Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Apparently Bryan Cranston will play Lex Luthor. Epic.
    He's on record as saying he'd be interested. I don't think there's an official announcement yet though.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind. Amazing.

This rumor hasn’t hit critical mass quite yet, but it’s definitely getting there, as dozens of major outlets are treating it as a done deal that Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston will play Lex Luthor. It appears all these reports are sourced back to an original story from Cosmic Book News; so far, there doesn’t appear to be any further corroboration of the rumor, though that could change shortly.

Anyway, the additional details of the story indicate that Cranston could sign on to play Luthor in anywhere between six and a whopping ten films, and that’s actually only the third craziest detail of the report – the gold and silver medals go to the suggestions that Ben Affleck is signing on to play Batman in as many as 13 movies and that Matt Damon is now in contention to play either Aquaman or the Martian Manhunter.
    Source
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He'd be an awesome Luthor.... but ya, don't believe the internets

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to keep it simple...fuck Ben Affleck as Batman. I think DC made a horrible decision. I hope I am 100% wrong but I just don't see it working. And the trickle of shit effect is already beginning...Matt Damon possibly as Aquaman?? Ugghh that better not happen.

Tho the casting of BC as Lex Luther is fuckin brilliant! Excited about that.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    I'm going to keep it simple...fuck Ben Affleck as Batman. I think DC made a horrible decision. I hope I am 100% wrong but I just don't see it working. And the trickle of shit effect is already beginning...Matt Damon possibly as Aquaman?? Ugghh that better not happen.

Bryan Colangelo! O_O

Post Thanks / Like

Can you explain why you don't see it working? Is it because Damon and Affleck are both already established faces?

I dont understand why a lot of people are upset, seems stupid to me

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I agree.
    While the casting of Matt Damon is far from confirmed (so we'll save that for another day) I think the Affleck hiring is really going to work out.

Post Thanks / Like

They were looking for an older batman..which I actually hinstantly thought of George Clooney(multiple reasons, some just for shits and gigs), but I doubt guy would go anywhere near another superhero movie, nevermind reprising Batman..

Affleck, I think anybody who is for this choice has seen Hollywoodland..if you haven't seen that, I suggest you watch it and it goes with what Snyder described about what he can bring to the character..

That article posted about Cranston and Ben Affleck playing in like 30 combined films is so outrageous, it's probably true..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the Cranston as Luthor thing is not true (see here) but maybe after seeing how happy people were about it they will end up casting him any ways.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 30th, 2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: fixed url

Post Thanks / Like

Ah so Jesse Eisenberg (he played the Facebook guy) has been cast as Lex Luthor. Very curious choice as he seems way to young to play the guy who is supposed to give Superman a run for his money.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/33195

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ah so Jesse Eisenberg (he played the Facebook guy) has been cast as Lex Luthor. Very curious choice as he seems way to young to play the guy who is supposed to give Superman a run for his money.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/33195

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Read this, apparently he's 30, same age of Henry Cavill.

I think its a really neat choice. Can do a lot with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Read this, apparently he's 30, same age of Henry Cavill.

I think its a really neat choice. Can do a lot with this.

Mind = blown

Post Thanks / Like

Mind = blown
    Haha I know right!? But ya, I dig this casting. Who'da thunk the "Zombieland" dude, who was supposed to be a poor mans Michael Cera, was moving up so quick in the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I know right!? But ya, I dig this casting. Who'da thunk the "Zombieland" dude, who was supposed to be a poor mans Michael Cera, was moving up so quick in the world!
    Interesting choice to say the least. I actually like Eisenberg as an actor and I'm on board with this choice. Social Network was good and Zombieland is one of my favourite zombie movies ever (hilarious and that scene with Bill Murray is gold). I guess it's just that once I had Bryan Cranston in my head as Lex anyone else would be a let down to me lol. The makers of Superman Vs Batman are def going for something different with this one (see Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot etc).

Edit: and also is it weird that I find your avi strangely entrancing???

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting choice to say the least. I actually like Eisenberg as an actor and I'm on board with this choice. Social Network was good and Zombieland is one of my favourite zombie movies ever (hilarious and that scene with Bill Murray is gold). I guess it's just that once I had Bryan Cranston in my head as Lex anyone else would be a let down to me lol. The makers of Superman Vs Batman are def going for something different with this one (see Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot etc).
    Keep in mind they'll be bringing back Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe as well. Power-house cast.
    I still see them looking to maintain the slightly serious tone that Man of Steel had though, even with Eisenberg.

What's interesting about Gal as Wonder Woman is that she'll naturally play a much larger role than Scarlett Johannson in Avengers did, and a big female lead is still something these super hero movies have yet to deliver.
    A lot to carry for someone who's only done Fast and Furious.

16. Like .40 Cal Flakes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind they'll be bringing back Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe as well. Power-house cast.
    I still see them looking to maintain the slightly serious tone that Man of Steel had though, even with Eisenberg.

What's interesting about Gal as Wonder Woman is that she'll naturally play a much larger role than Scarlett Johannson in Avengers did, and a big female lead is still something these super hero movies have yet to deliver.
    A lot to carry for someone who's only done Fast and Furious.
    The scenes with Costner in MOS were brilliant imo. Really made the movie for me. I loved the semi serious tone MOS had, I hope they keep a similar tone for SVB even with Eisenberg as you say.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DC Comic characters are so iconic.. floors me that they casted Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and now Jesse Eisenberg of all people as Lex Luthor.

What next? Are they going to use Justin Bieber as the Flash?

I really hope it works out. Love Superman and the last movie was great. I really don't want them to derail something that is going so well.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL He doesn't look half bad with the chrome dome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    DC Comic characters are so iconic.. floors me that they casted Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and now Jesse Eisenberg of all people as Lex Luthor.

What next? Are they going to use Justin Bieber as the Flash?
    I don't understand this mentality at all.
    Jesse Eisenberg is an Oscar nominated Actor. I think he'll be able to add something to Luthor that no one ever has.

Same with Affleck. I'm going on record as saying he's going to nail the role.

Gal I don't know about.. but I sure as hell am rooting for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information