Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For fans that like the Raptors name/brand...

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For fans that like the Raptors name/brand...

Check out this new branding and let me know your thoughts:
    http://bit.ly/1e9OuLZ

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That triangle on sides doesnt fit, claws - great, but need another small n' catchy element, as I mentioned those trianglies does not help.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Gametime that fitted in your avi is dope. Must get one. Where can I grab one?

Also I'm liking the logo on the far right (with the dino and maple leaf on the basketball).

Post Thanks / Like

i like the white and black unis but the red and purple (oh my god the purple) are terrible. nice clean design, though.

the fitted is definitely dope, you selling them?

i do like the idea of a purple alternate though.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the jerseys well enough but as someone said the triangle on the side is a little off, not sure why but it doesn't fit and it stands out.

The T hat looks awesome and could realistically see that being the one thing from the mockup that's actually used by the Raptors but my main gripe with these rebranding things is that I honestly think our Claw logo is one of, if not the, best logo in the league. If we can just use the claw for all our logos I would be very happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote gametime wrote: View Post
    Check out this new branding and let me know your thoughts:
    http://bit.ly/1e9OuLZ
    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I like the jerseys well enough but as someone said the triangle on the side is a little off, not sure why but it doesn't fit and it stands out.

The T hat looks awesome and could realistically see that being the one thing from the mockup that's actually used by the Raptors but my main gripe with these rebranding things is that I honestly think our Claw logo is one of, if not the, best logo in the league. If we can just use the claw for all our logos I would be very happy.
    I love this look overall, but I agree that the claw logo (old, new, different variation, multiple, whatever...) should be featured more prominently, especially given that it would be the Raptor's claw that made the slash marks (I love the 'slashed T' image). I like the strong, primal, clean black/red/white look of this re-imaged Raptors brand.

As for the jerseys, I would prefer to keep a 'Canadian red' version as the 3rd jersey (if at all), going with primarily black & white for home/away jerseys. I actually don't mind purple, if done right, either to be incorporated into the standard jerseys (ie: limited use as secondary accent color), or on the team's 3rd/alternate jersey. The primary jerseys are still a little too plain for my liking, but I really like this direction!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Sep 13th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Are these actually coming from MLSE, or is this just another Fan Mockup?

As many have stated, the 'Slashed T' logo is off-the-chain cool.

The purple jersey would be a nice wink back to the old days, but even the old jerseys weren't THAT purple.. y'know? Lol

I'd like to see the pin stripes brought back for the alternate as well.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Good points. I actually I had a different purple one in there previously (still hate the idea of mixing red/purple though, but I made it subtle) - it's back in there now if you want to refresh/clear your cache: http://bit.ly/1e9OuLZ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure you can do Custom Logo fitted caps at Lids.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The white stripe "T" looks like 6 rails of cocaine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Thornbury wrote: View Post
    The white stripe "T" looks like 6 rails of cocaine.
    Even better. Imagine a carnivorous dinosaur on coke, thats some scary shit!
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

the best part is 'copyright' when youre using all these product images and stock photos from other sources, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Also I'm liking the logo on the far right (with the dino and maple leaf on the basketball).
    Thanks. I'll get some more made soon if there's enough demand.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Even better. Imagine a carnivorous dinosaur on coke, thats some scary shit!
    what, you mean they get on the court and talk the opponents ear off about their feelings?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see some aspects of your designs incorporated into the new branding. I really like the three slashes on the jerseys. It adds something different. I too find the plain colour blocked jerseys now a little plain. It look s cool, but I'm not a big fan of the triangle logo. To me, it looks too hockey. Thats just me, though. Awesome work!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    True. But I'd rather get it from the original source ya dig!

Quote gametime wrote: View Post
    Thanks. I'll get some more made soon if there's enough demand.
    Cool. Let me know if and when you get more. Guaranteed sale right here. Fyi I'm a size 7 1/4" fitted.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they will unless they've changed their policy. I was trying to get a logo on some proper New Era caps for my baseball team, but they would only do logos from their own stupid catalogue. Had to settle for cheesy mesh backs from another company.

I need me a new black fitted as well, would love one of those!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

http://custom-hats.lids.com/

Custom Artwork
    While you can choose to design your own unique hat, if you already have a logo or custom artwork that you would like to use, you can do that as well. Simply upload the logo or artwork to our website and we will digitize the design for you. Digitizing is the process of converting a logo or custom artwork into a file that can be read by an embroidery machine.

To upload a logo or custom artwork, click on the "Add Custom Artwork" button in the Design Lab.

In order to streamline the digitizing process, please adhere to the following guidelines:
    •LIDS requires that images submitted for digitizing be in either a *.gif or *.jpg format and be no larger than 5MB
    •The best types of images for our service are vector illustrations created in programs such as Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW. These images should be saved or exported and then uploaded in *.gif or *.jpg format. Before saving or exporting please (1) flatten the image, (2) outline fonts, and (3) convert to Pantone or RGB colors.
    •Raster images, such as those created in Adobe Photoshop and CorelPHOTOPAINT, should be saved or exported as *.gif, or *.jpg files. You're best off using *.gif with a transparent background (if that is, in fact, what you want).
    •Please keep in mind that for embroidery, images should only contain clear, distinct areas of color. Subtle tones and fades can't be embroidered.
    •Images should be high-resolution. The final product will look best if your image is at least 200 dots per inch (DPI) at the actual size you want it.

In-store Orders Using Custom Artwork
    Digitizing is also available to customers that are placing an order at a Lids embroidery location. You may either submit your artwork electronically or via mail and the digitzed artwork will be sent directly to one of our stores. Please click here to begin the digitizing process.

You will be contacted by a Lids representative to verify and approve the design submitted. If you provide an e-mail address, you will be sent the file for approval within four business days. We will need your approval before it can be sent to the store for production. If you do not provide an email address or you have mailed in your artwork, the store will contact you for approval when they store receives the digitized artwork.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Sep 15th, 2013 at 08:47 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess they changed their policy, or else the employees I spoke with were dickheads. Good to know either way, man!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information