Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 115

Thread: DeMar DeRozan vs. Rip Hamilton

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Has anyone, let alone 'many', even suggested its 'impossible' for Demar to improve his 3pt shooting?
    I would say so, yes. I've read it often enough.

    I agree with Matt52's team comments. Rip Hamilton had the same stats on a crap Wizards team - didn't help them achieve anything. Post-championship Pistons, he was the same player on crap Detroit teams - didn't help them achieve anything. But on that brief championship-calibre team? Absolutely he was a key cog and they couldn't have won without his spot-up shooting.

    It's crazy how hard it is to build a championship team. The same pieces in the wrong places and you're in the lottery....

    The key is to not overpay players who would only be 3rd-5th options on a championship-level team. That's where the Raptors are stuck right now. Aside from rookie contracts, they don't have anybody on great contracts. They go from reasonably paid at best (Amir) to dramatically overpaid (Rudy). It's pretty tough at this point to add the two all-star calibre (or better) players it would take to turn this roster into a contender.

    All that to say, I'm fine with not picking on DeMar too much. His contract's so-so, his production is okay - he could be a complimentary piece on a very good team if his role fit. This team still has no identity, needs to play much better defense this season, and needs 1-2 players who are considerably better than anyone currently on the roster. Until then, we can spin our wheels endlessly discussing the flaws of the middling players that make up the Toronto Raptors and watch this team miss the playoffs or flameout in the first round year after year after year. (Sound familiar?)

  2. Like Fully liked this post
  3. #82
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Don't necessarily have to keep the team the same. I'm just saying that DeMar can be a part of the future of the team. He's only 24 years old (3 years older than Val).

    Why did he disappear into obscurity? Was it the drug problems or his play?

    And I don't expect DeRozan to ever make an all-star game. (Unless Silver decides to injury replace him in or something in 2016 to get an extra Raptor in).
    You don't expect a core guy making $9.5M to ever make an all-star game? Who's bashing now lol.

    Last year, non-rookie deal, All-Stars included guys like Tim Duncan $9.6M, Joakim Noah $11.3M, Tony Parker $12.5M. For $9.5 million per, I expect near all-star level production.

  4. #83
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Don't necessarily have to keep the team the same. I'm just saying that DeMar can be a part of the future of the team. He's only 24 years old (3 years older than Val).
    I agree. Unless Ujiri works his magic yet again, the Raptors have little assets or flexibility to improve. Only way flexibility changes is if Gay and Lowry leave but then Raps are down 2 starters.



    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Why did he disappear into obscurity? Was it the drug problems or his play?

    And I don't expect DeRozan to ever make an all-star game. (Unless Silver decides to injury replace him in or something in 2016 to get an extra Raptor in).
    Attitude.
    Poor choices.
    Criminal activity - drugs, assault, gambling.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  5. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    You don't expect a core guy making $9.5M to ever make an all-star game? Who's bashing now lol.

    Last year, non-rookie deal, All-Stars included guys like Tim Duncan $9.6M, Joakim Noah $11.3M, Tony Parker $12.5M. For $9.5 million per, I expect near all-star level production.
    Yeah near all-star level production and making an all-star team aren't really the same thing.

    The reason he'll never make it imo is because it's by Guards and PG/SG aren't separated. So with Wade, Rose, DWill, Wall, Rondo, Kyrie etc all in the east, his chances are pretty damn low.

    DeRozan is paid about as much as the 4th option/4th or 5th highest paid player on most contenders btw.

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Attitude.
    Poor choices.
    Criminal activity - drugs, assault, gambling.
    So why are we comparing DeMar to him... he's not really the type to have those problems.

    Stats-wise, Rider looks good though

  6. #85
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Yeah near all-star level production and making an all-star team aren't really the same thing.

    The reason he'll never make it imo is because it's by Guards and PG/SG aren't separated. So with Wade, Rose, DWill, Wall, Rondo, Kyrie etc all in the east, his chances are pretty damn low.

    DeRozan is paid about as much as the 4th option/4th or 5th highest paid player on most contenders btw.



    So why are we comparing DeMar to him... he's not really the type to have those problems.

    Stats-wise, Rider looks good though
    Point is, players that were better than Demar ended up no where. Choosing to say Demar will follow Rip's career path is just one of thousands of possibilities. JR Rider is just as likely an option.

  7. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Point is, players that were better than Demar ended up no where. Choosing to say Demar will follow Rip's career path is just one of thousands of possibilities. JR Rider is just as likely an option.
    But I never said DeMar will follow Rip's career path. I just compared Rip's championship season to DeMar's last year, and they were statistically very similar. I've also suggested using DeMar more like Rip and less like an isolation player.

    And actually it's probably more likely that he would follow Rip's career path, since Rider ended up being out of the league due to attitude and drug issues according to Matt... I really can't see that happening to DeMar lol.

    Rider was a key guy for the Blazers on the 98-99 team that went to the WCF though at least.

  8. #87
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DISCLAIMER: I haven't absorbed any of the stats cited in this thread.

    IMO, despite both players relying on "mid-range" jumpers, I see Rip as much more polished in his ability to setup defenders, running off screens and getting open looks. He works just as hard without the ball as he does with the ball in his hands.

    DeRozan, on the other hand, doesn't seem to run his routes as crisply, and therefore doesn't have the same window to get his shot off. But because of his athletic superiority, he does a better job of using his body and muscling his way to the hoop (something you rarely see with Rip).

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that despite their superficial stats looking similar, I see a noticeable difference in their respective games to question the comparison.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  9. #88
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    But I never said DeMar will follow Rip's career path. I just compared Rip's championship season to DeMar's last year, and they were statistically very similar. I've also suggested using DeMar more like Rip and less like an isolation player.

    And actually it's probably more likely that he would follow Rip's career path, since Rider ended up being out of the league due to attitude and drug issues according to Matt... I really can't see that happening to DeMar lol.

    Rider was a key guy for the Blazers on the 98-99 team that went to the WCF though at least.
    I thought you said you weren't continuing this discussion?

    The comment from your original post was: "So I'm really not sure why DeMar wouldn't be able to improve his 3-ball as well." To me that is a statement that Demar should be able to improve his 3PT shot because Rip was able to, thus using Rip's career path as a starting point for Demar's trajectory. If I'm wrong, that's cool, but it certainly comes across that way.

    Like I said above, Rider has many statistical similarities to Demar, and was really a better scorer yet couldn't cut it. Someone earlier, Craiger maybe (I can't be bothered to go back and look) said that you were taking an exception (Rip) and discounting the norm. There are likely hundreds of players in the last 20 years, who could be similar to Derozan, and many of them would have ended up well below Rip. You're right, as far as we know, Derozan is a stand up guy and wont make the same bad decisions as JR Rider did, but there are still lots of other guys who didn't make all those bad decisions and ended up in roughly the same place.

    You can't cherry pick the one player and say that is how this guy will develop, and you also can't wait for a guy to shoot 500+ 3s in his career to determine if he can shoot.

    As to the bolded above, you can basically say that about every player on the team (less iso). ISO offence should be dead. It should have left the NBA with Allen Iverson. If any player on the Raps is in an iso play-set this season, I will facepalm. It is a terrible way to score. Using screens and lots of off-ball movement (which is all the Pistons did with Rip) should be the staple of every guard/forward in the league.

  10. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  11. #89
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great thread, alot of good points made by all the contributors.

    I agree with Xixak that the Raps should use Demar more like the way the Pistons used Rip in their championship run. I think Demar would be a more effective player if he wasn't relied upon to create shots for himself or his teammates. If Rip was in Demar's role on this Raptors team last year (at age whatever that he was from the comparison) then I would guess that he would be even less 'effective' than Demar was. But Rip was a smart player on a very smart team. He did not play outside his game, and was put in a position to make the most of his abilities, as was every other player on that team which is why they defeated a great Lakers club and won the championship.

    However, I still think that Demar should shoot less from the outside. Period. Although his mid-range game is arguably one of his better assets, most of his shots should come from within 16 ft. If the Raps aren't running their offence to facilitate this, then the real problem is with the way the team is playing. Demar, I believe, has alot more to work with offensively than Rip Hamilton has ever had. He should be a better slasher, driver, finisher, and post up player than Rip. I personally could care less if he ever develops a 3pt shot that rivals Rips. He should be playing closer to the basket on offence. If this was the case, then maybe some of his other 'deficient' stats may improve (i.e. assists, rebounds), as well as his percentages and overall effectiveness relative to his pay. (oh, and I don't think it is really fair to judge Demar by his production relative to his pay yet, as this season will be his first at $9.5m remember).

    All that being said, I do have issues with making the comparison at all simply because these guys had different roles on very very different ball clubs. If last years Raps played more like the 03-04 Pistons, the comparison would be more warranted in my mind. And if the option was available to take last seasons DD, and trade him for the 03-04 Rip Hamilton, I bet the Pistons make that trade, well I would at least ( and maybe they dont win the championship and I'm a douche, but I would have taken the chance). I think Demar has a higher ceiling than Rip.

    But, has the team ever really put Demar in the appropriate role. We use him as a 2nd option in a predominantly create for yourself situation, along with Rudy Gay which is really just a good way to lose games. This ISO business just isn't gonna work with this club, no more than it would have worked for the 03-04 Pistons.

    Until the Raptors start playing a team oriented game, I find it difficult to make judgements regarding any of the players on the roster.

  12. Like Xixak liked this post
  13. #90
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I read an article on nba.com today about Rudy Gay

    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...ics-nightmare/

    it had more to do about him being analytically one of the least efficient players in the league, but there was an interesting quote by DeMar in the article that basically said that last year he had a lot of early success posting up smaller SG's, until teams started guarding him with their SF's. Once Gay came along teams were forced to use their SF's on Gay and were then forced to use their SG's of DeMar. I'm really interested to see if DeMar will go back into the post this season because that is where I felt he was most effecting and efficient from last season. That's is also one of the reasons why I don't see the comparison between Rip and DeMar really being as close as what the stats say they are.

  14. Like white men can't jump liked this post
  15. #91
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I thought you said you weren't continuing this discussion?

    The comment from your original post was: "So I'm really not sure why DeMar wouldn't be able to improve his 3-ball as well." To me that is a statement that Demar should be able to improve his 3PT shot because Rip was able to, thus using Rip's career path as a starting point for Demar's trajectory. If I'm wrong, that's cool, but it certainly comes across that way.

    Like I said above, Rider has many statistical similarities to Demar, and was really a better scorer yet couldn't cut it. Someone earlier, Craiger maybe (I can't be bothered to go back and look) said that you were taking an exception (Rip) and discounting the norm. There are likely hundreds of players in the last 20 years, who could be similar to Derozan, and many of them would have ended up well below Rip. You're right, as far as we know, Derozan is a stand up guy and wont make the same bad decisions as JR Rider did, but there are still lots of other guys who didn't make all those bad decisions and ended up in roughly the same place.

    You can't cherry pick the one player and say that is how this guy will develop, and you also can't wait for a guy to shoot 500+ 3s in his career to determine if he can shoot.

    As to the bolded above, you can basically say that about every player on the team (less iso). ISO offence should be dead. It should have left the NBA with Allen Iverson. If any player on the Raps is in an iso play-set this season, I will facepalm. It is a terrible way to score. Using screens and lots of off-ball movement (which is all the Pistons did with Rip) should be the staple of every guard/forward in the league.
    Bingo.

    I look forward to watching the Spurs for this very reason.

    I said at the end of last year that Casey needs more off ball and ball movement.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  16. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote:
    I thought you said you weren't continuing this discussion?

    The comment from your original post was: "So I'm really not sure why DeMar wouldn't be able to improve his 3-ball as well." To me that is a statement that Demar should be able to improve his 3PT shot because Rip was able to, thus using Rip's career path as a starting point for Demar's trajectory. If I'm wrong, that's cool, but it certainly comes across that way.
    That is not what I said at all. Just because I said I don't know why DeMar wouldn't be able to improve his 3 "as well" doesn't mean I'm saying he's following Rip's career trajectory. I'm just taking note of the fact that Rip was able to improve his 3 6 seasons into his career, so it's not impossible that DeMar could improve as well. Was I saying he would shoot 40% at some point? No. Did I say he would be a career 37% shooter? No. Don't put words in my mouth please.

    Like I said above, Rider has many statistical similarities to Demar, and was really a better scorer yet couldn't cut it. Someone earlier, Craiger maybe (I can't be bothered to go back and look) said that you were taking an exception (Rip) and discounting the norm. There are likely hundreds of players in the last 20 years, who could be similar to Derozan, and many of them would have ended up well below Rip. You're right, as far as we know, Derozan is a stand up guy and wont make the same bad decisions as JR Rider did, but there are still lots of other guys who didn't make all those bad decisions and ended up in roughly the same place.
    I'm not even really sure what you mean by "well below Rip". Rip conveniently got to play on a championship level team. If he hadn't been traded from Washington, he'd likely be viewed the same way DeRozan is now (guy that puts up empty stats on a bad team). Since he played on a championship team, he's considered a high BBIQ player, winner, leader and strong contributor to a top team. Where you play has a big effect on how you are perceived. Richard Jefferson on paper was better than Rip and DeRozan, but he never really won anything so he's not highly regarded for example. Not his fault, just the situations he was in.

    I think we would've seen some evidence of this if DeMar had been traded to the Clippers for Bledsoe like it was rumored this offseason. All of a sudden if he's putting up that same 17-18ppg on a title contender, people around the league are going to put him on a higher pedestal. Zach Randolph is a good example of this btw.

    You can't cherry pick the one player and say that is how this guy will develop, and you also can't wait for a guy to shoot 500+ 3s in his career to determine if he can shoot.
    You are putting words in my mouth. I did not say DeRozan would develop how Rip did. All I said is that Rip's 5th season (his championship season) statistics and DeRozan's 4th season statistics and contracts (by percentage of salary cap) are very similar, and the two had very similar strengths and skillsets on the court and like to operate in the same areas. I mentioned that Rip was able to become an elite 3pt shooter later on despite being terrible/mediocre for his first 5 seasons, so it's not unrealistic to say that DeRozan COULD do the same. That's not saying he'll have the same career, it's saying that he COULD make improvements.

    And even if he didn't, he'd still be statistically a notch below a SG that played for a championship caliber team.

    As to the bolded above, you can basically say that about every player on the team (less iso). ISO offence should be dead. It should have left the NBA with Allen Iverson. If any player on the Raps is in an iso play-set this season, I will facepalm. It is a terrible way to score. Using screens and lots of off-ball movement (which is all the Pistons did with Rip) should be the staple of every guard/forward in the league.
    Yes you can say it about any player. But certain players are basically never asked to isolate or even dribble the ball by their teams and their efficiency increases as a result. People love how efficient Kawhi Leonard is, but turn back the clock and put him in DeRozan's role for the last few seasons and see how quickly perception of him changes.

  17. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Bingo.

    I look forward to watching the Spurs for this very reason.

    I said at the end of last year that Casey needs more off ball and ball movement.
    I think we're all in agreement on this...

  18. #94
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    That is not what I said at all. Just because I said I don't know why DeMar wouldn't be able to improve his 3 "as well" doesn't mean I'm saying he's following Rip's career trajectory. I'm just taking note of the fact that Rip was able to improve his 3 6 seasons into his career, so it's not impossible that DeMar could improve as well. Was I saying he would shoot 40% at some point? No. Did I say he would be a career 37% shooter? No. Don't put words in my mouth please.
    Ok, I don't get you. I quote you word for word, you then say that's not what you're saying, then proceed to say the very thing you tell me you aren't saying!!

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    You are putting words in my mouth. I did not say DeRozan would develop how Rip did. All I said is that Rip's 5th season (his championship season) statistics and DeRozan's 4th season statistics and contracts (by percentage of salary cap) are very similar, and the two had very similar strengths and skillsets on the court and like to operate in the same areas. I mentioned that Rip was able to become an elite 3pt shooter later on despite being terrible/mediocre for his first 5 seasons, so it's not unrealistic to say that DeRozan COULD do the same. That's not saying he'll have the same career, it's saying that he COULD make improvements.
    I don't see how I'm putting words in your mouth. I'm quoting your posts. Maybe you are arguing about semantics at this point. Career path, career trajectory is really the same thing as saying make similar improvements. Either way you slice it, Rip's development has a much to do with Demar's as does how much Captain Crunch Nilanka has in his cupboard.


    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    And even if he didn't, he'd still be statistically a notch below a SG that played for a championship caliber team.
    If this is the entire point of your original post, then my only response is "so what?" They are very different players in how they play and the teams they play on are so completely different. Like Nilanka pointed out, just because they hit the long two doesn't eliminate the fact that they are very different players. If you're overall end game is point out that Demar could start on a championship caliber team just because he can hit the midrange 2, then sure, he could. If the rest of the team was comprised of Defensive Player of the Year caliber Center, Finals MVP caliber veteran point guard who can hit the trey and post-up, One of the best perimeter defenders in the league with an improving jump shot, A veteran rugged inside-out scorer who can rebound and play lockdown D from the post as powerforward, An excellent bench and coaching staff. Then sure, Demar can help out. Until then, he's just another inefficient one dimensional volume scorer.

  19. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  20. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok so Rip was a replaceable player on the Pistons championship squad, gotcha.

  21. #96
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Raptors best season with Demar, was his rookie season where they didn't run any plays for him and his only job was to cut to the basket and slam dunk. Since, then he has added a respectable mid-range game and free throw shooting. And he was super happy when they got Rudy, since Demar wasn't double teamed anymore and he could use his skills and play his basketball, without trying to be Kobe.

    Demar isn't even remotely the teams problem as long as he cuts down his turnovers he's playing to his skillset and isn't doing too much. But, he can't be your top two scorer and he can't be a primary or secondary ball handler.

    The trick for this team on offense next season, is can Lowry and Gay make the correct decisions with the ball in their hands? Can they get the ball to Amir in a pick and roll? Can they get the ball to Valanciunas when he is in position close to the basket and has a favourable match-up? Can Gay stop playing iso ball?

    Demar isn't a problem, he's only a problem when he's relied on to be more than who he is. He's a skilled system player he isn't a star.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  22. Like JawsGT liked this post
  23. #97
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ah, now who is putting words in the others mouth. At no point did I say that Rip was easily replaceable. What I said is that Demar would need the rest of those pieces to win, so how is that a knock on Rip? You've obviously completely missed the point (again).

  24. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Ah, now who is putting words in the others mouth. At no point did I say that Rip was easily replaceable. What I said is that Demar would need the rest of those pieces to win, so how is that a knock on Rip? You've obviously completely missed the point (again).
    Alright, congrats.

  25. #99
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's an equally irrelevant comparison.

    Age GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS FG% 3P% FT% 3PA

    21 81 3093 8.4 17.9 0.4 1.5 4.3 6.0 1.2 2.6 3.8 7.4 2.3 0.3 3.8 3.7 21.6 .472 .288 .710 125
    23 82 3013 6.5 14.7 0.4 1.4 4.2 5.1 0.6 3.2 3.8 2.4 0.9 0.3 1.8 2.1 17.7 .445 .283 .831 120

    Demar's stats (2nd line) are very comparable to the player above. Playing almost equal playing time, similar scoring, and nearly identical 3PA (both per game and season total) and %. Player 1 had more assists but also more turnovers, so that's a wash.

    Player 1 made it to the Hall of Fame, so then Demar can improve his game because Player 1 did too.

    Player 1 is also known as Isiah Lord Thomas III.

  26. #100
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Here's an equally irrelevant comparison.

    Age GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS FG% 3P% FT% 3PA

    21 81 3093 8.4 17.9 0.4 1.5 4.3 6.0 1.2 2.6 3.8 7.4 2.3 0.3 3.8 3.7 21.6 .472 .288 .710 125
    23 82 3013 6.5 14.7 0.4 1.4 4.2 5.1 0.6 3.2 3.8 2.4 0.9 0.3 1.8 2.1 17.7 .445 .283 .831 120

    Demar's stats (2nd line) are very comparable to the player above. Playing almost equal playing time, similar scoring, and nearly identical 3PA (both per game and season total) and %. Player 1 had more assists but also more turnovers, so that's a wash.

    Player 1 made it to the Hall of Fame, so then Demar can improve his game because Player 1 did too.

    Player 1 is also known as Isiah Lord Thomas III.
    Axel, the comparison is so off.
    Not only did you use surface stats to compare, youre comparing a PG with an SG, so no upped TO's and Asts are not 'just a wash' they are systematic differences between the players and what they do on the court. I think you were trying to get a point across about how arbitrary it is to compare by stats, but your point has failed because this comparison is not even close to the Rip/Demar comparison of the OP.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •