Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boys are BACK!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like what I'm hearing about Buycks. But let's not forget he plays (arguably) the most important position on the floor. He can be lightning quick and a beast defensively, but his job first-and-foremost is to get his teammates the ball in easy positions to score. That skill can take time to develop.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I like what I'm hearing about Buycks. But let's not forget he plays (arguably) the most important position on the floor. He can be lightning quick and a beast defensively, but his job first-and-foremost is to get his teammates the ball in easy positions to score. That skill can take time to develop.
    This is true but as a relative unknown hes already shown a consistent pg ability better whatever the hell Lucas ran. Buycks can score, the playmaking will come with some time and chemistry with his teammates.

K Low has the starting job no doubt its on Augustine to lose his back up which I think he will did anyone watch him in the IND Miami series? wow.....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Acy and Ross are back. I saw them this morning at the Path in Brookfield place. I couldn't take a picture with them because the trainer said they were late for their medical.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Ujiri really has an interest in the Stone guy and Chris Wright has probably set a record for team invites....

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Julyan Stone is pretty much guaranteed that last roster spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it Stone who worked out in Miami?

*Edit*

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...e-Diawara-Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Stone is the guy we almost signed but he failed his Physical, has knee and back issues and just had surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Stone is the guy we almost signed but he failed his Physical, has knee and back issues and just had surgery.
    And Wright is a player that has come to camp before, most of the roster knows him... to be honest I think they don't add to the roster if these are the best choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    And Wright is a player that has come to camp before, most of the roster knows him... to be honest I think they don't add to the roster if these are the best choices.
    I disagree the fact Ujiri tried to sign him and he failed his physical and now his being asked to attend training camp says a lot. I feel like it's his spot to lose.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that we need an additional PF more than PG, Wright is big enough to play a small C if JV every goes down. He has a lot more speed than Aaron Grey and his Summer League play was half decent, very explosive

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that we need an additional PF more than PG, Wright is big enough to play a small C if JV every goes down.
    I disagree with have too quality PF's and a much of hybrids(Gay, Novak, Daye and Fields). We're good on forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I think that Julyan Stone is pretty much guaranteed that last roster spot.
    4 PGs???? I doesnt sound like an Ujiri move if he had any chance of being a Rap he wouldnt have signed Buycks yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I disagree with have too quality PF's and a much of hybrids(Gay, Novak, Daye and Fields). We're good on forwards.
    We're talking about technicalities but Gay, Novak, & Fields are all SF's.

Daye is classified as a PF but that's not realistic.

Post Thanks / Like

We're talking about technicalities but Gay, Novak, & Fields are all SF's.

Daye is classified as a PF but that's not realistic.
    No, Novak is a PF. It's a common mistake, but he's actually more of a 4 than a 3. Not that it matters. It's not like he can defend either terribly well, but he is good for a few rebounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    No, Novak is a PF. It's a common mistake, but he's actually more of a 4 than a 3. Not that it matters. It's not like he can defend either terribly well, but he is good for a few rebounds.
    ESPN made that mistake, says he's a SF. CBS Sports, too.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3018/steve-novak
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players...70/steve-novak

Post Thanks / Like

True, but most places have him listed as just Forward. If you really think he stands a chance guarding any SF on the perimeter rather than the weaker of two post players your going to be sorely disappointed... He's bigger than Amir by an inch and 10 pounds. He's an efficient version of what people hope Bargs is without the pretension that he has any talent, or defensive acumen.

Dude is slow. But don't believe me, you'll have a whole season to see his foibles and realize that he is a gunner off the bench and not a high frequency player, and that he is more PF, than SF. I had him in my fantasy league last year and quickly realized what he was. By mid season I moved him. His defense is so bad he just doesn't get the minutes for his percentages or rebound rate to matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information