Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Unlikely To Fill Last Roster Spot

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...st-Roster-Spot

''The Toronto Raptors’ roster stands at 14 after the team waived Quentin Richardson.

Richardson was acquired by the Raptors in the sign-and-trade that sent Andrea Bargnani to the Knicks.

The Raptors are unlikely to invite free agents to training camp to compete for the team’s 15th and final roster spot.''

Am I the only one who would have preferred the Raptors to sign another center?

Masai wants to keep trade flexibility open, looks like. Trading Rudy or DeMar would almost certainly require two players for one just to make salaries work.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      Masai wants to keep trade flexibility open, looks like. Trading Rudy or DeMar would almost certainly require two players for one just to make salaries work.
      I have a feeling neither are traded at all this season, if anything, off-season.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
        I have a feeling neither are traded at all this season, if anything, off-season.
        I know it's probably for trade flexibility, but like ReubenJRD just said, I don't think there will be huge trades this upcoming season. I'd rather have a 3rd big.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Am I the only one who would have preferred the Raptors to sign another center?
          Valanciunas will get lots of minutes this season, Gray is a capable backup against traditional C's, and Johnson/Hansborough and possibly even Novak/Acy could see time at C in small-ball lineups. I don't think bringing in another C is necessary, although it does surprise me a little, given Ujiri's preference to stack positions three players deep, often with a young prospect as the third stringer.

Comment

i was thinking that he plans to fill the last position with a bunch of no bodies @ training camp for league minimum...
            bugger.

Comment

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/centers.htm

Comment

If I was Masai I'd do a workout for the players 1 to 9. Then sign the best one.

Comment

yes,please.absolutely workout guys to ride the pine.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    The Raptors are unlikely to invite free agents to training camp to compete for the team’s 15th and final roster spot.''
                    I would like to see Jonny Flynn get an invite. The point guard situation looks precarious right now and he has a lot of upside.

Comment

Masai's got something up his sleeve for the upcoming season. I'm excited to see what he does.
                      A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

I agree, for sure Masai has something up his sleeves. His arms.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                          I would like to see Jonny Flynn get an invite. The point guard situation looks precarious right now and he has a lot of upside.
                          Signing Flynn - who hasn't looked like an NBAer since his rookie year - to be the fourth string point guard would be unnecessary.

Comment

Just grab a 3rd big for training camp then get rid of him you don't need to sign someone if you don't need them >< what a waist of money.

Comment

if you go to training camp with a big group of guys fighting for that one position, the effort that those guys will put in, will put a flame beneath any ass that's a slacker on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X