Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TheNBAGeek.com: 2014 SURPRISE! (Toronto)

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only way its seen as stand pat respectable, is if its .650 and above. That way you have both on court success and a hop ethat your guys who can leave might want to stay at a reasonable number. And even then..... who knows

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I think the only way its seen as stand pat respectable, is if its .650 and above. That way you have both on court success and a hop ethat your guys who can leave might want to stay at a reasonable number. And even then..... who knows
    .65 is a 53 win season. That would be 6 more than all-time franchise best.

I have a feeling respectable for most Raptor fans is .500 and that is only ensuring a rebuild when JV is hitting his prime.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The trade deadline was at the 66 game mark last season. A record of 33-33 should hopefully signal a rebuild although 33 wins is a pretty solid win count considering the putrid record they've had the past few years.

If the goal is to get out of 7-11 then I hope a 33-33 record would mean a tear down.. but again I would prefer to see the tear down much sooner than that.

If no changes were done until the deadline then I personally would prefer to keep the team in tact with 40 wins or better (60%). Anything less than that and I would hope for a rebuild (but I'm hoping for that now so it would take a lot of wins to convince me otherwise hence a 40-26 record by the deadline).

Post Thanks / Like

I think if Casey gets to coach the team the way he wants to without BC interfering, then we can be a .500 team. The team did a lot better than expected two years ago with Casey, and last year we were .500 after the 4-19 start, which seems to be attributable to BC meddling from Casey's interview transcript (can't remember exactly where I read it).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fonzi wrote: View Post
    the 4-19 start, which seems to be attributable to BC meddling
    The 4-19 start was a combination of an absolutely murderous early schedule with some really unlucky close games and the Lowry injury. I don't think you can blame BC too much on that one.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember a few years back. When a magic team came on strong at the beginning of the season. They were like a top 3 team sent like 3 players to the all-start game. After the deadline they feel off and ended up like a 7 seed.

I can't see that happening to the raptors this year. The teams that usually start the season well are the teams that have pretty much the same players and coaches as the year before.

As soon as the more talented teams get use to the the new personalle than will be in trouble. Hopefully by than will be extremely comfident.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Just curious. What would you consider respectable?
    lebron james or bust

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm just bored because it's been forever since the season and draft ended and thus anything of real substance to talk about, but all this talk about MU waithing to see how we start the season to decide what he wants to do next is just sounding like bs to me. Does a guy who has been around the NBA for so long now, and has intimate knowledge of the players really need to see how the same team from the previous year is going to fare this season? Like what is there left for him to judge about the roster? JV isn't going any where and all the likely suspects for a trade (Gay, DeRozan, Lowry, Amir, Feilds) are known quatities. They aren't about to do something completely extraordinary this season. I think MU already knows what he wants to do and no matter how we start the season it won't change his plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Maybe I'm just bored because it's been forever since the season and draft ended and thus anything of real substance to talk about, but all this talk about MU waithing to see how we start the season to decide what he wants to do next is just sounding like bs to me. Does a guy who has been around the NBA for so long now, and has intimate knowledge of the players really need to see how the same team from the previous year is going to fare this season? Like what is there left for him to judge about the roster? JV isn't going any where and all the likely suspects for a trade (Gay, DeRozan, Lowry, Amir, Feilds) are known quatities. They aren't about to do something completely extraordinary this season. I think MU already knows what he wants to do and no matter how we start the season it won't change his plans.
    And me.

I'm not confident in saying I know what he is going to do (I know what I want him to do) but whatever it is you can guarantee he is waiting to maximize whatever opportunity presents itself for whatever path he sees the team going on.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    And me.

I'm not confident in saying I know what he is going to do (I know what I want him to do) but whatever it is you can guarantee he is waiting to maximize whatever opportunity presents itself for whatever path he sees the team going on.
    You agreed with him, and then contradicted his argument with the reasoning behind MU waiting until the season starts to make more moves. We are trying to maximize value and no one on the roster other than JV and Amir is currently at maximum value. Gay, Lowry, Derozan, Fields, and Ross all need some good play to up their value before we move them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    You agreed with him, and then contradicted his argument with the reasoning behind MU waiting until the season starts to make more moves. We are trying to maximize value and no one on the roster other than JV and Amir is currently at maximum value. Gay, Lowry, Derozan, Fields, and Ross all need some good play to up their value before we move them.
    I don't see contradiction. Ujiri knows what he is goi g to do, timing is the issue.

Thread Information