Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raptors Unlikely To Fill Last Roster Spot

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Keep the last roster spot open. That way we reduce the possibility of an unknown journeyman (e.g. Anderson), who has no business in this team's long term plans, getting minutes over our lottery picks.
    Our screwing us out of a lottery pick
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Beasley as a 3. His way better at the four. Like he did played at K-State. The only problem I have with adding B-Easy is does he help this team? When you get B-Easy you get another scoring option. Does this team need another scoring option? With all the hate on this teams offense we were still in the middle of the pack. I like how he could spread the court for JV at the 4. I wouldn't say his a 3 pointer shooter but more that capable of hitting a open shot from every. B-Easy is actually a good shooter. He just has terrible shot selection. This does seem like Ujiri type of move though. Sign him to one of his famous 2 year one year guaranteed contract. I can't see this happening just cause It doesn't seem like Casey would approve this move.

Scouting report
    + Left-handed goofball combo forward with quick first step. Good shooter for size.
    + Poor decision-maker. Goes left nearly every time and never passes.
    + Subpar defensive player. A tweener and doesn't always play hard. Better as a 4.

Analysis
    He still took terrible shots, but at least Minnesota's offense was no longer designed for him to take terrible shots. Beasley's usage rate fell considerably, and I think we can all agree that's a good thing. The disappointing part was that Beasley couldn't improve his percentages any, and seems plagued by a lovefest with contested 18-footers.

Beasley is actually a good shooter. Despite the degree of difficulty on many of his shots, he made 40.4 percent of his long 2s and 37.6 percent of his 3s. The problem is that he has made the game incredibly difficult for himself. He never passes -- he was dead last among small forwards in pure point rating -- and he virtually never gets to the rim, either.

That's inexcusable; Beasley has a great first step to his left that should propel him to lots of fouls and layups, but less than a quarter of his shots came in the basket area. He made 62.4 percent of them, but he just didn't take enough, and that killed his percentages.

Defensively, Beasley rebounded well for a small forward and showed some progress toward becoming a halfway decent player. He was torched by some of the better small forwards, and I still think he's better off as a 4, but his defensive metrics were pretty solid (for a change) and he seemed more focused than in previous seasons.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

well werent the raptors inviting from afrobasket MVP to camp? I hear he's supposed to be legit. anyone know anything about the guy?
    Protocall
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
    http://www.ptc204.com

Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Wasn't a whole lot of defence happening there man.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Protocall wrote: View Post
    well werent the raptors inviting from afrobasket MVP to camp? I hear he's supposed to be legit. anyone know anything about the guy?
    Where did you hear he was legit?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the Raptors' luxury tax situation? Do they even have any room to sign someone without wasting a year of lux tax for a 15th man?

Post Thanks / Like

Raps at $70.04m

Luxury tax $71.75m
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have Quincy Acy Laundry Folds and Austin Daye why on Earth is Wright even being brought up as a potential signing?? I f the spot goes to anyone (imo it shouldnt) Its Julyan Stone's to lose cause Ujiri has been on him from the word go.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt the spot is actually available. For Wright he's a summer league guy who the team knows and is a good extra hand for camp. Stone is probably being given a look because his tryout with Miami didn't go well and Morais is getting some important experience and an nba camp pay check.

Wright is duplication, as is Stone at PG, as is Morais at the 2. Both acy and Daye are on contracts that could be bought out (in theory) so maybe space could be made for Wright, but I don't see it.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I also said in another thread, apart from luxury tax considerations, the extra spot may also make it more difficult to pull and early season big trade. It's unlikely you move Gay and his huge contract, or even DeMar probably, without taking back more than one piece. Having that 15th spot filled just makes that trickier because it means convincing someone to accept an end of bencher in the same or another trade, or just waiving them for nothing. It just doesn't make much sense. I think one of the 3 invites would have to play ridiculously well to grab that spot. Like well enough to suggest they may be able to step into the top 9-10 of the rotation...and I highly doubt that.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think my homie Quincy Acy will be here much longer.... He is buried in the team likely never get play time unless Amir or Tyle get hurt and even then wouldnt we rather play Austin Daye? I like Acy being on the team and think hes got a lot of talent just dont see Toronto being a good place for him much longer...

Post Thanks / Like

do you guys know how training camp works?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't wanna start a new thread, but does anyone know when Raptors media day is scheduled for?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

16. Like Chr1s1anL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The "official" training camp is in Halifax again:
    http://www.halifaxmetrocentre.com/en...iningcamp.aspx
    Then Boston
    http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=432251

Strange these dates don't all match. Well camp starts in a week and a bit. Which is odd because the videos on the Raptors Youtube page looks like camp already started.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice three pointer from Buycks while sitting on his butt.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a foam roller. He's massaging his back and gluts.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Didn't wanna start a new thread, but does anyone know when Raptors media day is scheduled for?

21. Like Nilanka liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information