X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-mil-det-orl

Here's an idea http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q7ud8x4

To Toronto: Ersan Ilyasova, Greg Monroe

To Milwaukee: Charlie Villanueva, Rodney Stuckey, Doron Lamb, New York 2016 1st Rounder via Toronto

To Detroit: Rudy Gay, Aaron Afflalo

To Orlando: Caron Butler, Detroit 2016 1st Rounder, Oklahoma City 2014 2nd Rounder via Toronto

tank and spend...

I like it, but I don't see why Detroit would give up Monroe and Ilyasova. Rudy Gay is more of a liability than an asset for any team and they wouldn't even get drat picks? Also, this would make Toronto a contender of sorts in the east. I thought we were trying to tank...

Comment

Detroit doesn't give up Ilyasova, Milwaukee does. My rationale for this went like this: Toronto needed shooting and floor spacing which Ilyasova gives with his high FG% and 3PT% and with Monroe, Valanciunas and Amir we would go from 28th in rebounding to probably top 15 at least. For Milwaukee this depends on whether or not they get tired of being a 8th seed at best and decide to tank, they get 2 expirings, a prospect and a 1st rounder for essentially Ilyasova. Detroit moves Josh Smith to PF, starts Drummond at C, with Rudy at SF and they get a shooter in Afflalo which they desperately need. And Orlando stockpiles more draft picks and an expiring.

Comment

Tbh this is a great trade for all parties involved.

Comment

Well, this deal is too generous to Toronto. Gay + Knicks 1st + OKC 2nd for Greg Monroe + Ilyasova.

I like the idea of Detroit targeting Afflalo, btw.

Comment

Working...
          X