Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: The Movie Thread

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Movie Thread

    Everyone likes movies. In my time here, I've seen more than one reference/discussion to certain films.I figure we should make a movie thread.

    Talk about anything and everything to do with movies. old ones, new ones. Classics, duds. Whatever!


    I guess maybe could start out with rating the last movie you saw...


    I just got around to seeing The Prestige.

    I need to see it again. I can't even rate it without having seen it again. But, I can definitely say it's a fucking masterpiece.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Everyone likes movies. In my time here, I've seen more than one reference/discussion to certain films.I figure we should make a movie thread.

    Talk about anything and everything to do with movies. old ones, new ones. Classics, duds. Whatever!


    I guess maybe could start out with rating the last movie you saw...


    I just got around to seeing The Prestige.

    I need to see it again. I can't even rate it without having seen it again. But, I can definitely say it's a fucking masterpiece.
    Yeah that was a great movie, shocking ending.

    The new hunger games movie comes out this weekend I think and I figure ill see it at some point so I rewatched the first one last night cause I had forgotten everything. Its no masterpiece but entertaining nonetheless.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I haven't seen that, yet. I got to get on that. It looked pretty good.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  4. #4
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I took my wife to see he new Thor movie on the weekend. It was entertaining, 3 out of 5 stars in my books.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I took my wife to see he new Thor movie on the weekend. It was entertaining, 3 out of 5 stars in my books.
    I saw Thor last week... very entertaining... i'd give it just under a 4/5... it was pure popcorn fun... enjoyed it a lot more than the first one

    watched Captain Phillips this past weekend... WOW... really great movie... really really great... this year's Zero Dark Thirty for sure.. best Hanks performance since Philadelphia... and that's not to put down everything he's done since then... it was just that good

  6. #6
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I liked it, I just thought it was average and on my rating scale that is a 3.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I liked it, I just thought it was average and on my rating scale that is a 3.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    lol... 4 is a bit high... but I didn't want to break into fractions... I would give the first Thor a 3... and this one was definitely more enjoyable...

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    last time I went to the THeatres I saw Prisoners..pretty excellent. 9/10
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Has anyone seen Captain Phillips? im interested to see it and heard good things, curious to know what people thought of it.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Has anyone seen Captain Phillips? im interested to see it and heard good things, curious to know what people thought of it.
    me! me! me!
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    me! me! me!
    how was it?

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    how was it?
    it ..was...fuckin...amazing..i would...say...more.. but then i would ruin it
    2 hours of your life is soft even if at the end you dont like it its not like you spent 6 hours of your life watching lotr
    i watched with some friends put it this why you'll be laughing every second trust me. but your gonna be tearing up in the final scenes tho......
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Sun Nov 24th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Has anyone seen Captain Phillips? im interested to see it and heard good things, curious to know what people thought of it.
    I have... I commented on it a few posts back... but i'll repeat myself..

    Probably Hanks best performance since Philadelphia... really gripping story... there is a point in the middle of the movie that it does kind of slow down for a bit... but that's really my only gripe... otherwise, absolutely fantastic... really gripping tense movie

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    I have... I commented on it a few posts back... but i'll repeat myself..

    Probably Hanks best performance since Philadelphia... really gripping story... there is a point in the middle of the movie that it does kind of slow down for a bit... but that's really my only gripe... otherwise, absolutely fantastic... really gripping tense movie
    What about Cast Away? I'd say that performance was on par with Philadelphia. Though, damn I haven't seen it in a long time..so, maybe it's not as good as I once thought.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    What about Cast Away? I'd say that performance was on par with Philadelphia. Though, damn I haven't seen it in a long time..so, maybe it's not as good as I once thought.
    hated castaway. I understand it's widely loved, but I hated the living hell out of it.

    back when it came out... my roommate at the time had a copy of it... and specifically only ever played it when he brought girls home, because it was guaranteed to bore the crap out of them... and lead to some boredom boning.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    hated castaway. I understand it's widely loved, but I hated the living hell out of it.

    back when it came out... my roommate at the time had a copy of it... and specifically only ever played it when he brought girls home, because it was guaranteed to bore the crap out of them... and lead to some boredom boning.
    wait...this is fucking me up. You're saying it's widely-loved. But, that...here i'll just bold the contradicting parts that have now confused the hell out of me.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    wait...this is fucking me up. You're saying it's widely-loved. But, that...here i'll just bold the contradicting parts that have now confused the hell out of me.
    yup... it was widely loved and critically acclaimed... and I hated it... it was boring as shit

    and i'll tell you... judging by the amount of times I went into my old bathroom, and my roommate forgot to hit the flush handle when he threw his condoms in the toilet... it bored the shit out of a lot of the women he brought home too

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    yup... it was widely loved and critically acclaimed... and I hated it... it was boring as shit

    and i'll tell you... judging by the amount of times I went into my old bathroom, and my roommate forgot to hit the flush handle when he threw his condoms in the toilet... it bored the shit out of a lot of the women he brought home too
    alright, well I liked it and so do most people I know including people of the other gender. But, not everything's for everyone, I guess. haha
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  19. #19
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I took my wife to Hunger Games on the weekend. 4/5, better than the first. I never read the books and only watched the first movie the day before I went to the second. I was surprised at how good they were. I was expecting Twilight with bows or something teen angst driven. It was totally different than I expected.


    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've heard it be dubbed "Battle Royale Jr."

    I've never seen either. So, no idea if that's true..

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •