Page 138 of 337 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is that he might be available at 20. He's pretty polarizing though. Draft Net has him at 9 and Draft Express has him at 17.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote truuth2 wrote: View Post
    well then you're stupid.
    Not really necessary was it? We're all adults here.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

well then you're stupid.
    Tsk, tsk...now thats not a particularly nice beginning!

JJ has been around the league for awhile and has had his way with many a player. Actually Landry F. handled him fairly well and Ross too at times. Anderson from what I hear is not too swift on the defensive end so I am not too sure about the proposition and giving up on AJ to move up to get him especially if Lowry re-signs and Greivis & Nando as well.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys long time browser, first time poster....
    As a long time browser, you must have seen the posts about Amir's value to the team, as substantiated by analytics.

Johnson's Value

You can't buy that kind of performance for the money they are paying Amir.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Not really necessary was it? We're all adults here.
    That was his second post on RR. "you're stupid". Very memorable.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Tsk, tsk...now thats not a particularly nice beginning!

JJ has been around the league for awhile and has had his way with many a player. Actually Landry F. handled him fairly well and Ross too at times. Anderson from what I hear is not too swift on the defensive end so I am not too sure about the proposition and giving up on AJ to move up to get him especially if Lowry re-signs and Greivis & Nando as well.
    I think we spent so many years laughing at Joe Johnson's ridiculous contract that we forgot that he's actually very good. I was reminded of that fact during the series.. it was just like, wow I totally forgot about this guy.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    That was his second post on RR. "you're stupid". Very memorable.
    In fairness to him, your first reply to him was to tell him to "stick with browsing", which is just as insulting as calling you stupid.

8. Like coastal, 007, OldSkoolCool, iblastoff liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I think we spent so many years laughing at Joe Johnson's ridiculous contract that we forgot that he's actually very good. I was reminded of that fact during the series.. it was just like, wow I totally forgot about this guy.
    Oddly enough Joe was probably one of the better value contracts on the Nets. He's the only one who actually had a good year, and he clearly carrier them all series against us. I follow the Hawks too so I've been a Joe Johnson fan for a while. He has the perfect old man game that will let him play at a high level late into his career.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not fond of Anderson, but that's just my opinion.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that kid, from the Colorado highlites just looks a little slow to me, but, he also seems like he has a good basketball mind. Scary pick really as a guy like that could be a bust, or he could be Paul Pierce.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's refrain from making moves to beat one team. It's how we ended up with Jason Kapono (to beat New Jersey's double on Bosh), and Jermaine O'Neal (to help handle Dwight Howard).

We don't need a player to specifically stop Joe Johnson. We just need to continue to improve the overall talent on the roster.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

13. Like OldSkoolCool, Jclaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

my bad, maybe he isn't that good.
    I think he looks good....a couple years of proper workouts, a stronger core, stronger legs, this kid will be a diamond in the rough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    In fairness to him, your first reply to him was to tell him to "stick with browsing", which is just as insulting as calling you stupid.
    Sure, it's fair. All is fair in these forums.. just terrible timing for him. Okay, I'm stupid for thinking the rationale behind trading the team's best defender for an oft-chance of drafting a rookie is bad. What makes it good?

Even if the kid is good, it doesn't make it worthwhile to trade Amir Johnson on the reaction of hoping we can stop Joe Johnson next time. This type of deal would only make sense if Brooklyn and Toronto were the only two teams in the NBA, and the reality is Joe Johnson probably can't be guarded every night anyway.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

well with that way of thinking....it is stupid, JJ would eat this kid for dinne rnext year hhahaha

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    that kid, from the Colorado highlites just looks a little slow to me, but, he also seems like he has a good basketball mind. Scary pick really as a guy like that could be a bust, or he could be Paul Pierce.
    Yup, pretty much. Could be a total bust, or could be a real gem. Though I don't know if Pierce is the right comparison (other than they both don't play fast). If he's available at 20, at least he has to be a real possibility.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Let's refrain from making moves to beat one team. It's how we ended up with Jason Kapono (to beat New Jersey's double on Bosh), and Jermaine O'Neal (to help handle Dwight Howard).

We don't need a player to specifically stop Joe Johnson. We just need to continue to improve the overall talent on the roster.
    I don't know how the line of thinking came to Anderson can stop Johnson...That's foolish. Anderson's weak point is most likely going to be his D. He's still an intriguing prospect though, and having a ball-mover playing at a non-PG position can present interesting options for the rotation.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not trust handing any key defensive assignments to Anderson, from what I've seen. UCLA was usually hiding him on the least-skilled post-player. I'm not totally adverse to drafting Anderson (although admittedly he's low on my list, even at 20), but bringing him in with the expectation of solving any of our defensive problems at SF is a bit off the mark.

Jerami Grant is probably the best guy in the draft for filling that need. Similar measurements to Anderson, but way more athletic, much better foot-speed and lateral quickness, shot-blocking instincts, better defender on both perimeter and post. Of course, he offers little in the way of offence at this point. But if you're looking for an off-the-bench defensive stopper / hustle guy, I don't think there's a better choice.
    tank-agnostic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    I would not trust handing any key defensive assignments to Anderson, from what I've seen. UCLA was usually hiding him on the least-skilled post-player. I'm not totally adverse to drafting Anderson (although admittedly he's low on my list, even at 20), but bringing him in with the expectation of solving any of our defensive problems at SF is a bit off the mark.

Jerami Grant is probably the best guy in the draft for filling that need. Similar measurements to Anderson, but way more athletic, much better foot-speed and lateral quickness, shot-blocking instincts, better defender on both perimeter and post. Of course, he offers little in the way of offence at this point. But if you're looking for an off-the-bench defensive stopper / hustle guy, I don't think there's a better choice.
    I feel ya on the defence, but wonder if his soft as hell body is an issue thus far, on offence, this guy has some serious smarts, and some SERIOUS vision.

I kinda like watching his highlites.

again, REALLY tough call on guys like this. he will kill a coach/gm, or make one look like a genius.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

totally agree. theres too many reactionary posts about how we need so and so to beat the nets. unless i'm mistaken, theres 29 other teams to worry about.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I love the passing highlights. In some ways it reminds me a little of the situation around Kendal Marshall: awesome passing and feel for the game, good size for his position, but questionable athletic ability, defense, and jump shot. And for that first year there was a question about whether Marshall was going to be a bust, but now is starting to look pretty solid. Granted, Anderson is a far less conventional player than Marshall, but just some of the same strengths and weaknesses, and it wouldn't surprise me for them to have a similar career trajectory.
    tank-agnostic

Thread Information