Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Devlin gets around

Post Thanks / Like

Default Devlin gets around

It's weird watching Matt Devlin calling the Michigan football game on the big ten network. He's using his common tags like: "when you think about this Michigan football team...gone are the days of Denard Robinson".

Haha, weird.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha I can see why people like him and I always like when he's on tnt. He's got color in his voice and enjoys getting off topic while sticking to the game (usually) when required. He's grown on me and I'd love him and Jack next year minus leo and rod. Oh and then theres punjabi.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Devlin's a great play by play guy. Raptors are lucky to have him.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

4. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Devlin's a shmuck, but he's good at what he does.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

6. Like mountio, Mediumcore liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Sheptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jays game, Raptors, TNT Playoffs, Michigan...anything else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    He's also done the CFL.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Las Vegas Summer League..basically he'd go wherever he is wanted basically, like WNBA or NASCAR even.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Las Vegas Summer League..basically he'd go wherever he is wanted basically, like WNBA or NASCAR even.
    Looking at his Bio on Raptors.com, he's done the WNBA Draft on 3 separate occasions ...
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I got over T Mac leaving, Vince and even Bosh, but Raptors games haven't been the same for me since Swirsky left.

12. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chuck motherfuckin Swirsky. He was the man. It was sad when he left. He got out at a good time though lol he wouldn't have had much opportunity to say things like "Bring out the salami and cheese mama, this ball game is over!" or "It's raining Trey's here in Toronto!" in the last couple years lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta think Devlin is happy to be able to just sit back and call these other sports games and not have to worry about who wins or who loses or having to call it a certain way..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Plus he doesn't annoy me as much as Bob Costas. Can't express how much I'd like to see him (Costas) flogged.
    Last edited by Mediumcore; Sun Sep 1st, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Perfect description. Drives me crazy .. but have to give him some props .. especially when I hear him do non-raps stuff. But, in no way, shape or form is he not a shmuck ..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Matty D has improved as a play by play through the years. Coz I used to only watching nationally televised games where guys like marv albert, mike tirico, al michaels, kevin harlan doing play by plays. Yes he had a lot of terrible lines and errors (Lousy Nicknames like Killer B's, AP, JV,; overtime no raptors win vs nets after devin harris misses gamewinner; calling jonas valanciunas jan vesely; etc.)

But he also had some funny lines like punjabi as peja drills it, the singing bon jovi w/ jack armstrong (i know some of you guys find it annoying), shot doesn't go, he drills it, him becoming a homer announcer w/ lines like derozan drives inside contact no call lol, and of course him making fun of wale.

He's actually a pretty decent blue jays commentator too, a good break from buck's nasal voice. I also like how he pronounces Mark Derosa Mark Deroza, like Demar Derozan.

18. Like LBF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Matty D has improved as a play by play through the years. Coz I used to only watching nationally televised games where guys like marv albert, mike tirico, al michaels, kevin harlan doing play by plays. Yes he had a lot of terrible lines and errors (Lousy Nicknames like Killer B's, AP, JV,; overtime no raptors win vs nets after devin harris misses gamewinner; calling jonas valanciunas jan vesely; etc.)

But he also had some funny lines like punjabi as peja drills it, the singing bon jovi w/ jack armstrong (i know some of you guys find it annoying), shot doesn't go, he drills it, him becoming a homer announcer w/ lines like derozan drives inside contact no call lol, and of course him making fun of wale.

He's actually a pretty decent blue jays commentator too, a good break from buck's nasal voice. I also like how he pronounces Mark Derosa Mark Deroza, like Demar Derozan.
    hahahaha. the Silver fox that is Buck MArtinez

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Chuck motherfuckin Swirsky. He was the man. It was sad when he left. He got out at a good time though lol he wouldn't have had much opportunity to say things like "Bring out the salami and cheese mama, this ball game is over!" or "It's raining Trey's here in Toronto!" in the last couple years lol
    I can never forgive Swirsk for bring out the salami and cheese in the 3rd quarter of a game against the Lakers then seeing Kobe drop 81 points.

21. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I can never forgive Swirsk for bring out the salami and cheese in the 3rd quarter of a game against the Lakers then seeing Kobe drop 81 points.
    Yeah thats pretty bad but come on, no one was expecting Kobe to drop 60 in the second half lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sheptor wrote: View Post
    I`ve heard him during NFL and CFL games also. Playoffs and regular season. He`s pretty versatile, I must say.

Raptors Republic Rookie Delonte_West's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i didnt like devlin until the wale argument...shit was too funny

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Delonte_West wrote: View Post
    i didnt like devlin until the wale argument...shit was too funny
    That was quite possibly the silliest "beef" ever caught on camera.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information