Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Sweet! Which means there should be a bootleg version at Pacific Mall later this afternoon!
    I think these are small viewing parties at people's houses and stuff where it is tightly controlled and the movie explodes at the end.... I'll ask because I know they do these pre-screenings but I've never known much about them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Having dinner tonight with an old university buddy who is a producer in Hollywood. Apparently, he's seen the Batman/Superman movie - I guess they've been showing it around town to some people already - so, I am curious to hear what he has to say.
      Annnd?! Is it awesome?? And because the answer is "yes", what makes it most awesome? Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Annnd?! Is it awesome?? And because the answer is "yes", what makes it most awesome? Haha
        Sadly, I forgot all about it..... I was too focused on making dinner and then I got drunk. Well, in fairness, I got drunk making dinner, so I was pretty much drunk the entire time. The only movie stuff we talked about was how/why Adam Sandler gets to keep making movies, his last project, 80s action films, why all the new HBO shows are bombing, and how most actresses are always way less attractive in real life.

Oddly, my son had a Spider-Man t-shirt on and he did say that lots of industry people are talking about Captain America: Civil War and that it might be the best superhero to date. So, there's that!

Comment

Sadly, I forgot all about it..... I was too focused on making dinner and then I got drunk. Well, in fairness, I got drunk making dinner, so I was pretty much drunk the entire time. The only movie stuff we talked about was how/why Adam Sandler gets to keep making movies, his last project, 80s action films, why all the new HBO shows are bombing, and how most actresses are always way less attractive in real life.

Oddly, my son had a Spider-Man t-shirt on and he did say that lots of industry people are talking about Captain America: Civil War and that it might be the best superhero to date. So, there's that!
          Which shows are you referring to?

Comment

Which shows are you referring to?
            Vinyl, Westworld, Utopia, Videosyncrasy, Lewis and Clark, that cop drama thing.... More that they can't get anything to air anymore.

Comment

Vinyl, Westworld, Utopia, Videosyncrasy, Lewis and Clark, that cop drama thing.... More that they can't get anything to air anymore.
              It's interesting because apparently they're trying to take on Netflix by funding a lot more content. Not sure what the aim is business-model-wise as I haven't been paying attention, but it definitely seems like there's way more shows out there than ever before.

As for the actresses thing, they're less hot in my experience but so damn charming it makes them more attractive. Plus you get lost in the fame buzz. Or maybe I'm just a sucker haha.

Comment

lol, I'm embarrassed to say that I've never heard of any of these.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  It's interesting because apparently they're trying to take on Netflix by funding a lot more content. Not sure what the aim is business-model-wise as I haven't been paying attention, but it definitely seems like there's way more shows out there than ever before.

As for the actresses thing, they're less hot in my experience but so damn charming it makes them more attractive. Plus you get lost in the fame buzz. Or maybe I'm just a sucker haha.
                  The less-attractive actresses thing is an interesting phenomenon. Beautiful women get acting jobs, but lead-actress types (for movies) are very rarely classically "hot" or beautiful. Even Scarlett Johansenn - who is one of the few, and maybe the most successful, "hot" actresses in Hollywood - is more interesting-looking than she is model-looking.

It's the Meryl Streeps, Tilda Swintons, and Kate Blanchetts (who is quite beautiful in her own right), that get great role after great role.

Comment

• Actually, Margot Robbie, who plays Harley Quinn, is only the few model-beautiful actresses getting big roles at the moment.

Comment

• They're projecting a BIG opening for this one on Easter Weekend. I'll probably be seeing it.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Actually, Margot Robbie, who plays Harley Quinn, is only the few model-beautiful actresses getting big roles at the moment.
                        Natalie Portman had a decent run.

Comment

Natalie Portman had a decent run.
                          Even then she was lucky to get a 2nd chance after the Prequels, and hasn't exactly been on-fire after winning the Oscar.

Comment

• JK Simmons signed on as Commissioner Gordon for Justice League? Love it. He's a BRILLIANT actor... wondering why he's not in BvS though? Hopefully they have that covered.

Comment

• Just found these little snippets for each of the characters in Justice League.
                              These 3 are cool because no body really talks about them.

Aquaman:

Cyborg:

Flash:

Its amazing how much more interesting the bit DC Heroes are than Marvel. Lol

Comment

• This movie is going to have some good Blockbuster competition this summer from Cap (and Dr. Strange as well in November):

If there is "Super Hero Fatique" this summer should definitely confirm it... or not.

Spidey sense is tingling!
                                Last edited by Joey; Thu Mar 10, 2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X