Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lamar Odom Crack Problem? Makes sense actually.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lamar Odom purchased $16K of cocaine in February, says alleged drug dealer

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/03/la...-clippers-nba/

Congrats dude. He spent my whole student scholarship + part-time job salary within a month ON DRUGS. Awesome life.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, quite a few judgmental folks in here huh.

I feel honored to be in the presence of such perfection, perfection that can play judge and jury over peoples lives.

Do we feel that because some people don't make a mistake, another who does cannot be forgiven, and further to that, shouldn't be helped or have any type of compassion shown?

What a misfortune to have such a closed minded and viewpoint, there is nothing tough, or strong, or honorable in having a lack of compassion, or for refusing other to have failures in life.

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope this guy can get it sorted, get the hell outta that Circus he married into, and get back to doing what he loves. He's had a rough go and its sad that he made the mistakes he has.

All support to Odom, I wish him well!

5. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently he never checked himself into Rehab... he's back on the run...

Quote TMZ wrote:
    Lamar Odom has NOT checked himself in to rehab ... sources connected to the NBAer tell TMZ.

There are reports out that Lamar checked himself in ... we've been making calls for the last day and just got what we're told is the definitive word ... he's not there.

Lamar has gone off the radar with the Kardashian family for the last few days. Khloe -- who has made it clear she will end the marriage if he doesn't get help -- has heard nothing from him.
    Honestly, I don't get the feeling this guy even wants to help himself.
    And that's the first step in any of this. He has to WANT to change.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Apparently he never checked himself into Rehab... he's back on the run...

Honestly, I don't get the feeling this guy even wants to help himself.
    And that's the first step in any of this. He has to WANT to change.
    Having experienced alcoholism in my life (not myself but in someone within my extended family) one absolutely needs to want to change in order for it to happen. Actually wanting to change isn't often enough, sometimes its forced change that is required (ie. hitting rock bottom).

If one has never experienced or witnessed it in their real life it can easily seem so close to insanity that people think it must actually be stupidity. In fact while you are witnessing it it seems like near insanity. Watching someone lose their job, their money, their girlfriend(s), and distancing themselves from their family while absolutely not being able to comprehend that its their own actions doing it (either blaming someone or something else for events each and every time - even their own 8 year old child!) is just crazy.

Then you watch them stop drinking - get a new job, get a new girl, have money again and watch them repair their relationships and then bam! Cycle starts over in the exact same way it did before

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Having experienced alcoholism in my life (not myself but in someone within my extended family) one absolutely needs to want to change in order for it to happen. Actually wanting to change isn't often enough, sometimes its forced change that is required (ie. hitting rock bottom).

If one has never experienced or witnessed it in their real life it can easily seem so close to insanity that people think it must actually be stupidity. In fact while you are witnessing it it seems like near insanity. Watching someone lose their job, their money, their girlfriend(s), and distancing themselves from their family while absolutely not being able to comprehend that its their own actions doing it (either blaming someone or something else for events each and every time - even their own 8 year old child!) is just crazy.

Then you watch them stop drinking - get a new job, get a new girl, have money again and watch them repair their relationships and then bam! Cycle starts over in the exact same way it did before
    the problem with alcoholism, or any kind of addiction for that matter, is that the substance itself is rarely the problem.. anybody can stop doing something, but they rarely deal with the underlying issue of WHY they drink (or smoke/inject/snort/etc)... and often times, they're so far gone that they consciously don't even remember themselves..

it's my true belief that in order for any kind of change to actually have any lasting effect, a person needs to reach a certain level of catharsis.. you need release, and realize that at some point you decided to chase after something unattainable, whatever that may be, and you haven't accepted that it is in fact unattainable... and all you've been doing is digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself

once you can purge yourself of whatever bullshit you've piled up on your soul, realize whatever the fuck you've been chasing is a load of horse shit... and being where you are, who you are, at this very moment, is a totally fuckin awesome thing.. then you're at a place where you can say "oh ya, I don't need booze(or drugs).. i'm totally good"

or at least that's the reason I haven't stepped foot into a strip club in 2 months

9. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information