Raptors Unlikely To Fill Last Roster Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Wasn't a whole lot of defence happening there man.

Comment

Protocall wrote: View Post
      well werent the raptors inviting from afrobasket MVP to camp? I hear he's supposed to be legit. anyone know anything about the guy?
      Where did you hear he was legit?
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

What's the Raptors' luxury tax situation? Do they even have any room to sign someone without wasting a year of lux tax for a 15th man?

Comment

Raps at $70.04m

Luxury tax $71.75m

Comment

We have Quincy Acy Laundry Folds and Austin Daye why on Earth is Wright even being brought up as a potential signing?? I f the spot goes to anyone (imo it shouldnt) Its Julyan Stone's to lose cause Ujiri has been on him from the word go.

Comment

I doubt the spot is actually available. For Wright he's a summer league guy who the team knows and is a good extra hand for camp. Stone is probably being given a look because his tryout with Miami didn't go well and Morais is getting some important experience and an nba camp pay check.

Wright is duplication, as is Stone at PG, as is Morais at the 2. Both acy and Daye are on contracts that could be bought out (in theory) so maybe space could be made for Wright, but I don't see it.

Comment

I also said in another thread, apart from luxury tax considerations, the extra spot may also make it more difficult to pull and early season big trade. It's unlikely you move Gay and his huge contract, or even DeMar probably, without taking back more than one piece. Having that 15th spot filled just makes that trickier because it means convincing someone to accept an end of bencher in the same or another trade, or just waiving them for nothing. It just doesn't make much sense. I think one of the 3 invites would have to play ridiculously well to grab that spot. Like well enough to suggest they may be able to step into the top 9-10 of the rotation...and I highly doubt that.

Comment

I dont think my homie Quincy Acy will be here much longer.... He is buried in the team likely never get play time unless Amir or Tyle get hurt and even then wouldnt we rather play Austin Daye? I like Acy being on the team and think hes got a lot of talent just dont see Toronto being a good place for him much longer...

Comment

do you guys know how training camp works?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Didn't wanna start a new thread, but does anyone know when Raptors media day is scheduled for?

Comment

The "official" training camp is in Halifax again:
                        http://www.halifaxmetrocentre.com/en...iningcamp.aspx
                        Then Boston
                        http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=432251

Strange these dates don't all match. Well camp starts in a week and a bit. Which is odd because the videos on the Raptors Youtube page looks like camp already started.

Comment

Nice three pointer from Buycks while sitting on his butt.

Comment

That's a foam roller. He's massaging his back and gluts.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Didn't wanna start a new thread, but does anyone know when Raptors media day is scheduled for?

Comment

Working...
                              X