Page 74 of 337 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Some shady dealings with Ro Russell and NCAA doesn't recognize a full years worth of credits. Can't even train with the Seminoles, but, can enter the draft
    Is he just sitting on the sidelines then or what? I know that Hairston is playing for the Texas Legends now in the D-League, which seems like it could help XRM too- A grantland piece on the Legends put their views on grabbing Hairston like this: "we can take the young guy and put him in an NBA setting with NBA verbiage and pro coaching, and put him with a guy like Eduardo Najera, and prepare him for the next phase of his career, which is the draft." Seems like XRM could benefit from that too
    Last edited by TSF; Fri Feb 28th, 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    @Boymusic66

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want us to draft Clint Capela
    Ive attached a Video of him:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D29d4g1C80Y#t=62

He would be our future PF and he can also log minutes as the backup C due to his size 6"10.5 and 7"3.5 wingspan

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Some shady dealings with Ro Russell and NCAA doesn't recognize a full years worth of credits. Can't even train with the Seminoles, but, can enter the draft
    He has expressed continuous support for FSU through his Twitter account, so entering the draft is highly unlikely.

I know him and Tyler Ennis are pretty good friends.. I hope he's taking advantage of the year off so he come out with a bang next season, similar to what Ennis has done.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    That's pretty inefficient isn't it?
    It is
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The other canadians

Obviously Wiggins isn't an option unless MU pulls off a major blockbuster move at the draft.

I was just eager to hear your opinions on the other canadians potentially available in this draft , and whether or not the raptors drafting them would be a wise or viable option.

Nik Stauskas- Mock drafts have him slotted anywheres from 9th to 25th overall. I could see him as a JJ reddick type player , with better handles.Can create his own shot occasionally , doesn't have to run around screens. Not great defensively , but he's capable of backing up Terrence and Demar . Solid shooting SG/SF of the bench.

Tyler Ennis - Jumping up mock draft boards like crazy. I've seen him slotted anywheres from 5th to 18th overall.
    Really intriguing option for me . This is the guy I'd love Masai to target. I love Kyle , but I still don't like him as the long term answer at point. Has a fantastic feel for the game , not overly athletic however. Throw back point guard .

And then theres Kevin Pangos , who will go late 2nd or undrafted most likely. Maybe could have a Steve Kerr type role/career. (minus the 5 ships)

I really want a canadian on this team , there is so many coming into the league , and it doesn't feel right if we don't have at least one. I know it has to make sense basketball wise , not merely for nostalgic purposes.

Just wanted to hear your opinions on these 3 guys , as getting Wiggins isn't gunna happen.
    Last edited by Junkyard13; Sat Mar 1st, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It Won't be Andrew Wiggins. But Could Raptors Land Another Burgeoning Canadian Star?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/the_sp...medium=twitter
    So assuming Ennis comes out, what exactly would it take to get him?? i'd trade JV for a chance to draft Ennis, who says no?

I also would trade JV for a chance to draft LaVine. I'm that high on him.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    So assuming Ennis comes out, what exactly would it take to get him?? i'd trade JV for a chance to draft Ennis, who says no?

I also would trade JV for a chance to draft LaVine. I'm that high on him.
    I'm glad you're not our GM then
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

8. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    I want us to draft Clint Capela
    Ive attached a Video of him:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D29d4g1C80Y#t=62

He would be our future PF and he can also log minutes as the backup C due to his size 6"10.5 and 7"3.5 wingspan
    He is Amir

We already have Amir

If we are to draft a PF we need someone with a back to the basket game (like Vonleh), and not another hustle big

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    He is Amir

We already have Amir

If we are to draft a PF we need someone with a back to the basket game (like Vonleh), and not another hustle big
    Yeah he is amir but a much higher ceiling/potential. Amir isnt a starting PF in the NBA we need a legit starting 4 and yeah I understand Vonleh would be the better pick but Vonleh is not gonna be around when we draft
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Yeah he is amir but a much higher ceiling/potential. Amir isnt a starting PF in the NBA we need a legit starting 4 and yeah I understand Vonleh would be the better pick but Vonleh is not gonna be around when we draft
    Yeah, people need to stop comparing guys likely to be available when we draft to the guaranteed lottery picks. Compare Capela to the other bigs in his tier: Harrell and Payne, for example. I think he's the best pick of the 3, certainly the most high-upside.

People need to remember we're drafting around 20 (baring a trade-up, which is a whole different matter). Every player available when we draft is going to have warts. Either they're really raw, or they're undersized, or their skillset is unconventional and may not work in the nba, or they're an older player with a lower ceiling. From 18 and down, it's going to be really tough to find a PF with a good post-up game... Randle, Vonleh, Embiid, and Saric are the only guys in this draft that I've seen who really have a good post game.
    tank-agnostic

Post Thanks / Like

Someone mentioned him earlier... Montrezl Harrell is having a great game against Memphis right now.
    Last edited by isaacthompson; Sat Mar 1st, 2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Harrell is a BEAST. If i had to choose who i rather have between Capela, Payne and Harrell. I'd take Harrell.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Harrell is a BEAST. If i had to choose who i rather have between Capela, Payne and Harrell. I'd take Harrell.
    Im watching him right now decimate the memphis defense!!! He's waaaaaaaaay to strong for these guys in the NCAA

Post Thanks / Like

Harrell runs faster backwards then JV can run normally

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't see any mocks with Pangos on them. I don't think he'll declare this year, and when he does, I think he's more likely to play in Europe first.

As for this year, Ejim, Birch, Hanlan, Powell, Bachynski have all been mentioned on mocks at various times this year (prevailing wisdom seems to be Birch and Hanlan staying in for next year, while the rest are seniors). I think it's possible that Heslip gets a summer-league invite, particularly if he has his usual hot-shooting tournament.

Of those, I see Bachynski fitting as a backup center with our late 2nd thunder pick. I like Stauskas but SG is probably our position of least need. Ennis is great, but probably gets drafted well-before we pick.
    Last edited by octothorp; Sat Mar 1st, 2014 at 04:26 PM.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

And Harrell's now shoot 66% on three-pointers for the season!! (Okay, just 2 of 3).
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic Rookie Jack_Bauer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on Ennis, but he's climbing up mocks with his great play, justifiably so. I could see him going top 10 easily. Obviously, a lot can happen between now and June, but barring a trade, I don't think Ennis is a possibility

Post Thanks / Like

Halftime in Virginia.. Ennis has looked very good vs. best ACC team.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorsForever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

harrell looks like a good option but don't we have enough PF's? unless we sell Handsbro or 2pat

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

INteresting article on drafted players: NCAA vs. D-League. Here is money shot:

One conclusion that Cuban has reached: Playing in the NCAA is not the ideal way to prepare for an NBA career. He hopes the D-League emerges as a clearly superior option.

"Then you wouldn't be under the stupidity of the NCAA," Cuban said. "There's no reason for the NCAA to exist. None."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...er-option-ncaa
    I agree with Cuban.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

22. Like Just Is, OldSkoolCool, planetmars liked this post
Page 74 of 337 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast

Thread Information