Page 52 of 337 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

  1. #1021
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chad Ford's mock draft 2.0 has us drafting Tyler Ennis 19th:

    General manager Masai Ujiri had hoped that by shipping off Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay for pennies on the dollar, the team would put itself in a position to get high enough in the draft to land Canadian Andrew Wiggins. Instead, the Raptors are currently the favorites to win the Atlantic Division. Even if the team trades away Kyle Lowry, I'm not sure the Raptors can really get bad enough to have a shot at Wiggins. The good news is that the Raptors also are on the prowl for a long-term answer at point guard and there's another Canadian, Ennis, who has been as good as any freshman in the country. Ennis is a steady floor leader who strikes a perfect balance between distributing and scoring. His assist-to-turnover ratio is outstanding for a freshman. He's not an elite athlete, but that's the only real knock against him right now.

  2. #1022
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Chad Ford's mock draft 2.0 has us drafting Tyler Ennis 19th:
    If all this Ennis praise continues, it wouldn't be far-fetched to see him project as a lotto pick.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #1023
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If all this Ennis praise continues, it wouldn't be far-fetched to see him project as a lotto pick.
    Well, a lot will still depend on team needs. Many teams combine BPA with needs to make their selection. Many teams are pretty set at PG. And at least Exum and Smart will continue to project ahead of Ennis. Have a hard time seeing him crack the top 10....but after that, no clue how things shake out. Just hoping he falls to wherever we are drafting.

  4. #1024
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Syracuse is playing against Miami right now. The game is on CBS for anyone interested in watching Ennis play.

  5. Like rocwell liked this post
  6. #1025
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 2014 NBA DRAFT: Who's available for the Raptors?

    The season's halfway through. The draft is in June, it's almost February. If we keep going at this rate, our pick will be in the 20's. What position should we target? Who's available at the position?

    I think we should target a PG. All the franchise changers like Smart, and Exum will be gone in the top 10 but I think there are some who will fall pretty low. For example, Tyler Ennis, Andrew Harrison, Shabazz, Napier, to name a few. If I could select one, it would be Ennis but I feel he will go top 15 and our pick is not going to be there. I would select either Harrison or Napier. Harrison is taller than Napier at 6'6-6'1. Napier distributes the ball better and has a better FG percentage than him. But Harrison has more upside to me. If Masai were to select either one if Ennis is gone, I'd be pretty content. We don't know if Lowry will stay or Vasquez but Vasquez has said he wants to be a Raptor for the rest of his career. But if Lowry decides to leave us for a better team or for bigger money, I'd take a chance on Harrison or Napier. Who knows? I leave it up for Masai to find a big steal.

    Thoughts?

  7. #1026
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    trade up for Exum

    i'm smitten

    a team like the lakers aren't going to want to rebuild, they're going to use their pick to get a great player

    lakers #1 and Nash for 2014 ALL STAR Demar?
    @jerboat

  8. #1027
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No disrespect, but is there any discussion here that doesn't belong in the 'Raptors and the 2014 draft' thread? I'd rather see all those discussions kept together.
    tank-agnostic

  9. #1028
    Raptors Republic Rookie p3t3ypablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nik Stauskas. Probably one of the most underrated people in this draft class right now. It's unbelievable that he isn't on most mock drafts.

  10. #1029
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I heard Raps are targeting Ennis on Twitter.... besides being a P short of a Hilarious misfortune of a last name does anyone know what he does well? cant find a video talking about him.

  11. Like Letter N liked this post
  12. #1030
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I heard Raps are targeting Ennis on Twitter.... besides being a P short of a Hilarious misfortune of a last name does anyone know what he does well? cant find a video talking about him.
    Ennis basically does everything well. He's a pass-first floor general by preference but he's got a decent scoring touch and for a freshman his D is not embarrassing. The reason he's not lottery yet are because he's not super-athletic and because he's under six feet, and scouts love players to be athletic and as big at their position as possible. But his skills are very good.

  13. #1031
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've seen him usually listed around 6'2", which would be about what he looks to be on the court, about in the middle in terms of PG height.
    tank-agnostic

  14. #1032
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    trade up for Exum

    i'm smitten

    a team like the lakers aren't going to want to rebuild, they're going to use their pick to get a great player

    lakers #1 and Nash for 2014 ALL STAR Demar?
    Dear God not Nash. No, this isn't the 90's Leafs AKA an old age home for retiring athletes.

    Quote p3t3ypablo wrote: View Post
    Nik Stauskas. Probably one of the most underrated people in this draft class right now. It's unbelievable that he isn't on most mock drafts.
    So true he's deceptively fast and has some pretty good handles. Can he play point guard?

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I heard Raps are targeting Ennis on Twitter.... besides being a P short of a Hilarious misfortune of a last name does anyone know what he does well? cant find a video talking about him.
    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Ennis basically does everything well. He's a pass-first floor general by preference but he's got a decent scoring touch and for a freshman his D is not embarrassing. The reason he's not lottery yet are because he's not super-athletic and because he's under six feet, and scouts love players to be athletic and as big at their position as possible. But his skills are very good.
    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    I've seen him usually listed around 6'2", which would be about what he looks to be on the court, about in the middle in terms of PG height.
    The thing I like most about Ennis's game is the way he controls the pace of the game. Everything around him just seems in slow-mo. I wouldn't be surprised if he is more athletic than what most scouts believe. The way he changes speeds so effortlessly makes you think he isn't going fast, but next thing you know -- he's at the basket. That zone they play pretty much hides his speed on the defensive end, so who really knows.

  15. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  16. #1033
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Dear God not Nash. No, this isn't the 90's Leafs AKA an old age home for retiring athletes.
    Nash is what makes a DeMar-to-LA-for-LA's-pick work. Turning that $9m of salary from Nash into probable All-Star DeMar means the Lakers are much closer to fielding a competitive team in 2014-15. Thanks to Kobe's stupid, terrible contract, the Lakers most likely won't give up their first-round pick (likely to be solidly in the lottery, at least 6-8 range, possibly higher) without moving Nash's contract because they need the rookie salary to counterbalance Kobe's giant contract.

    And make no mistake, it's probably smarter for them to keep their pick and waive Nash/hope he retires, because Kobe + DeMar = half the cap eaten up by two players' salaries. But if we could get, say, a top three 2014 pick for DeMar and taking Nash? I do that in a heartbeat.

  17. #1034
    Raptors Republic Rookie p3t3ypablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    So true he's deceptively fast and has some pretty good handles. Can he play point guard?
    He can definitely play point if needed. Most "experts" would say no, but those experts are the same ones who don't have him as NBA ready yet.

  18. #1035
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A player I like is Zach Lavine. He can play PG or SG but I'd rather him as our PG. What could we give for him? The trade would obviously be a draft day trade, meaning the Sacramento Raptors can be traded too.

  19. #1036
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Before the possibility of Embiid and Parker sticking around became public knowledge, the 2015 draft was already looking strong. It’s highlighted by five big men with All-Star potential in Jahlil Okafor (Duke), Myles Turner (Undecided), Cliff Alexander (Kansas), Trey Lyles (Kentucky) and Karl Towns (Kentucky). If those five were eligible to make the jump straight to the NBA this year, the only way one of them would fall out of the top 10 is because of team needs. They’re big time prospects and within short order you’ll be hearing a lot more about them along with SMU bound guard Emmanuel Mudiay, Arizona’s wing Stanley Johnson and Duke forward Justise Winslow among others.

    Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...ter-than-2014/
    Well now.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  20. #1037
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The more I watch James Young out of Kentucky the more I like him. Such an efficient scorer. I love how he plays within the system.

  21. #1038
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Well now.
    Stanley Johnson going to Arizona also increases the chances of Gordon staying for another year, IMO. Used to watch them all the time when they were teammates on Oakland Soldiers.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  22. #1039
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    8,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    The more I watch James Young out of Kentucky the more I like him. Such an efficient scorer. I love how he plays within the system.
    He reminds me of Terrence Ross! He either shots the 3 or goes all the way to the rim no midrange

  23. #1040
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    "...the 2015 draft was already looking strong. It’s highlighted by five big men with All-Star potential in Jahlil Okafor (Duke), Myles Turner (Undecided), Cliff Alexander (Kansas), Trey Lyles (Kentucky) and Karl Towns (Kentucky)...."

    Well now.
    Want to place a bet on whether or not Masai is already looking at this list of players

Page 52 of 337 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •