Raptors franchise was on the block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    The more likely scenario is that Brian Windhorst is just wrong.
    A+ especially since Toronto is considered on of the top teams in attendance the past several years. Unless I am mistaken with my information, why sell the only Canadian team when you have the Canadian market covered for merchandising?

Crazy!!!!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      A+ especially since Toronto is considered on of the top teams in attendance the past several years. Unless I am mistaken with my information, why sell the only Canadian team when you have the Canadian market covered for merchandising?

Crazy!!!!
      Selling the team doesn't necessarily mean moving it out of Toronto/Canada though.

Comment

Windhorst just twitter me that the Raps have not officially changed hands. Lol. It was only over a year ago. What a dumb shit. Do a little research bud.

Comment

Keeping it Real wrote: View Post
          Windhorst just twitter me that the Raps have not officially changed hands. Lol. It was only over a year ago. What a dumb shit. Do a little research bud.
          LoL

Dumbass is fully deserved right here.

Maybe US internet searches don't cross the 49th parallel?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Yup, my thoughts exactly. Probably confusing OTPP's sale with "Raptors being on the market".
            Yes. Exactly. Raps have MUCH more value as part of a conglomerate which includes the Leafs. Sorry, but this is old news filtered through poor American journalism.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
              Anyone have any more information on this? I haven't read anything remotely close put nonetheless, seeing Toronto included in a list of names was a bit unnerving.

link here.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/96...-no-teams-sale
              How is it unnerving? Are you making the presumption that a team for sale means relocation?
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

'Rumoured' is the key word. The credibility of a rumour can range from very credible to utter nonsense. The team may not have won a lot but as far a making money is concerned, it ranks among the top. Why would the owners consider selling a profitable business?
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I think most people covered it .. but obviously this is 100% not true and just someone messing up old info.

Even if LT was looking to sell his stake (hes not) - it wouldnt be of the Raps only. Rogers/Bell not going anywhere - they just bought it and TV contracts just starting to kick in ...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if the author happened to remember hearing that the Raptors were on the market awhile back, but hadn't heard anything recently, hence the 'rumor'. In all liklihood, he just forgot or is ignorant to the fact that the Raptors (MLSE) were in fact fairly recently sold along with the Leafs (and lots more) to Rogers/Bell, from the OTPP. The reason they are 'off the market' is because a buyer was found. I seriously doubt MLSE has any plans to sell.
                    I guess 'rumor' means this 'journalist' had no sources on which to base his comment. Brian Windhorst is obviously not a reliable source of information ......

Comment

Working...
                    X