Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Mo Pete

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats Mo Pete

So Mo Pete seems to be heading to the Michigan State U hall of fame. Good for him. He was pretty big for them in his time there and had a prosperous NBA career after. Solid player. Great guy. Congrats Mo Pete!

via hoopshype

Mike Ganter: On of the all-time good guys in pro sports Morris Peterson is being inducted into the Michigan State University Athletics Hall of Fame. Twitter @Mike_Ganter

Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    So Mo Pete seems to be heading to the Michigan State U hall of fame. Good for him. He was pretty big for them in his time there and had a prosperous NBA career after. Solid player. Great guy. Congrats Mo Pete!

via hoopshype
    +1

My favourite player all time. He deserves it!

#bringbackmopete #justkidding

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fav Raptor for sure.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, average player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Meh, average player.
    You don't have to be great to be loved.

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    You don't have to be great to be loved.
    I can live with that, fair comment. Didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in, seriously, my bad.

I guess my initial reaction was more just a gut feel I have about how much we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town. Mo Pete was a cool guy, worked hard, cared, all that great stuff. He just wasn't that good.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can live with that, fair comment. Didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in, seriously, my bad.

I guess my initial reaction was more just a gut feel I have about how much we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town. Mo Pete was a cool guy, worked hard, cared, all that great stuff. He just wasn't that good.
    How many players in Raps history can we really say all that about? Plus he was a great value pick at 21st overall in a weak draft. Most of good players were high draft picks who should have been really good. Mo Pete was the workman who produced and gave it all for the team. The franchise would be better off with more like him.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like he's being inducted into anything that huge. He's just getting into MSU's own athletics hall of fame. It's just nice recognition for his time there, especially since he was critical to their championship run, and he's a Michigan native. It's unlikely he'd ever get honoured in any bigger way.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think his jersey should be up in the ACC rafters?

And where is he now? Last time i checked OKC signed him. Is he still playing or about to retire??
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Sep 10th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Do you guys think his jersey should be up in the ACC rafters?

And where is he now? Last time i checked OKC signed him. Is he still playing or about to retire??
    Nah man, he's done lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Nah man, he's done lol
    That sucks. Maybe he has one last good season left in him, the Raptors should get him like what they did with Magloire so he can retire as a Raptor.

Post Thanks / Like

Please, no one suggest any Raptor has a jersey retired ever again.

Or at least until a HoF-worthy player accomplishes something significant while with the franchise. (Note: Making the second round does not count.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Please, no one suggest any Raptor has a jersey retired ever again.

Or at least until a HoF-worthy player accomplishes something significant while with the franchise. (Note: Making the second round does not count.)
    Whats wrong with suggesting such things?

Hanging a jersey in the rafters does not connote huge stats, championships, etc. Teams can retire player jerseys/numbers based on other factors not just stats or achievements.

Just slapping Vince deserves a spot in the rafters, IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If you'd left it at "seriously, my bad", some degree of sincerity may have been taken "seriously". The subsequent paragraph is a bloody expansion upon your original grumpy comment. So which is it? You "didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in", or you mean to take more air out? Confusing.

As far as "we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town", who is forcing you? You do understand that being a fan of a team is a choice, right? You sound like some spoiled, self-entitled brat who mistakenly believes he has earned more than players giving their all,,,,,, unless you're actually being forced that is.

Post Thanks / Like

I can barely stand reading half the comments to any of the threads anymore.

So many pessimistic dick-heads trying to kill anyones good vibe.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    If you'd left it at "seriously, my bad", some degree of sincerity may have been taken "seriously". The subsequent paragraph is a bloody expansion upon your original grumpy comment. So which is it? You "didn't mean to take the air out of the Mo Pete love in", or you mean to take more air out? Confusing.

As far as "we have been forced to fall in love with sub par talent in this town", who is forcing you? You do understand that being a fan of a team is a choice, right? You sound like some spoiled, self-entitled brat who mistakenly believes he has earned more than players giving their all,,,,,, unless you're actually being forced that is.
    hahahaha pooka F T W!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Whats wrong with suggesting such things?

Hanging a jersey in the rafters does not connote huge stats, championships, etc. Teams can retire player jerseys/numbers based on other factors not just stats or achievements.

Just slapping Vince deserves a spot in the rafters, IMO.
    Hahahaha, that was a great moment for sure.

But a jersey retired? Not sure about that. But what if a wing of the ACC was filled with glass cases containing game-worn shoes of the most endearing members of the franchise? Seems like a good way to acknowledge their contributions, without going whole-hog and retiring the jerseys of lesser players.

Plus, there's the possible added bonus of NOT having Vince's shoes there.

Or T-Mac's, for that matter.

The stipulation could be, "the player must have played at least half their career in a Raptors' jersey."

Post Thanks / Like

One of the players who actually did worse when he left Toronto..cheers to mo pete
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post

Oh my....Doc.... what are my options here Sir?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information