Thread: Iverson, VC and T-Mac?

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Iverson, VC and T-Mac?

Hall of Famers?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Iverson, although this dude doesn't have a ring, but... wow, this small man knew how to score the ball.

Also, this dude had his name written in MVP list from the start of his career.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

AI and VC yes. Iverson has way too many individual accolades NOT to get in, also had a huge effect on hip-hop culture in basketball. Vince's multiple all-star game appearances, slam dunk contest win, myriad of highlights, popularity, gold medal and all-nba appearances should secure him a spot as well.

EDIT: On second thought I think Tmac gets in too
    Last edited by Xixak; Mon Aug 26th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I say all 3.

AI is a shoe-in.

VC and TMac have pretty damn strong cases as well.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    AI and VC yes. Iverson has way too many individual accolades NOT to get in, also had a huge effect on hip-hop culture in basketball. Vince's multiple all-star game appearances, slam dunk contest win, myriad of highlights, popularity, gold medal and all-nba appearances should secure him a spot as well.

Tmac's prime was too short so I doubt he gets in.
    T-Mac is MUCH more deserving than VC to make it. Firstly slam dunk contests and highlights have nothing to do with the hall of fame, so that's not good reason. VC is an 8 time Allstar, Tmac is a 7 time all star. They each have 1 regular season award-Vince getting ROY, Tmac getting MIP. So based on that its pretty much a wash. But that's not where TMac stops.
    VC was not once in top 10 voting for MVP, TMac was top 10 6 times and top 5 twice. He's a 2 time scoring champ, to Vince Carter's 0.
    Vince Carter was voted All-NBA 2nd team once, and All-NBA 3rd team once. Now looking at T-Mac, he has been on All-NBA 1st team twice, All-NBA 2nd team twice, and All-NBA 3rd team twice. He's had a much better career overall and is A LOT more deserving.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    T-Mac is MUCH more deserving than VC to make it. Firstly slam dunk contests and highlights have nothing to do with the hall of fame, so that's not good reason. VC is an 8 time Allstar, Tmac is a 7 time all star. They each have 1 regular season award-Vince getting ROY, Tmac getting MIP. So based on that its pretty much a wash. But that's not where TMac stops.
    VC was not once in top 10 voting for MVP, TMac was top 10 6 times and top 5 twice. He's a 2 time scoring champ, to Vince Carter's 0.
    Vince Carter was voted All-NBA 2nd team once, and All-NBA 3rd team once. Now looking at T-Mac, he has been on All-NBA 1st team twice, All-NBA 2nd team twice, and All-NBA 3rd team twice. He's had a much better career overall and is A LOT more deserving.
    EDIT: On second thought I think Tmac gets in too
    I edited that 20 minutes ago.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think AI is the only worthy guy of the bunch and if I had a vote I would only vote for him. But, I think the Hall is a bit too relaxed, so therefore I think all three will make it.

TMac is a 50/50 call but he was an all-star 7 times.. and I believe a scoring leader a couple of times. His knock was that he never got past the first round in the playoffs which is a big deal and that's what makes it 50/50.

Vince had a better career overall than TMac so if TMac gets in, then Vince definitely gets in.

AI should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He may have ruffled too many feathers in his hey day so I doubt he will get in on the first ballot, but the only reason he fails to get in is if they found out he was on PED's or gambled on the game.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All three deserve to get in. Whether VC and T-Mac actually make it is the better question.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All 3 represent a spoiled mentality in basketball, and I would not vote them into my hall of fame.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding TMac: The other 15 retired players with at least 18,000 points, 5,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists are all in the Hall.

11. Like LBF, isaacthompson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Regarding TMac: The other 15 retired players with at least 18,000 points, 5,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists are all in the Hall.
    The problem in my opinion isn't his stats.. it's his lack of playoff success. He has never gotten past the first round. A lot of that falls on his team but how good are you really if you can't elevate your team past the first round ever?

I checked BBR and there are actually 22 players that are in the 18K/5K/4K club. The guys that aren't in the hall yet other than TMac are Pierce, Lebron, Garnett, Vince, Kobe, and Allen.

Each one of those guys have had playoff success.

I think he'll make it but it will be a close call.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

So leading the Spurs to the NBA finals doesn't count as playoff success nowadays?

Iverson is obvious, the other two might have to wait. But I think eventually all of them will be in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    So leading the Spurs to the NBA finals doesn't count as playoff success nowadays?

Iverson is obvious, the other two might have to wait. But I think eventually all of them will be in.
    I don't consider a guy that had 0 total points in 31 total minutes in 6 games as someone that lead a team into the finals. No I don't think it counts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    All 3 represent a spoiled mentality in basketball, and I would not vote them into my hall of fame.
    Can you elaborate on this please? How were they spoiled?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it's the hall of FAME... not the hall of championship caliber skill..

they'll all get in at some point..

popularity contests are funny things..

17. Like LBF, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    I feel silly for having to ask.. but is this a joke? Lol

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Can you elaborate on this please? How were they spoiled?
    Iverson:

And his reaction to being told to come off the bench was despicable.

T-Mac: Selfish attitude on the court. Thought he was the biggest shit. Demanded crazy contracts despite never showing the ability to win, would dominate the ball, and hurt his teams chemistry. His teams played better without him. I would love to see the advanced stats on T-mac because he was the epitome of the selfish star simply stocking stats.
    He complained about the bench later in his career.

VC: As Raptor fans we should all be familiar with VCs spoiled attitude.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Iverson should get in on the first ballot.

T-Mac has a better case than VC, but I say it may take a couple of tries before he gets in. Vince probably makes it in, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was constantly on the bubble without breaking in.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Iverson:

And his reaction to being told to come off the bench was despicable.
    Oh wow. I've never actually seen the end part to the practice rant. That's really quite stupid.. there are a bunch of things in practice that he can do to make his teammates better. Chemistry, work ethic, all that jazz.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

22. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

VC btw is 27th in the all time NBA scoring list. Ahead of Larry Bird. Pretty crazy if you think about it.

AI is there as well. 19th in the all time scoring list.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information