No announcement yet.

ESPN #NBARank - Guess the Raptors rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin Daye at #286. Dropped 41 spots from last year.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Austin Daye at #286. Dropped 41 spots from last year.
      That seems surprisingly high for a guy who might've washed out of the league this summer if the Raps didn't sign him. I mean I can't picture him being higher in the pecking order than Gray or Acy.

Comment

Novak right in the middle. 251.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          Novak right in the middle. 251.
          'Stone Cold' Steve Novak. Any predictions on where he lands next year?

Comment

Dirty Landry falls in at 248.

Lucky for him he's still #1 when its comes to WAGs.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              That seems surprisingly high for a guy who might've washed out of the league this summer if the Raps didn't sign him. I mean I can't picture him being higher in the pecking order than Gray or Acy.
              Really? I already figured he was higher in the pecking order than those too.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Going with the "what have you done lately" criteria, 248 seems high for Fields.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Going with the "what have you done lately" criteria, 248 seems high for Fields.
                  Agreed, but I bet most of the voters didn't watch a lot of Raptor games, and were still thinking of his NYK form.

Comment

DJ at 227
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/97...nkings-226-250
                    wooh im late, man i feel dumb
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Ross comes in at #203 just ahead of Thomas Robinson and one behind Kelly Olynyk who is a three spots ahead of Otto Porter, the number three pick in the draft in June.

Comment

This is a rank of next year, so I think ESPN may be right putting Olynyk ahead of other key guys.
                        He's the Celtics' only true center going into next year, so he's going to get plenty of PT and his stats are going to be inflated because of it.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I'm not sure how much he'll play for the Celtics, Vitor Faverani is a center.

Comment

Also note Psycho T was at 208.

Comment

Just found the Raptors' 2011 nbarank ratings. Most remarkable: there's only 3 players from that team still on the roster, and one of them is Valanciunas, who never even played in 2011.
                              http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...oronto-raptors

Another observation so far: the 4 notable off-season acquisitions (Hansbrough, Augustin, Daye, Novak) all significantly dropped in rank (between 80 and 34 spots.) Is this a case that Masai was "buying low"?... or are the raters maybe subtracting points as a sort of "Toronto penalty"?

Comment

k.m. wrote: View Post
                                Another observation so far: the 4 notable off-season acquisitions (Hansbrough, Augustin, Daye, Novak) all significantly dropped in rank (between 80 and 34 spots.) Is this a case that Masai was "buying low"?... or are the raters maybe subtracting points as a sort of "Toronto penalty"?
                                "Toronto penalty" seems unlikely, considering that all four players had significantly worse seasons last year than the year previous (Hansbrough the least so). Masai was combing the bargain bin for potential reclamation projects during the offseason and everybody knew it.

Comment

Working...
                                X