X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iverson, VC and T-Mac?

Hall of Famers?
    Mamba Mentality

Definitely Iverson, although this dude doesn't have a ring, but... wow, this small man knew how to score the ball.

Also, this dude had his name written in MVP list from the start of his career.

Comment

AI and VC yes. Iverson has way too many individual accolades NOT to get in, also had a huge effect on hip-hop culture in basketball. Vince's multiple all-star game appearances, slam dunk contest win, myriad of highlights, popularity, gold medal and all-nba appearances should secure him a spot as well.

EDIT: On second thought I think Tmac gets in too
      Last edited by Xixak; Mon Aug 26, 2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I say all 3.

AI is a shoe-in.

VC and TMac have pretty damn strong cases as well.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
          AI and VC yes. Iverson has way too many individual accolades NOT to get in, also had a huge effect on hip-hop culture in basketball. Vince's multiple all-star game appearances, slam dunk contest win, myriad of highlights, popularity, gold medal and all-nba appearances should secure him a spot as well.

Tmac's prime was too short so I doubt he gets in.
          T-Mac is MUCH more deserving than VC to make it. Firstly slam dunk contests and highlights have nothing to do with the hall of fame, so that's not good reason. VC is an 8 time Allstar, Tmac is a 7 time all star. They each have 1 regular season award-Vince getting ROY, Tmac getting MIP. So based on that its pretty much a wash. But that's not where TMac stops.
          VC was not once in top 10 voting for MVP, TMac was top 10 6 times and top 5 twice. He's a 2 time scoring champ, to Vince Carter's 0.
          Vince Carter was voted All-NBA 2nd team once, and All-NBA 3rd team once. Now looking at T-Mac, he has been on All-NBA 1st team twice, All-NBA 2nd team twice, and All-NBA 3rd team twice. He's had a much better career overall and is A LOT more deserving.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            T-Mac is MUCH more deserving than VC to make it. Firstly slam dunk contests and highlights have nothing to do with the hall of fame, so that's not good reason. VC is an 8 time Allstar, Tmac is a 7 time all star. They each have 1 regular season award-Vince getting ROY, Tmac getting MIP. So based on that its pretty much a wash. But that's not where TMac stops.
            VC was not once in top 10 voting for MVP, TMac was top 10 6 times and top 5 twice. He's a 2 time scoring champ, to Vince Carter's 0.
            Vince Carter was voted All-NBA 2nd team once, and All-NBA 3rd team once. Now looking at T-Mac, he has been on All-NBA 1st team twice, All-NBA 2nd team twice, and All-NBA 3rd team twice. He's had a much better career overall and is A LOT more deserving.
            EDIT: On second thought I think Tmac gets in too
            I edited that 20 minutes ago.

Comment

I think AI is the only worthy guy of the bunch and if I had a vote I would only vote for him. But, I think the Hall is a bit too relaxed, so therefore I think all three will make it.

TMac is a 50/50 call but he was an all-star 7 times.. and I believe a scoring leader a couple of times. His knock was that he never got past the first round in the playoffs which is a big deal and that's what makes it 50/50.

Vince had a better career overall than TMac so if TMac gets in, then Vince definitely gets in.

AI should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He may have ruffled too many feathers in his hey day so I doubt he will get in on the first ballot, but the only reason he fails to get in is if they found out he was on PED's or gambled on the game.

Comment

All three deserve to get in. Whether VC and T-Mac actually make it is the better question.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

All 3 represent a spoiled mentality in basketball, and I would not vote them into my hall of fame.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Regarding TMac: The other 15 retired players with at least 18,000 points, 5,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists are all in the Hall.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Regarding TMac: The other 15 retired players with at least 18,000 points, 5,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists are all in the Hall.
                      The problem in my opinion isn't his stats.. it's his lack of playoff success. He has never gotten past the first round. A lot of that falls on his team but how good are you really if you can't elevate your team past the first round ever?

I checked BBR and there are actually 22 players that are in the 18K/5K/4K club. The guys that aren't in the hall yet other than TMac are Pierce, Lebron, Garnett, Vince, Kobe, and Allen.

Each one of those guys have had playoff success.

I think he'll make it but it will be a close call.

Comment

So leading the Spurs to the NBA finals doesn't count as playoff success nowadays?

Iverson is obvious, the other two might have to wait. But I think eventually all of them will be in.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          So leading the Spurs to the NBA finals doesn't count as playoff success nowadays?

Iverson is obvious, the other two might have to wait. But I think eventually all of them will be in.
                          I don't consider a guy that had 0 total points in 31 total minutes in 6 games as someone that lead a team into the finals. No I don't think it counts.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            All 3 represent a spoiled mentality in basketball, and I would not vote them into my hall of fame.
                            Can you elaborate on this please? How were they spoiled?

Comment

it's the hall of FAME... not the hall of championship caliber skill..

they'll all get in at some point..

popularity contests are funny things..

Comment

Working...
                              X