Iverson, VC and T-Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    So leading the Spurs to the NBA finals doesn't count as playoff success nowadays?
    I feel silly for having to ask.. but is this a joke? Lol

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      Can you elaborate on this please? How were they spoiled?
      Iverson:

And his reaction to being told to come off the bench was despicable.

T-Mac: Selfish attitude on the court. Thought he was the biggest shit. Demanded crazy contracts despite never showing the ability to win, would dominate the ball, and hurt his teams chemistry. His teams played better without him. I would love to see the advanced stats on T-mac because he was the epitome of the selfish star simply stocking stats.
      He complained about the bench later in his career.

VC: As Raptor fans we should all be familiar with VCs spoiled attitude.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Iverson should get in on the first ballot.

T-Mac has a better case than VC, but I say it may take a couple of tries before he gets in. Vince probably makes it in, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was constantly on the bubble without breaking in.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Iverson:

And his reaction to being told to come off the bench was despicable.
          Oh wow. I've never actually seen the end part to the practice rant. That's really quite stupid.. there are a bunch of things in practice that he can do to make his teammates better. Chemistry, work ethic, all that jazz.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

VC btw is 27th in the all time NBA scoring list. Ahead of Larry Bird. Pretty crazy if you think about it.

AI is there as well. 19th in the all time scoring list.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Iverson is a lock. McGrady's numbers would make it almost impossible to keep him out.

I think Carter will have the toughest case to make. I wouldn't vote for him.

Comment

It's a hall of FAME not a hall of talent/skill/success

All three will get in, because they induct WAY to many players.

Of the three, IMO Iverson is the only one who really belongs. He was a force, culturally and on the court. pound for pound, inch for inch, the best scoring in NBA history.

And I didn't like him that much... but all three will get in. Carter is still playing which gives him an opportunity to pad his stats a little more. Not that he'll need them to get in, but it won't hurt.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  It's a hall of FAME not a hall of talent/skill/success

All three will get in, because they induct WAY to many players.

Of the three, IMO Iverson is the only one who really belongs. He was a force, culturally and on the court. pound for pound, inch for inch, the best scoring in NBA history.

And I didn't like him that much... but all three will get in. Carter is still playing which gives him an opportunity to pad his stats a little more. Not that he'll need them to get in, but it won't hurt.
                  Totally agree, they let too many players in the Hall of Fame...should be only reserved for the elite, and as good as VC and TMac were, not good enough to stand beside the legends in my mind. AI, however, I would find it difficult to not let him in.

Comment

There are a lot of really good players who aren't in the hall. Out of those three I think A.I. is the only one who gets in.

Carter and T-Mac weren't dominate long or consistent enough and didn't have enough success in the playoffs. I think it also looks bad that they both quit on teams during their primes.

Iverson's legacy is undeniable. He did everything except beat out one of the greatest dynasties of all-time in the finals. He always left it all on the court, he was fearless and tough as nails. On top of that he has the stats and the MVP.

Comment

Here's what bloggers from NBA.com had to say, at least in regards to AI and TMac.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...ref%3Anbahpt3a

Interestingly, out of the 8 contributers, only Sekou Smith and the two overseas bloggers think McGrady is a lock. I tend to agree with Blinebury's comments. And I think VC is more like TMac than AI, insofar as he never really took advantage of his talent. I think he could have been much much better than he was/is. And that is primarily the reason why I wouldn't have either VC or TMac in my HOF.

Comment

I don't know. I would rank T-Mac ahead of Carter as well due to the scoring titles but I don't think T-Mac deserves in due that alone... And what else does he have beyond that?

Comment

I tend to think that every generation has VC and TMac type players, guys that were great at times but not consistently so throughout their careers. And the fact that both were "coasters", makes me not want to honour their achievements with a HOF nod. Not every generation has an AI tho. A better attitude perhaps would have extended his career and his impact into his later playing years, but he still deserves to be there as far as I'm concerned. Plus, as mentioned, neither Carter or McGrady carried any team deep into the playoffs, and Iverson did it without much help.

Comment

Now when I look at this:

http://stats.nba.com/featured/look_b...s=iref:nbahpts

I tend to agree with slaw...it would be very tough to not vote for McGrady after taking a closer look at his career.

Comment

Mitch Richmond is not in there. Glen Rice is not in there. Glen Robinson is not in there.

Then you can ask yourself would you ever expect to see Jerry Stackhouse or Antawn Jamison in there? Really were their careers that much inferior to Vince Carter's when you take away the flashy dunks?

I get why some people say Carter and T-Mac should be in there, they were fun to watch, but the hall of fame ain't about just that. If you want to honor them, make a fan page but let's keep the hall for the true greats. That's my final take on this.

Comment

T-Mac is a first ballot, no-questions-asked hall of famer. You could argue that he was the greatest player alive for about five years - and I say if you can argue it, then that player's automatically in.

Vince and AI? Sure, why not. Their impact on basketball culture probably makes them overrated with respect to how good they actually were, but I still think they deserve to be in.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X