ESPN #NBARank - Guess the Raptors rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JV!!!!

So the Raps have 3 players in the top 100 4 in the top 110, 5 in the top 170. lowest ranked being Buyks who played in France last year...

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      Kirilenko outside 100 is a major snub. I guess a lot of ESPN people expect a decline? Based on last season, he should be top 50.
      Maybe, or it could be bitterness tied to his dodgy contract.

Comment

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Big drop from last year @ #51. I really think he'll bounce back this year. Contract year, his role vs. Jose was uncertain last year, and he was preoccupied with pleasing the coach and lost a bit too much of himself in the process. He'll be better on all those fronts in his 2nd year on the team.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            So the Raps have 3 players in the top 100 4 in the top 110, 5 in the top 170.
            Given that every team has five starters and there are 30 teams, any team that has less than five players in the top 150 is a team that ESPN thinks isn't that competitive.

Comment

Well I guess it comes down to whether you agree where Amir is ranked then.

Orlando had 1 guy in the top 100, but Philly is considered a far worse team so I'm not sure how player rankings translate into media expectations of a team.

What I take from it is that for once the Raptors actually have 5 legitimate starters for the first time since the early 2000's.

Comment

Rudy Gay at 55.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  Rudy Gay at 55.
                  23 spots drop, fair enough . Now it's time to prove they're wrong.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                    My guesses below with approx rank

Gay - ~45
                    Lowry - ~85
                    DeRozan - ~90
                    JV - ~110
                    Amir - ~150
                    Hansborough - ~190
                    Novak - ~190
                    Ross - ~200
                    Fields - ~250
                    Augustine - ~260
                    Acy - ~270
                    Daye - ~270
                    Gray - ~290
                    Buycks ~350

Some comments:
                    - People want to write off last year of Landry as an injury .. but lets not forget how historically bad he was. I wouldnt be surprised if hes one of the biggest droppers in this whole thing
                    - JV had a very good summer league .. expect him to move up a lot (maybe not enough to get his full due .. but a lot)
                    - Lowry drops quite a bit .. he had a lot of buzz going into last year and was mostly a disappointment. Not that hes a bad player .. but people were projecting a lot more
                    killin time at the cottage on thanksgiving .. lets see how I did.
                    Gay:
                    me: 45, actual: 55 - pretty close
                    Lowry: me: 85, actual: 78 - pretty close
                    Derozon: me 90, actual: 104 - I had him a bit higher .. last few games looks like hes our best player .. we will see
                    JV: me 120, actual 82 - I was right about the summer league effect. HUGE jump .. much more than most thought.
                    Amir: me 150, actual 165 - cant say Im shocked ..
                    LF: me 250, actual 248 - one of hte bigger droppers
                    All in all, I think I had a decent handle on these
                    Last edited by mountio; Sat Oct 12, 2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Cant believe Andre Drummond, N Pekovic, Al jefferson and David lee are ranked higher than Gay. The ESPN pundits cant be serious! I hope someone prints this list and hangs it by his locker...

Comment

vegeta wrote: View Post
                        Cant believe Andre Drummond, N Pekovic, Al jefferson and David lee are ranked higher than Gay. The ESPN pundits cant be serious! I hope someone prints this list and hangs it by his locker...
                        I'd take most of those guys over Gay. I'd say the biggest shock so far has been Faried at 47

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                          I'd take most of those guys over Gay. I'd say the biggest shock so far has been Faried at 47
                          Drummond is definitely ranked just based on potential. I know lots of players are, but considering he only played 20 minutes a game he's far too high.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                            Drummond is definitely ranked just based on potential. I know lots of players are, but considering he only played 20 minutes a game he's far too high.
                            I agree with that. Not trying to take too much from preseason but it looks like he could very well earn that number this season, potentially exceed it.

Comment

Kobe is 25th...

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Kobe is 25th...
                                The Twitter buzz is absolutely hilarious.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X