Page 132 of 337 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I think I would put this kid on the Raps shortlist for prospects. The pot doesn't concern me at all, but the back surgery is huge. If he falls into the Sacto pick, I'd likely scoop him up.
    Seems to me to be a Tyler Hansbrough type player, no?
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Sacre is the new rick fox Haha
    Too bad sacre sucks ass, and no one cares about him lol
    Sacre doesn't suck ass. He's a capable backup center. He's huge and plays pretty good defense. I see him carving out an Aaron Gray type niche in the NBA, maybe even a bit better. I wouldn't mind him on the Raps in the future at all. He'd be a nice backup to JV.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Sim Bhullar just declared for the draft. Wasn't expecting him to go this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but he's bigger and taller than T. Realistically, he could eventually guard centers.

5. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Sim Bhullar just declared for the draft. Wasn't expecting him to go this year.
    I highly doubt he gets drafted. Maybe a contract in Europe is waiting for him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I highly doubt he gets drafted. Maybe a contract in Europe is waiting for him?
    You "highly doubt" the MVP of the WAC 2-seasons running, who averaged 10 & 8 while blocking nearly 4 shots last year and shooting 65% from the field, and is 7'5", will get drafted?
    Damn. I'm almost certain he'll get drafted.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You "highly doubt" the MVP of the WAC 2-seasons running, who averaged 10 & 8 while blocking nearly 4 shots last year and shooting 65% from the field, and is 7'5", will get drafted?
    I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd round. He will be the largest player in the NBA if he gets drafted. 7'5" 350lbs is fucking enormous. He can block shots, rebound, and would be damn near impossible to move in the post.

Post Thanks / Like

No lateral quickness. He can't show on screens, he can't switch on screens, in the NBA he is a walking defensive 3 second violation. You can't camp in the lane like that. On defense he sets up WAY too low in the key as well. BUT he has to, because of his athletic weaknesses. It's a league where centers are being forced to become more and more athletic.

For instance, look how he sets up in the post. He can't move from one deep post, and reset on the other side quickly. With his foot speed he can't set screens and roll. Heck, he can't quickly set up screens.

In Europe -- where zone defenses are more flexible he can make a great living. For a very long time. I think he is very good, but his game does not translate to the NBA. The NBA is not slowing down, it's speeding up.

10. Like 3inthekeon liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No lateral quickness. He can't show on screens, he can't switch on screens, in the NBA he is a walking defensive 3 second violation. You can't camp in the lane like that. On defense he sets up WAY too low in the key as well. BUT he has to, because of his athletic weaknesses. It's a league where centers are being forced to become more and more athletic.

For instance, look how he sets up in the post. He can't move from one deep post, and reset on the other side quickly. With his foot speed he can't set screens and roll. Heck, he can't quickly set up screens.

In Europe -- where zone defenses are more flexible he can make a great living. For a very long time. I think he is very good, but his game does not translate to the NBA. The NBA is not slowing down, it's speeding up.
    This.

I'd be surprised if he gets drafted.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We could get him with the OKC pick. Don't think I'd go any higher than that though.

Post Thanks / Like

He isn't big bodied he is obese.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You say that like it's a bad thing?

A young hungry big who can be the back-up C is a welcome addition. Plus Tyler isn't going to be here forever.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Bhullar probably isn't NBA-ready - maybe with some work, but not yet. But I also think he'll get drafted in the second round. A 7'3" monster with his numbers who has stash potential (if he does go overseas, which I agree is likely) is exactly what mid-to-late second round picks are for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    He isn't big bodied he is obese.

No, I think he's lost a fair amount of weight in the last few years. I think he has a fairly decent b-ball IQ as well. However, that game does not translate into an NBA player. That's the sort of pick that gets a GM fired.

Axel, I think if that is the "pick a Canuck" selection, there are NCAA seniors that fit the bill a lot more than Bhullar.

Post Thanks / Like

He should go overseas get paid and in condition and try for a free agent contract in a year or two.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I think he's lost a fair amount of weight in the last few years. I think he has a fairly decent b-ball IQ as well. However, that game does not translate into an NBA player. That's the sort of pick that gets a GM fired.

Axel, I think if that is the "pick a Canuck" selection, there are NCAA seniors that fit the bill a lot more than Bhullar.
    From what NMSU has said, he didn't exactly lose weight but he did convert a lot of fat to muscle.

I really want him to go the Euro route, in part because if he learns the international game I think he can be quite good at it, and as a fan of Canadian basketball he'd be tremendously more useful as an experienced Euro than an end-of-bench/d-league North American. Not sure he'd ever make the national team with the number of good bigs we have coming up, but if he goes to Europe he has a chance.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    He should go overseas get paid and in condition and try for a free agent contract in a year or two.

Press reply with quote to reply with someone hahahaha

You always reply to so, but it's confusing to tell what your replying to
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

21. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really like this kid. I hope the Raps take a long look at him in the first round. Sort of surprised he came out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deandre...180857481.html

Last edited by blackjitsu; Fri Apr 25th, 2014 at 05:03 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i must admit i like the little i see of inglis not a explosive jumper for someone of his body type but i see potential especially if he is 6'9. draft anderson in the first round and inglis in the second (dont even know if he is in the draft.) and i am happy with the team going forward

Page 132 of 337 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast

Thread Information