No announcement yet.

Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn ... this really might be as good as people were hoping! NEW TRAILER!

Hnnnngh .. even Wonder Woman looks awesome. Which is TOUGH to do.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jul 11, 2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Damn ... this really might be as good as people were hoping! NEW TRAILER!

Hnnnngh .. even Wonder Woman looks awesome. Which is TOUGH to do.
      looks like a neck snapping good time

Comment

• Trailer was awesome. Loved it. Got a bit blurry eyed watching Bruce run at the building that was being lasered. I love batman and hate Affleck, ever since he tried to have sex with my girlfriend in a very uncomfortable place.

The little of wonder woman I saw I thought was meh. I don't remember her having the power of slapping her wrists together to create a bomb.

Disagree with Joey. Wonder woman is super easy to make look good but hard to make her interesting.
        Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Jul 11, 2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• There's just SOO much to like about that trailer ..

Not sure if people noticed, but that one suit covered in spray paint with "HAHAHA" was Robins suit .. likely indicating a dead Robin, which is right in like with the Dark Knight Returns.

Also, when Batman grabs on to the side of the building, and then grapples away, looks so awesome. Its about time we had a Batman who was actually nimble, mobile, and able to turn his head .. Geez Louise. Lol

Wonder Woman definitely can smash her indestructible bracelets together to create a concussive force, and that looked pretty bad ass in the trailer. Pretty sure she made Supes ears bleed with that in the comics one time.

Ugh, I feel like such a nerd, but I don't care. I've been waiting for this movie since I was 8. Haha

Comment

• There's something about these DC vs Marvel movies that seems to distinguish the two franchises imo, and that's the comedy factor. So far, the Nolan Batman series along with the recent Superman movie have all seemed a little more deeply rooted without much "haha" moments in them. While on the other hand, the Marvel movies are filled with big name actors and plenty of comedic scenes. I actually like that difference in the two franchises. The Marvel movies could actually be so much better, as great as they are, but they still cater to the whole family experience.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              There's something about these DC vs Marvel movies that seems to distinguish the two franchises imo, and that's the comedy factor. So far, the Nolan Batman series along with the recent Superman movie have all seemed a little more deeply rooted without much "haha" moments in them. While on the other hand, the Marvel movies are filled with big name actors and plenty of comedic scenes. I actually like that difference in the two franchises. The Marvel movies could actually be so much better, as great as they are, but they still cater to the whole family experience.
              Totally agree, and I believe that was a very conscious decision on DC's part. But I mean, its always sort of been that way as well .. DC has always been a little bit darker, grittier, willing to "go there", especially with their Graphic Novels, to which Batman has received multiple. But another problem DC faces, is that if they DID try and go the 'family friendly', bright colours, laugh and fight type movie, then you're left with "Batman and Robin" with George Clooney and Arnie as Mr. Freeze ...

I am personally more pumped for Batman v Superman / Suicide Squad than I have been for any of the Marvel movies.

Comment

I am personally more pumped for Batman v Superman / Suicide Squad than I have been for any of the Marvel movies.
                really? i think if dc is dropping a dud it is going to be suicide squad. didn't like the will smith casting. that is either going to be a deadshot and friends movie or a joker movie. i see either will forcing himself in there or joker stealing the show. i am still going to watch it but i am not expecting a lot from it.

the bat vs sup movie is going to be really really good, i think. i have a bet with my buddy. if it clears 1 billion worldwide then he has to pay for every superhero movie we go to, which is all of them. if not, i pay.

i think right now i am mostly excited for age of apocalypse, which i hope isn't wolverine vs apocalypse.

Comment

• Suicide Squad Trailer!

Yep! Take my money!

Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 13, 2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Merged the two DC Universe threads ... figured it only made sense.

Comment

Merged the two DC Universe threads ... figured it only made sense.
                      Prepare for comic nerd backlash. You can't mix up Ages

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Prepare for comic nerd backlash. You can't mix up Ages
                        Judging by these threads, I'm the biggest nerd here, so its cool. Haha

Comment

• just watched the suicide squad trailer and my two fears of joker and deadshot stand. it will be worth it to watch harley be crazy and hot

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            just watched the suicide squad trailer and my two fears of joker and deadshot stand. it will be worth it to watch harley be crazy and hot
                            Smith won't be a villian IMHO. He'll be the good guy in a bad situation ruining the entire squad

Comment

I gotta say, this Superman-fighting-Armor looks pretty bad ass ...

Comic Con is going on right now, so there should be quite a few drops for this movie..

Apparently one of the leaks coming out is that Affleck might direct, and is currently co-writing a standalone Batman movie with some epic comic writer who's written for a bunch of different things.

Considering Ben co-wrote the Town and Gone Baby Gone I feel ok about that.
                              Kevin smith?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Kevin smith?
                                Jim Davis?

Comment

Working...
                                X