome. This tech basically leapfrogs the Chinese/Japanese high speed rail. Great for north american infrastructure.

    Elons best project, in my opinion, is his side wall mounted batteries that store your days solar energy for night use. So smart. Start working on transferring the kentic energy of our tires on pavement back into the grid and we are golden. Also I want something that wipes my ass for me.

    Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

  4. Like Bendit liked this post
  5. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dont the Japanese have a toilet gizmo to wipe, wash and blow dry? lol. And it probably comes in gold as well.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  6. Like Miekenstien liked this post
  7. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ha. i will look for that. if it is real then we really are in the future.

  8. Like Joey liked this post
  9. #5
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    The hyperloop is awesome. This tech basically leapfrogs the Chinese/Japanese high speed rail. Great for north american infrastructure.

    Elons best project, in my opinion, is his side wall mounted batteries that store your days solar energy for night use. So smart. Start working on transferring the kentic energy of our tires on pavement back into the grid and we are golden. Also I want something that wipes my ass for me.
    Not quite the same as what the bold suggests, but I would say check out SolarRoadways, or SmartRoads.
    http://news.discovery.com/autos/tran...-up-140509.htm

    Really cool stuff.

  10. Like Miekenstien liked this post
  11. #6
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Dont the Japanese have a toilet gizmo to wipe, wash and blow dry? lol. And it probably comes in gold as well.
    Do you mean those water fountains that they put in bathrooms?

  12. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Do you mean those water fountains that they put in bathrooms?
    Are you referring to the bidet? Yes I was but much more!

    It's the Toto!!!

    How did we get from train travel to toilet capabilities lol? I was remembering this:

    http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...ll_change.html
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  13. #8
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They just tested out some propulsion system for this actually:


    I guess initially they're going to be using the tech for long hauling cargo before using it for people transport. I think they're still trying to figure out how to get people to deal with the G's and acceleration required.

  14. Like Bendit liked this post
  15. #9
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is a good video to explain UCLAs and a competing companies vision for it:
    Last edited by Joey; Wed May 18th, 2016 at 06:03 PM.

  16. Like Bendit liked this post
  17. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Toronto to Montreal in about 45 mins.or so? Wild. I cant get to downtown TO in the same time right now!

    The infrastructure changes though (straight line reqts. and capital) will be road blocks Itll be a few years yet...but a glimpse into the future I suppose.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  18. #11
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Toronto to Montreal in about 45 mins.or so? Wild. I cant get to downtown TO in the same time right now!

    The infrastructure changes though (straight line reqts. and capital) will be road blocks Itll be a few years yet...but a glimpse into the future I suppose.
    I think the idea would be to piggyback on top of existing infrastructure ie Highways and Rail Corridors, which should massively reduce the obstacles, but you're right .. nothing moves quickly in politics .. excuse the pun. Lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •