Syrian war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syrian war

I'm not sure if you guys are really interested by this, but you should this one is escalating quickly. If you don't have common ground with this you should read at least this:

Secret CIA files prove US helped Saddam as he gassed Iran
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...ran?page=0%2C0

US Aircraft carrier has been sent, Russia contributes Syrian gov with Anti Ship missile system
    http://beforeitsnews.com/middle-east...-fbshare-small

Iran's sending troops to support Syrian gov
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06...sque-in-hatla/

This war can become bigger conflict than Iraq and US is screwing up big time on this invasion with all recent events surounding their government, spying on allies, spying on their own people, losing good relationships with China. US is becoming least and least favourite by Western countries and I'm actually anti American concerning this war, so many lies that I'm not sure why I should trust US cause to support the rebels. What do you think?
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

i am following this one. i doubt anything will happen openly unless america goes rogue again. the u.n. can't do anything because russia and china both have veto power and sell weapons to syria and buy oil from them. after the discovery of chemical weapons and how the states have responded to threats by themuslim world recently they can't be seen to back down from their stance of taking the fight to the dictators.

i do think that the states have learnt from the last two wars. they have cause a recession that have lasted 10 years because all public funding is spent in the war effort instead of at home where it can help the american people.

Comment

Its terrifying really.

Comment

Russia - China - Syria - Iran - North Korea

USA - Britain - Turkey - Israel - France

The sides of WWIII are becoming clearer
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Russia - China - Syria - Iran - North Korea

USA - Britain - Turkey - Israel - France

The sides of WWIII are becoming clearer
          If it would happen then I think it would looke exactly like this, not sure if N.Korea would try to get involved as they got nothing to do there, they have no influence over that zone whatsoever, except willingness to demonstrate their so called military power.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            If it would happen then I think it would looke exactly like this, not sure if N.Korea would try to get involved as they got nothing to do there, they have no influence over that zone whatsoever, except willingness to demonstrate their so called military power.
            NK only has allies with Iran, and any war against the USA is one that NK would love to join. They do have nukes.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              NK only has allies with Iran, and any war against the USA is one that NK would love to join. They do have nukes.
              Well I'm a bit sceptical about their nukes, I think it all has been bluffing, well they may have uranium needed to produce them, but they dont have proper rockets yet. Btw China is supporting NK as well.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                i am following this one. i doubt anything will happen openly unless america goes rogue again. the u.n. can't do anything because russia and china both have veto power and sell weapons to syria and buy oil from them. after the discovery of chemical weapons and how the states have responded to threats by themuslim world recently they can't be seen to back down from their stance of taking the fight to the dictators.

i do think that the states have learnt from the last two wars. they have cause a recession that have lasted 10 years because all public funding is spent in the war effort instead of at home where it can help the american people.
                Syria is only in 39th place when it comes to oil production per day, so I don't think that's the main cause, it's more of old fashioned show off of military and political power, Russia battling with US for international recognition as the main powerhouse.

What pisses me off is that when civil wars in Africa are killing thousands of innoncent people every day, children are in arms no one cares it takes few years for military intervention from U.N, when it comes to this arabic crap, where clearly something's fishy and the main official cause for invasion is usually a lie, then U.S is first to stand in queue of military action.

Comment

On the news you get the Where and When but how about the proof on the Who, What, Why and How?

Maybe I am missing something but otherwise, the war drums are beating yet information very limited.

They said on the news that Canada would likely play a support role, however, parliament would have to convene to decide if going is the right thing to do. If they do meet to determine what to do I think they need to have all the facts clear and proven for us all to see. I think that's the right approach. In general, in recent history bad information in the has led to a lot of avoidable casualties.

Comment

Australia publicly declined to support U.N as far as I heard, some European countries as well. Don't want to see Canada involved into this.
                    Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Aug 27, 2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

If there is real evidences that Syrian government used chemical weapon, there has to be punishment from every fucking country. Have you seen pictures women, men, kids can't breath, lying dead on the road... It's killing me just from watching.

Anyone who used chemical weapon are fucking cowards and should be tortured and shred in pieces. Sorry. It makes my blood boil after watching how helpless and innocent people die.

If any country decide defend Syria even after there is some strong evidence they did this.. Then I don't know.. At least our kids will be able to read in history books about those scumbag countries who defended Syria after they used chemical weapon and killed bunch of small kids and other people!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by rocwell; Tue Aug 27, 2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        Australia publicly declined to support U.N as far as I heard, some European countries as well. Don't want to see Canada involved into this.
                        Russia and China are against it as well. There are a lot of countries coming out against the U.S. narrative(or taking action that the U.S. wants) and the U.S. government has not provided any evidence of their claims yet so it will be interesting to see what they release.

The fact that a bunch of countries are opposed should raise eyebrows about the claims. It is no doubt a horrific incident but to go in guns blazing without the presence of verifiable evidence will only lead to more horror. Look at what happened in Gulf War II; the evidence was bogus and a lot of people died because of it.

Comment

American People Opposed To Intervention:

A new Reuters/Ipsos poll has finally found something that Americans like even less than Congress: the possibility of U.S. military intervention in Syria. Only 9 percent of respondents said that the Obama administration should intervene militarily in Syria; a RealClearPolitics poll average finds Congress has a 15 percent approval rating, making the country’s most hated political body almost twice as popular.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was taken Aug.19-23, the very same week that horrific reports emerged strongly suggesting that Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad has used chemical weapons against his own people, potentially killing hundreds or even thousands of civilians. If there were ever a time that Americans would support some sort of action, you’d think this would be it. But this is the lowest support for intervention since the poll began tracking opinion on the issue. The survey also found that 60 percent oppose intervention outright, with the rest, perhaps sagely, saying that they don’t know.
                          Source: Washington Post

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Russia and China are against it as well. There are a lot of countries coming out against the U.S. narrative and the U.S. government has not provided any evidence of their claims yet so it will be interesting to see what they release.

The fact that a bunch of countries are opposed should raise eyebrows about the claims.
                            When country doesn't let UN investigate attack site immediately, then it's very suspicious. That was the time when countries needed to do something. Now, US going to produce evidences about this attack, which obviously half of world population will think it's fake.

Attack on Syria is very dangerous move from now on. If U.S. evidences can't convince contries like China and Russia to stay quite or help them and if U.S., UK actually starts military action on Syria, then we are really on the edge of a potential WWIII

Comment

I don't think its ever wise to form assumptions based on vague media reports. I didn't know they first refused UN investigators but likewise I don't know the given reasons why they did this either.

I agree: this is a very scary situation. I hope Canada stays out of this based on what I currently know.

Comment

Working...
                              X