Page 2 of 338 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I'm very curious as to the future of Aaron Craft.

Pros:
    Good size
    Very good lateral quickness
    Excellent on-ball defender
    Smart pass-first PG
    High Motor

Cons:
    Shooting Range

When you look at the list of pros and cons, the first name that pops into my head is Rajon Rondo, but I think Rajon is a better finisher at the rim and better athlete overall. Still, Craft is probably the best perimeter defender in NCAA, and that should translate to the NBA. He is currently mocked as a 2nd rounder, and I would be surprised to see him go in the 1st, but I think he could pan out in the NBA.

Apparently he has been guarding Kyrie Irving Full-Court at the Nike Skills Academy and was holding his own. For a 2nd rounder, getting a young hard working PG who can defend really well is definitely worth the pick to me.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aaron-Craft-6361/

Post Thanks / Like

"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of both Craft and McDermott.

I mentioned in this forum before the draft that the Raps should trade for a 1st round round pick and draft McDermott. Well, they didn't but McDermott returned to school. So they still have a shot at getting him next year

As for Craft, i think he'll be a late 1st rounder/early 2nd round pick next year. I'm a big fan of the guy. Great defensive player, high basketball IQ. I think he's going to be good.
    "Analytics DON'T work at all. It's some crap that people that are really smart made up to get in the game. Bunch of smart guys who have never played. The NBA is about TALENT" - Charles Barkley #Truth

Post Thanks / Like

Jabari asks, "Have you forgot about Ja?"

"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

5. Like rocwell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Randle is a 6-foot-9 power forward who has the ultra-rare ability to handle the ball like a guard despite his size and strength. He’s too quick and athletic for big men to guard, but has too much length and size for perimeter players to handle. In short, he’s the perfect mismatch. Naturally, he’s been drawing some favorable comparisons.

Today, former Virginia Tech coach and current ESPN analyst Seth Greenberg had perhaps the most interesting comparison yet:

ESPN analyst Seth Greenberg: “(Kentucky’s) Julius Randle is as impressive a freshman I’ve seen since I saw LeBron James.”

— rickbozich (@rickbozich) October 16, 2013

Oops. Yeah, LeBron never actually went to college. However, despite the mistake, his comparison does make at least a little bit of sense (even if it’s completely far-fetched at this point):

ESPN’s Seth Greenberg also on Julius Randle: “If he decides I can get any shot I want, when I want it, there’s no guarding him.”

— rickbozich (@rickbozich) October 16, 2013

Randle is going to have to work really, really hard to live up to the King’s college