Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool interview with Affleck and Snyder on Yahoo and ComicBookNews.com

“Initially I thought, ‘I’m older, it doesn’t seem like the right sort of fit for me, then Zack pitched me his concept for this older, more broken, kind of f—d up Batman. It was something we haven’t seen. We have seen that Batman is willing to cross the line to protect people. That vigilantism has been a part of his character all along, and we are tapping into that mentality when faced by something as potentially as deadly as Superman.”
    Snyder confirmed that Affleck’s Batman is 45 or 46 years old (older than the actor’s actual age of 42), and has been fighting crime as the Caped Crusader for 20 years. “All the history is there,” he said. “Was there a Robin at one time? Possibly.”

Not only is the new Batman suffering from the loss of his sidekick, his parents, and the occupants of Wayne Tower (which was destroyed during Superman’s battle with Zod), but his whole worldview has been turned upside-down by the emergence of Superman. “We want to assume that Batman has reached this point in his life and career as a superhero, and Superman represents a sort of philosophical change,” Snyder told Empire. “He is a paradigm shift for Batman: 'I’ve been fighting criminals all my life, trying to find justice, and now I am confronted with a concept that is transcendent to me.’ In the face of Superman, a man robbing a bank doesn’t matter.”
    "I want all the other directors of the other films to be able to stretch their legs and do what they want, but at the same time there is a big interconnected universe. I have given everyone amazing access to our story, to me, and what we are doing. All the films have like minded conceptual jumping on points." Snyder wasn't willing to get into specifics, but he did tease what the magazine describes as an "elusive" cameo for Aquaman in Dawn of Justice by promising only that, "You will understand he exists."
    Now, many fans have accused Warner Bros. of not having any sort of plan, but the magazine was lucky enough to see a board which maps out how and where the movies take place in the DC Extended Universe and how they all link up to wach other. Producer Deborah Snyder describes that as, "Kind of a timeline of what every movie is, where it is going, and where the films fit in relation to each other." Fellow producer Charles Roven meanwhile went into even further details about how they're ensuring that these movies all exist in the same world while not restricting their directors and writers too much. "We call it the sandbox. It has borders around it, but everybody gets to play in the sandbox. On Suicide Squad, David Ayer has a lot of specific control over his area of the sandbox. Even if he crosses the line a little bit, we see if we can push our boundaries back a little bit."

Comment

• lol. it is a giant bristol board with a justice league comic pinned in the middle and all the members comics around the edges, a bit of string goes from each comic and touches the justice league comic. title reads "how did marvel do this" ha

the dark knight rises showed a broken beaten batman. just watched it yesterday. had to break it into two knights because it is 3 god damn hours. talia's death scene is still dumb.

i am excited for batman vs superman.

there is a really good youtube channel how it should have ended. really funny. they do all the superhero movies and then a bunch. everything wrong with (movie) in (minutes) is also really good. love the batman forever one

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        There this 'Bonus Footage' from Comic Con at the end of the Trailer.
        Skip to :50 -

"Getting the Squad back together? Sick!"

He's definitely going to have a sense of humour, and will likely be the comic relief needed for this universe... While still being the most insane version we've seen.
        This isn't bonus footage, its fan made dude. The "Nerdist presents" sort of gave it away, and Jared Ledo doesn't sound like that lol

Comment

• Honestly, I figure I'm the only one excited for these movies, so I'll just have a nerdfest by myself in this thread alone.. Haha

Comment

That opening scene is SOO classic Bat. Really like the fighting choreography from we get to see ... so much better than the cheesy fighting scenes in past Batmans ... this Batman seems to be able to actually move around in his costume and maybe even knows Martial Arts .. crazy. Lol

Not to mention Jeremy Irons could also prove to be the best Alfred yet as well!
            Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 11, 2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• got a bet that if batman v superman makes a billion globally my buddy has to pay for every superhero movie we go to, which is all of them.

i have to wait for deadpool to come out on torrent because the ccp doesn't like to think bad words exist.

Comment

• Not a big fan of Ben Affleck being Batman. Last super hero he played was Dare Devil....Christian Bale was superb as Batman. Ben has some big shoes to fill.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm pumped.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Not a big fan of Ben Affleck being Batman. Last super hero he played was Dare Devil....Christian Bale was superb as Batman. Ben has some big shoes to fill.
                    Do you like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? Because the last Superhero he played was Green Lantern ... Lol

I think Affleck has a chance to be one of the best Batmans (Batmen?) ever. And that trailer is a good sign I'd say.

Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of Bale's Batman ... the Chris Nolan movies were phenomenal don't get me wrong.. but ya, I'd say Heath Ledger's performance made that franchise. Bale was just meh.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sun Feb 14, 2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Do you like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? Because the last Superhero he played was Green Lantern ... Lol

I think Affleck has a chance to be one of the best Batmans (Batmen?) ever. And that trailer is a good sign I'd say.

Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of Bale's Batman ... the Chris Nolan movies were phenomenal don't get me wrong.. but ya, I'd say Heath Ledger's performance made that franchise. Bale was just meh.
                      Green Lantern was terrible so Reynolds got some making up to do. Going to go check it out today so will see.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I didn't mind Green Lantern... but its typically the writing that makes or breaks an actor. Ben got screwed in Dare Devil since it was a really bad script.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Green Lantern was terrible so Reynolds got some making up to do. Going to go check it out today so will see.
                          I'd say breaking every record for an R-Rated movie on opening weekend can be seen as solid redemption. Lol Point being, its silly to judge guys on other movies they've done when so much more goes into it than just them. Like Planetmars says, you need a good script to have any chance, and that movie was just bad ALL over.

Comment

• Having dinner tonight with an old university buddy who is a producer in Hollywood. Apparently, he's seen the Batman/Superman movie - I guess they've been showing it around town to some people already - so, I am curious to hear what he has to say.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Having dinner tonight with an old university buddy who is a producer in Hollywood. Apparently, he's seen the Batman/Superman movie - I guess they've been showing it around town to some people already - so, I am curious to hear what he has to say.
                              Sweet! Which means there should be a bootleg version at Pacific Mall later this afternoon!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I didn't mind Green Lantern... but its typically the writing that makes or breaks an actor. Ben got screwed in Dare Devil since it was a really bad script.
                                It's not like Ben never got a chance to read the script before signing on

Comment

Working...
                                X