Page 29 of 337 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    I really don't care about any of those things. I care about drafting the best player.
    Well all things being equal, you simply cannot ignore the impact, even if he isn't quite as good as the best guy, should he not be the best guy, of having a Canadian superstar in Toronto. Just huge.

So if you give up 2-3 pts a game, or a few rebs or assists to take him, you do it.

Besides, watching Wiggans, I can tell ya this, his recent so called "downfall" is nothing. He is lightning fast, he has a great head on his shoulders and thinks his way through plays, he is completely unselfish, and has nice shot mechanics.

I think he will be a good one. now do I think he should stay in college for 3 years, YES. But I am not being realistic, his agent would never allow that.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and yes, thats another thing guys.

Are you certain all these guys are even declaring????

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My draft board would look like this if i'm MU.

1. Wiggins
    2. Parker
    3. Exum
    4. Randle
    5. Smart

Sadly, the Raps will not be in a position to draft any of those guys.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    My draft board would look like this if i'm MU.

1. Wiggins
    2. Parker
    3. Exum
    4. Randle
    5. Smart

Sadly, the Raps will not be in a position to draft any of those guys.
    Yes they will.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Yes they will.
    Pls explain how.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pls explain how.
    Assuming Lowry (and perhaps DeRozan) are traded, we'll simply lose a LOT of games....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Pls explain how.
    1. Toronto is currently tied for the 7th fewest wins (3 teams have 1 fewer win, 1 team has 2 fewer wins, 2 teams have 3 fewer wins), and at least one of those 6 teams is guaranteed a win tonight: SAC (-1) vs UTA (-3).

2. Toronto just traded away arguably their most talented player (yes I get the trade might make them a better team) for 4 players, with only one likely to make the team's rotation (Vasquez)

3. other trades might be on the horizon to further decrease the team's competitiveness (a trade of DeRozan or Lowry, or possibly even Amir, would cripple this team)

4. technically speaking, every team in the lottery has a chance of winding up with a top-3 pick, however slim statistically speaking

I fully expect Toronto to finish bottom-6 in the league, when all is said and done this season. That means they could pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th or 8th.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    No way ATL does that trade unless Brooklyn starts showing some signs of life. That pick is like a Randle/Wiggins/Parker pick right now. You don't give that away for DD.
    I agree in principle but they may decide they need this now and not 3 years from now. Gotta consider where the team is and where they are headed. Also gotta seriously consider whether BK will be this bad over the course of a full season, we're less than 6 weeks in.

Food for thought.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pls explain how.
    MU will not allow anything else
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Assuming Lowry (and perhaps DeRozan) are traded, we'll simply lose a LOT of games....
    'Assuming' is the key word.

I think Lowry is as good as gone. But if DeRozan and Amir stays, this is a team that is capable of winning 25-30 games. That's not good enough to land a top 5 draft pick unless they get lucky like back in 2006.

Post Thanks / Like

'Assuming' is the key word.

I think Lowry is as good as gone. But if DeRozan and Amir stays, this is a team that is capable of winning 25-30 games. That's not good enough to land a top 5 draft pick unless they get lucky like back in 2006.
    Which is why those guys will likely also get traded. Their Values are high right now.

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kansas loses again

Wiggins goes off down stretch again
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Kansas loses again

Wiggins goes off down stretch again
    Wiggins had no support today from the rest the KId was making shots basically from half court but nobody else took the load with him

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Oh how I pray raps don't pick #1.

When all said and done wiggins will not be #1. Hate to see him picked because of his passport
    I agree, if the Raptors can somehow get the lottery ball bounce in their favor I hope it will be the second overall pick.

I do not believe any team other then the Raptors would pick Wiggins first overall just because Parker appears to be very solid and Wiggins still raw with a possible higher ceiling at this point. Which ever player falls to the Raptors lap (second overall) as a result will be met with cheers either way by the Raptors fan base, and would not be scrutinized from the beginning.

ie, Raptors chose Parker overall - Raptors majority fan base and media will be like "WahhhaaaTT how can he not chose the Canadian kid!!! waaaaaaaaaaa: and if Wiggins becomes better then Parker, Masai will be scrutinized throughout his tenure (unless they somehow win the championship) for that move just like Colangelo with Bargnani. However if the Raptors were to chose Wiggins and he fails to become the elite player (maybe he will be just a poor man Rudy Gay or the pressure playing in front of a home town will be too much?!) and Parker become's an all star then the fans would turn on Wiggins and start to boo him because many of them are idiots I am afraid to say. For what Toronto has become its best to get the second overall pick.

15. Like FoxMachine liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I agree, if the Raptors can somehow get the lottery ball bounce in their favor I hope it will be the second overall pick.

I do not believe any team other then the Raptors would pick Wiggins first overall just because Parker appears to be very solid and Wiggins still raw with a possible higher ceiling at this point. Which ever player falls to the Raptors lap (second overall) as a result will be met with cheers either way by the Raptors fan base, and would not be scrutinized from the beginning.

ie, Raptors chose Parker overall - Raptors majority fan base and media will be like "WahhhaaaTT how can he not chose the Canadian kid!!! waaaaaaaaaaa: and if Wiggins becomes better then Parker, Masai will be scrutinized throughout his tenure (unless they somehow win the championship) for that move just like Colangelo with Bargnani. However if the Raptors were to chose Wiggins and he fails to become the elite player (maybe he will be just a poor man Rudy Gay or the pressure playing in front of a home town will be too much?!) and Parker become's an all star then the fans would turn on Wiggins and start to boo him because many of them are idiots I am afraid to say. For what Toronto has become its best to get the second overall pick.
    I somewhat agree i mean i have been saying this all along i think with Raps picking wiggins specially with the 1st pick will put extra presure on wiggins to perfrom the preasure of the 1st pick and also the preasure of all the country i think the second pick is the best scenerio as the extra preasue juct might derail his Career which will be sad to see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
    I somewhat agree i mean i have been saying this all along i think with Raps picking wiggins specially with the 1st pick will put extra presure on wiggins to perfrom the preasure of the 1st pick and also the preasure of all the country i think the second pick is the best scenerio as the extra preasue juct might derail his Career which will be sad to see
    Yep, and if another team happens to gamble more and take Wiggins first overall, I wouldn't cry over it, I would also just be as ecstatic to get Parker.

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys think Wiggins isn't #1 on 90% of the leagues draft board then you have no idea what you're talking about

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    If you guys think Wiggins isn't #1 on 90% of the leagues draft board then you have no idea what you're talking about
    This.
    Why would anyone ever not want the 1st overall pick. Yeah i get the KD/Oden situation but i mean you get your choice and the ball is in your court. In masai we trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    This.
    Why would anyone ever not want the 1st overall pick. Yeah i get the KD/Oden situation but i mean you get your choice and the ball is in your court. In masai we trust.
    This is the same this we said when BC selected AB 1st overall. I mean 1st overall does not always mean the best player in draft its potential we are talking about and who knows maybe exum will be the best player doen the road or maybe Aron gordon might surprise everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    This.
    People used to say "In BC we trust" and look what happened. If Wiggins wasn't a Canadian then I wouldn't have a problem with the Raptors grabbing the first overall pick but because he is (and also from Toronto) then I fear other factors could be at play here which could hinder an objective selection of the first overall pick in this case.

Politics played a role in the Raptors selecting Bargnani first overall as well.

Page 29 of 337 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread Information