No announcement yet.

Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I confess that I am 'superheroed' out at this point but I really enjoyed Avengers 3 - I mean, Civil War. By tone, it's definitely the most serious Marvel movie to date, though, not dour or pretentious. Some really fun and cool action sequences, including a car chase with people(!!!!), and some very intimate combat scenes with actual stunts! Chris Evans is actually pretty good here as a not-so-sure-of-himself Rogers, in fact, he's the Superman we wanted from DC. For you comic book geeks out there you will definitely like Spidey and Black Panther. Good stuff. The only real negative is the fact that the universe is so loaded with characters that many of them have little or nothing to do. For those of you hoping for a big Infinity Stone tie-in story you will be disappointed as there is very little of that here.

For people who really like movie-making, the film is technically excellent and the directors get the most out of virtually every scene. It's tightly paced and it won't give you a migraine headache. One note, though: if you see it in 3D, stay away from the sides cause there seemed to be more distortion than you would normally see. Not sure if that was just where I saw it or the movie. I wouldn't waste my money on the 3D version, though, if you're on a budget.

There are a few other issues but all in all, you won't be disappointed cause Marvel gets how to make these movies. Walking out, the audience seemed super pleased and happy. This thing should make piles of money.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      i hate to be a stickler but in the dc infinite universe there are characters exactly as they were shown. can't really make mistakes when working with infinity.
      I honestly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The characters were done horribly, and none more so and less faithful to the various incarnations of the character than Luthor.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• It was good. Disagree with people saying this was the avengers movie that age of ultron should have been. Actually liked batman vs superman more than this one. Vibranium filament suit was a nice twist but basically makes black panther indestructible, even more so than wolverine. Guessing hulk could still rip in half though. Scarlet witch was nerfed for story but still was clearly most powerful. Good show.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ben-aff...200505163.html

Ben Affleck given a much bigger voice on Justice League now apparently, so that is GREAT news. I guess they just made him an Executive Producer, and him and his guy are fine tuning the script now. Love this. Putting Snyder in check is never a bad thing.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ben-aff...200505163.html

Ben Affleck given a much bigger voice on Justice League now apparently, so that is GREAT news. I guess they just made him an Executive Producer, and him and his guy are fine tuning the script now. Love this. Putting Snyder in check is never a bad thing.
            i saw this. i saw his comments about being ashamed of how BvS was received as well. did we all get an apology for gigly? shut up ben. ben is good at running movies though so this should be a good move.

honestly i am less excited for the dc universe than i was just after seeing batman vs superman. the director resignations scare me. i really don't like that 900 million is being portrayed as a failure.

Comment

• Civil war was hands down the best Superhero movie I've seen. Marvel is doing a masterful job tying in all the characters and making everything flow well. Dr.Strange should be a great movie too, it'll be interesting to see Benedict Cucumber as a superhero

Comment

• http://io9.gizmodo.com/could-dc-secr...vie-1776219903

boom. booster gold movie. this one could be good. booster gold is hilarious

Comment

• Been a big couple of days for DC!

Don't want to sound surprised ... but this movie looks pretty fantastic.

Comment

• And then there was this...

Love the footage with the Barry Allen.

Not to mention "I hear you can talk to Fish" ... this definitely seems to be a bit lighter than BvS.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jul 23, 2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

And then there was this...

Love the footage with the Barry Allen.

Not to mention "I hear you can talk to Fish" ... this definitely seems to be a bit lighter than BvS.
                      Flash looks like he's going to be a Spidey copy... but yeah, this looks a lot more goofy, ala SS.

BTW, why do I keep rewatching Deadpool?
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Flash looks like he's going to be a Spidey copy... but yeah, this looks a lot more goofy, ala SS.

Spidey copy? How so?

I still haven't even seen Deadpool. Lol

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

i would assume that the script and most of the acting was finished before civil war came out. i like that the dc universe is exploring how these people live in our world. in the dc multiverse flash's "innocence" and "heart" often are the morality for the entire justice league, sometimes more so than even superman.

i said before about superman but flash is also very similar, he has to slow everything down to speak with us and his brain transfers information as fast as he runs. he hits faster than light.

here is a tangential question and i will look it up as well but does anyone know if flash or superman can reach escape velocity of a black hole? i know superman has hit 17 times faster than light but not sure what flash tops out at.

Comment

• http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums...ck-hole-29568/

https://www.quora.com/Would-Superman...n-a-black-hole

these guys say no but aren't discussing escape velocity. for all we know the speed needed for escaping a back hole is light speed +1.

Comment

Been a big couple of days for DC!

Don't want to sound surprised ... but this movie looks pretty fantastic.
                              I wouldn't get too excited. That woman can't act - you can't even understand what she is saying. No way she can carry a feature film.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't get too excited. That woman can't act - you can't even understand what she is saying. No way she can carry a feature film.
                                You think? I understood every word that she said. Lol I guess we'll see!

Comment

Working...
                                X