Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt in the wounds from JVG

Piece by Dave Feschuk, Toronto Star on McGrady's retirement:

“It does go by fast,” Van Gundy said, speaking of McGrady’s coming and going from the basketball’s biggest stage. “You look back on it, McGrady leaves, and it’s like, ‘Did Vince Carter really get traded for Alonzo Mourning with a bad kidney?’ You’re sitting there saying, really? You look at Toronto and it’s a great, great basketball town. ... They could have had some championship teams up there if they’d stayed together.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...r_feschuk.html

The pain.

Make it stop.

Nothing new from JVG but still..... the pain.

Matt52 wrote: View Post

The pain.

Make it stop.

Right below your post is a banner for KFC's 9 pieces for $10. I never eat KFC, but right now I'm thinking about how many of those buckets it would take to kill me so I never have to think about this ever again.
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

Kind of an interesting topic that Feschuk raises. We were kind of screwed by the times.

15 years ago, stars wanted to play by themselves. Fast forward to 2010, and super-teams are all the rage.

Comment

Mundy wrote: View Post
        Right below your post is a banner for KFC's 9 pieces for $10. I never eat KFC, but right now I'm thinking about how many of those buckets it would take to kill me so I never have to think about this ever again.
        You don't like KFC? Now that sir, is straight loco.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

The pain.

Make it stop.

NBA Finals appearance? maybe? Championship? no. There was a team in LA back in the early 2000's that was pretty good. Just ask Shaq and Kobe.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

And that team got disbanded after they lost to the pistons in 2004, Vince left in 2004 T-Mac in 2003. I'm not saying they would have won but lakers wouldn't have been the reason.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              You don't like KFC? Now that sir, is straight loco.
              haha......used to love it......had a turrible experience one time. Just turrible. Never got over it.
              "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                And that team got disbanded after they lost to the pistons in 2004, Vince left in 2004 T-Mac in 2003. I'm not saying they would have won but lakers wouldn't have been the reason.
                T-Mac's last season in TO was 2000. His last season in Orlando was 2004.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  T-Mac's last season in TO was 2000. His last season in Orlando was 2004.
                  my bad confused the two.

Comment

Comment

@Matt52 - I hate talking about this. I don't know why you have to bring it up. I was having a good day and now it's gone to sh*t.

Not only the winning potential of that team, but go YouTube some Carter and T-Mac highlights from their Raptors days. Those guys were much, much, much, much more fun to watch than what we've got here now (no disrespect intended, but Rudy Gay and DD are not T-Mac and VC).
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        @Matt52 - I hate talking about this. I don't know why you have to bring it up. I was having a good day and now it's gone to sh*t.

Not only the winning potential of that team, but go YouTube some Carter and T-Mac highlights from their Raptors days. Those guys were much, much, much, much more fun to watch than what we've got here now (no disrespect intended, but Rudy Gay and DD are not T-Mac and VC).
                        Sorry dude.

If it makes you feel better my day was sh!t before this.

Comment

Ugh, the dog days of August, when the Feschuk's of the world have nothing current to bitch about, so they leap on something like McGrady's retirement to whine about ancient history. Where's Dr Phil when you need him, with one of his "get over it" lines? To Feschuk I say "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes"~ Frank Zappa.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            NBA Finals appearance? maybe? Championship? no. There was a team in LA back in the early 2000's that was pretty good. Just ask Shaq and Kobe.
                            The same one that lost to a Detroit team with no superstar? Hmmm.

Comment

Finals appearance perhaps but I dont see them taking a ring from the 2000s Lakers and Spurs.... no way! but then again Vince and TMac together together over some seasons would have been impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X