No announcement yet.

Raptors Unlikely To Fill Last Roster Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Guys like Beasley and Odom don't deserve to be in the league. Simple is that.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

ok!

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        No. Guys like Beasley and Odom don't deserve to be in the league. Simple is that.
        So easy to judge, if only life was simple as that.

"The happiest Laker is one whose father was addicted to heroin; whose mother died of colon cancer when he was 12; who attended three high schools; had his first college scholarship revoked before the fall of his freshman year; became a subject of three college investigations; declared for the NBA draft; tried unsuccessfully to pull out of the draft; was picked by arguably the worst franchise in sports; violated the league's antidrug policy twice within eight months; and, after finally getting his life together, went home to New York City for an aunt's funeral and wound up burying his 6 1/2-month-old son, Jayden, then getting robbed at gunpoint."

And in the summer of 2011, Odom experienced more tragedy when, while home in New York City for a cousin's funeral, the driver of the car service Odom was a passenger in struck a motorcyclist, who in turn ended up colliding with and killing a 15-year-old boy.

Later that year, Odom was traded from the Lakers to the Dallas Mavericks at the end of the NBA lockout, a move he was very unhappy about. And in Dallas, and last season with the Clippers, he was a shell of the player who had won the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year as a Laker in 2010-11.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
          So easy to judge, if only life was simple as that.
          But it is that simple. Believe me when I say I'm terribly sorry all those things happened to him, but that's never EVER an excuse to use and abuse drugs.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

But it is that simple. Believe me when I say I'm terribly sorry all those things happened to him, but that's never EVER an excuse to use and abuse drugs.
            Easy to say

Comment

I applaud your values, and sincerely wish you keep them and pass them on to your children. But when it comes to the subject of drug abuse, you seem very ignorant on the topic. It is never that simple.There are extensive medical studies, and textbooks to prove that. Trust me I've had to read them. When you get to abuse its no longer a choice, its a disease, with both a mental and a physical component. And Beasly and Odom are 2 very different cases that should not be linked together.

Comment

Beasley getting his hands on Toronto's best prospect, JV would be disasterous. Please keep him out of our locker.

Comment

It might not be an excuse (I mean after all drug abuse is still morally wrong and also illegal), but it definitely is a strong reason for it to happen. That was the only way Odom could think of to cope with the situation.

I'm just as against drugs as you are, but not every person is born into the same lifestyle with the same family values, moral guidance, etc. It's easy to say, "Oh well he knows drugs are bad, so he shouldn't have done them regardless of what was happening in his life" but you don't know where the guy is coming from so it's a totally unfair assessment.

Comment

Based on performance, Beasley is not a good SF by NBA standards.

Comment

Keep the last roster spot open. That way we reduce the possibility of an unknown journeyman (e.g. Anderson), who has no business in this team's long term plans, getting minutes over our lottery picks.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Keep the last roster spot open. That way we reduce the possibility of an unknown journeyman (e.g. Anderson), who has no business in this team's long term plans, getting minutes over our lottery picks.
                        Our screwing us out of a lottery pick
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

I don't see Beasley as a 3. His way better at the four. Like he did played at K-State. The only problem I have with adding B-Easy is does he help this team? When you get B-Easy you get another scoring option. Does this team need another scoring option? With all the hate on this teams offense we were still in the middle of the pack. I like how he could spread the court for JV at the 4. I wouldn't say his a 3 pointer shooter but more that capable of hitting a open shot from every. B-Easy is actually a good shooter. He just has terrible shot selection. This does seem like Ujiri type of move though. Sign him to one of his famous 2 year one year guaranteed contract. I can't see this happening just cause It doesn't seem like Casey would approve this move.

Scouting report
                          + Left-handed goofball combo forward with quick first step. Good shooter for size.
                          + Poor decision-maker. Goes left nearly every time and never passes.
                          + Subpar defensive player. A tweener and doesn't always play hard. Better as a 4.

Analysis
                          He still took terrible shots, but at least Minnesota's offense was no longer designed for him to take terrible shots. Beasley's usage rate fell considerably, and I think we can all agree that's a good thing. The disappointing part was that Beasley couldn't improve his percentages any, and seems plagued by a lovefest with contested 18-footers.

Beasley is actually a good shooter. Despite the degree of difficulty on many of his shots, he made 40.4 percent of his long 2s and 37.6 percent of his 3s. The problem is that he has made the game incredibly difficult for himself. He never passes -- he was dead last among small forwards in pure point rating -- and he virtually never gets to the rim, either.

That's inexcusable; Beasley has a great first step to his left that should propel him to lots of fouls and layups, but less than a quarter of his shots came in the basket area. He made 62.4 percent of them, but he just didn't take enough, and that killed his percentages.

Defensively, Beasley rebounded well for a small forward and showed some progress toward becoming a halfway decent player. He was torched by some of the better small forwards, and I still think he's better off as a 4, but his defensive metrics were pretty solid (for a change) and he seemed more focused than in previous seasons.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Comment

well werent the raptors inviting from afrobasket MVP to camp? I hear he's supposed to be legit. anyone know anything about the guy?
                              Protocall
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
                              http://www.ptc204.com

Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X