Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Unlikely To Fill Last Roster Spot

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Awesome, watching 10-day signings are my high point once the season goes to shit.
    Hey 2 of those 10 days turned into Raptors Alumni have some respect, for Alan Anderson and Ben Uzoh

Post Thanks / Like

Take a flyer on Beasley? The Suns just released him. What's the cap space for signing a 15th player at this point?

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it would be what we could call a ''high risk, low reward'' move... Although Beasley is still really young and a really good player. On paper, surely works. Court/locker room? Dunno.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Beasley "a really good player"? Not last year.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Michael Beasley "a really good player"? Not last year.
    The talent is definitely there. He just doesn't know how to use it.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

He's finished in the NBA, a less than average player that keeps running afoul of the law.

Post Thanks / Like

He's finished in the NBA, a less than average player that keeps running afoul of the law.
    You really think he's done in the NBA, at 24 years of age? I clearly don't think so.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not less than average. He's just an idiot that's all, he has the talent to be a perennial all star but he doesn't have a brain soo that's kind of out the window now.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

why not throw one of the 'old' dogs on the Canadian National team and sign them to the 15th spot... Levon Kendall or Leo R?

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously guys, Michael Beasley, this would give us a pretty good rotation!

Valanciunas/Gray
    Johnson/Hansbrough/Acy
    Gay/Novak/Beasley/Novak
    DeRozan/Ross/Fields
    Lowry/Augustin/Buycks

A lot of the forwards can play both spots

Post Thanks / Like

No. Guys like Beasley and Odom don't deserve to be in the league. Simple is that.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

ok!

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    No. Guys like Beasley and Odom don't deserve to be in the league. Simple is that.
    So easy to judge, if only life was simple as that.

"The happiest Laker is one whose father was addicted to heroin; whose mother died of colon cancer when he was 12; who attended three high schools; had his first college scholarship revoked before the fall of his freshman year; became a subject of three college investigations; declared for the NBA draft; tried unsuccessfully to pull out of the draft; was picked by arguably the worst franchise in sports; violated the league's antidrug policy twice within eight months; and, after finally getting his life together, went home to New York City for an aunt's funeral and wound up burying his 6 1/2-month-old son, Jayden, then getting robbed at gunpoint."

And in the summer of 2011, Odom experienced more tragedy when, while home in New York City for a cousin's funeral, the driver of the car service Odom was a passenger in struck a motorcyclist, who in turn ended up colliding with and killing a 15-year-old boy.

Later that year, Odom was traded from the Lakers to the Dallas Mavericks at the end of the NBA lockout, a move he was very unhappy about. And in Dallas, and last season with the Clippers, he was a shell of the player who had won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year as a Laker in 2010-11.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    So easy to judge, if only life was simple as that.
    But it is that simple. Believe me when I say I'm terribly sorry all those things happened to him, but that's never EVER an excuse to use and abuse drugs.

Post Thanks / Like

But it is that simple. Believe me when I say I'm terribly sorry all those things happened to him, but that's never EVER an excuse to use and abuse drugs.
    Easy to say

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I applaud your values, and sincerely wish you keep them and pass them on to your children. But when it comes to the subject of drug abuse, you seem very ignorant on the topic. It is never that simple.There are extensive medical studies, and textbooks to prove that. Trust me I've had to read them. When you get to abuse its no longer a choice, its a disease, with both a mental and a physical component. And Beasly and Odom are 2 very different cases that should not be linked together.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beasley getting his hands on Toronto's best prospect, JV would be disasterous. Please keep him out of our locker.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It might not be an excuse (I mean after all drug abuse is still morally wrong and also illegal), but it definitely is a strong reason for it to happen. That was the only way Odom could think of to cope with the situation.

I'm just as against drugs as you are, but not every person is born into the same lifestyle with the same family values, moral guidance, etc. It's easy to say, "Oh well he knows drugs are bad, so he shouldn't have done them regardless of what was happening in his life" but you don't know where the guy is coming from so it's a totally unfair assessment.

19. Like Dino4life, isaacthompson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on performance, Beasley is not a good SF by NBA standards.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep the last roster spot open. That way we reduce the possibility of an unknown journeyman (e.g. Anderson), who has no business in this team's long term plans, getting minutes over our lottery picks.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

22. Like Dino4life liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information