Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: "DeMar DeRozan - Greatness": A Fan made video tribute.

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i tweeted it to him
    i dont know how to embed the tweet sooo...

    Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Aug 30th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Rookie TdotRaptorsTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    i tweeted it to him
    i dont know how to embed the tweet sooo...

    Thanks man

  3. #43
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TdotRaptorsTV wrote: View Post
    Thanks man
    Lol Mamba's a Lady! We've all made that mistake once ... you only get once though ... before Mamba comes after you.
    In Masai we Trust.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    i tweeted it to him
    i dont know how to embed the tweet sooo...

    #TeamFollowback?

    Lol I kid.

  5. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
  6. #45
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Lol Mamba's a Lady! We've all made that mistake once ... you only get once though ... before Mamba comes after you.
    first time I've been called a lady..
    its all smiles from here
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    #TeamFollowback?

    Lol I kid.
    loooooooool
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

  8. #47
    Raptors Republic Rookie TdotRaptorsTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    O my bad lol

  9. #48
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This was doooooppe.. this track should be used by whoever makes the preview video ..good job dude.

  10. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
  11. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We live in a throw away instant gratification era. Young people have huge entitlement issues.

    You want "greatness" and to pay tribute.....and to what?

    An average to slightly average player that has played on a losing team the majority of his career????

    I do not feel as if there is any reason to pay tribute to DD

    Not even a little...and I like the guy!

  12. Like drunkmunky liked this post
  13. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    We live in a throw away instant gratification era. Young people have huge entitlement issues.

    You want "greatness" and to pay tribute.....and to what?

    An average to slightly average player that has played on a losing team the majority of his career????

    I do not feel as if there is any reason to pay tribute to DD

    Not even a little...and I like the guy!
    I have no idea what instant gratification and entitlement issues has anything to do with this (need some help with that?), but "I do not feel as if there's any reason" to criticism someone that is expressing their view in such a manner. However strongly you feel your opinions are the right ones, I'm personally glad that others have different ones and are allowed to express them without considering the need to satisfy yours.

  14. Like lilmamba_, Joey liked this post
  15. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    I have no idea what instant gratification and entitlement issues has anything to do with this (need some help with that?), but "I do not feel as if there's any reason" to criticism someone that is expressing their view in such a manner. However strongly you feel your opinions are the right ones, I'm personally glad that others have different ones and are allowed to express them without considering the need to satisfy yours.
    Meh, I didnt read the whole thread, I didnt know that was just the name of the tune playing. My Bad.

    As for entitlement issues...well that a much bigger topic. Its very apparent that todays youth are being shaped into little spoiled Kiddults that seem to believe you can just "have" things. So when you take a moment to reflect upon how this can often be manifested in their sports behavior, it can become pretty clear. A prime example would be "paying tribute" to DD's "greatness". In this particular case I will concede that the guy that made the video (a good one at that, cheers) wasn't doing this, but, it does happen quite a bit. It can even be seen in some athletes, Nazem KAdri comes to mind "I have paid my dues, I have more than seen my share of hardships". Ray Bourke saw his share of hardships....play 20 years, not 20 games before you say that....in comparison, lets set higher goals, as in the past for what we deem "greatness". Demar Derozan isn't great. He's a good player, but he has done shit in his career... no tribute need be given.

    But kids want all this shit nowadays, they want their "own" great player, they want their own MJ, or, MAgic vs. Birds. Sadly what they get is "The Decisio".

  16. #52
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Its a good video. The guy has good video editing skills.
    Why do so many people need to be dicks about it just because they don't like Derozan? Honestly, who fucking cares? lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

  17. Like Fully, Joey liked this post
  18. #53
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Meh, I didnt read the whole thread, I didnt know that was just the name of the tune playing. My Bad.
    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    In this particular case I will concede that the guy that made the video (a good one at that, cheers) wasn't doing this, but, it does happen quite a bit.
    Not to dwell on this Craig, but that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a man admits he was wrong.
    Doesn't happen around here enough. *slow clap* Haha


    Though I completely agree with your other points, I would add however, that if a fan wants to pay tribute to their favourite player, who are you to say that they shouldn't? Just because there are 'better' players out there, Demar doesn't deserve fan appreciation?
    In Masai we Trust.

  19. #54
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Someone can make a Solomon Alibi tribute video if they feel so inclined. It's really none of my business how they decide to fill their time and it's not like I'm being forced to watch it if I don't want to.

  20. Like Joey liked this post
  21. #55
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not to dwell on this Craig, but that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a man admits he was wrong.
    Doesn't happen around here enough. *slow clap* Haha


    Though I completely agree with your other points, I would add however, that if a fan wants to pay tribute to their favourite player, who are you to say that they shouldn't? Just because there are 'better' players out there, Demar doesn't deserve fan appreciation?
    A few things;

    1) Thanks, I don't mind being wrong...happens.

    2) Usually a tribute has a time factor, and is attached to a celebration of an entire body of work. I personally wouldn't pay tribute to a young sports star, rather I'd save it for a retired Vet.

    3) It was never a dislike for DD, I like him, a lot actually, nor was it a cry out against a tribute (as short sighted and pre-mature as it may be) to DD, it was the concept of a TRIBUTE O HIS GREATNESS that irked me a bit. He isn't great, he hasnt had time to be great, give the poor guy another decade, then lets re-visit "Great".

  22. #56
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    A few things;

    1) Thanks, I don't mind being wrong...happens.

    2) Usually a tribute has a time factor, and is attached to a celebration of an entire body of work. I personally wouldn't pay tribute to a young sports star, rather I'd save it for a retired Vet.

    3) It was never a dislike for DD, I like him, a lot actually, nor was it a cry out against a tribute (as short sighted and pre-mature as it may be) to DD, it was the concept of a TRIBUTE O HIS GREATNESS that irked me a bit. He isn't great, he hasnt had time to be great, give the poor guy another decade, then lets re-visit "Great".
    I've been on the 'trade DeRozan' bandwagon for quite some time, but I still thought the video montage was excellently done and was a fantastic way to highlight many of DeRozan's best plays. I've been silent in this thread thus far, but think kudos on the video are well deserved. The video was created to be a highlight reel for a particular player, which it was; nothing more, nothing less. I can't believe this thread is up to 60 comments of anything more than "good job" and "cool vid" type comments.

    Hell, I actually found myself getting pumped for DeRozan, wishing he would be that aggressive on a more consistent basis, because he's exactly the kind of player/guy I'd love to root for! haha It was also a reminder that any player could be made to look like a HOF'er in a 3 minute montage! lol
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Sep 3rd, 2013 at 03:46 PM.

  23. #57
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey Bud, its a forum. We got passed the "great vid" part long ago, thats a given.

    Were just having a civil conversation about something a bit different now is all

  24. #58
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TdotRaptorsTV wrote: View Post
    O my bad lol
    thats alright
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •