Page 145 of 337 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    At least that's an upgrade over Chuckie.
    Not sure it is.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Not sure it is.
    probably right, I was just referring to his speed

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    probably right, I was just referring to his speed
    Sadly, so was I....

4. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Wiggins, Tyler Ennis, Nik Stauskus, Khem Birch, Sim Bhullar, Melvin Ejim, Dwight Powell...have I missed any Canadians?

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Andrew Wiggins, Tyler Ennis, Nik Stauskus, Khem Birch, Sim Bhullar, Melvin Ejim, Dwight Powell...have I missed any Canadians?
    Jordan Bachynski
    I DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Jordan Bachynski
    How many of the mentioned Canadians are actually going to get drafted. I mean the 3 first rounder (wiggins Ennis Stauskaus) are getting selected for most probably in top 15. BUt who else besides these three as far as im concerned the only other 2 that stand a chance of getting selected are Powel and birch the rest of them i dont see getting drafted

Post Thanks / Like

I'd try and package our top 2 picks to move into the 15-16 range to grab James Young:

Young and Hairston also are intriguing as prototypical NBA wings with size, solid athleticism and deep range on their jumper. However, each has a few warts that keep them below players like McDermott and Stauskas. For Young, while his stroke looks pure, his shots didn't go in at the rate scouts expected this season. In the case of Hairston, his off-court issues hurt his stock. He's going to have to prove to scouts he can stay out of trouble when the temptations quadruple in the NBA. But both players have lottery-level talent. Workouts and interviews will be key for both.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
    How many of the mentioned Canadians are actually going to get drafted. I mean the 3 first rounder (wiggins Ennis Stauskaus) are getting selected for most probably in top 15. BUt who else besides these three as far as im concerned the only other 2 that stand a chance of getting selected are Powel and birch the rest of them i dont see getting drafted
    You're probably right about that, but Bachynski and Ejim are close enough that they probably get summer-league invites from some teams. Bhullar though... just can't see anyone taking him seriously as an NBA prospect right now.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    You're probably right about that, but Bachynski and Ejim are close enough that they probably get summer-league invites from some teams. Bhullar though... just can't see anyone taking him seriously as an NBA prospect right now.
    Totally agreed Ejim and JB will probably get summer invites in JB case i would not mind raps inviting him summer league look he is mobile and is a shot blocker would not hurt to have a look at him. Bhullar on the other hand i think has a made a mistake coming out early i mean there is no way anyone is taking chance on him not even summer league

Post Thanks / Like

at 7'5" 350lbs SOMEONE is going to take a flyer on Bhullar. If they do they should lock him in the gym with a strength and conditioning guy for the entire first year he is in the league...no game time outside of drills. If he gets his body right he can be a force. If he doesn't...I just see injury after injury.

12. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So....my mind is made up (I always say that and will probably say it again before the actual draft)

20th pick: Stauskus if he falls otherwise Hood

2nd round: McGary if he falls otherwise Patric Young

Late 2nd round: If we picked Young, Ejim. If we picked McGary, Birch

Post Thanks / Like

justed watched the draftexpress video of Damien Inglis 6'9 SF 240lbs 7'3" wingspan just turned 19. Can guard 4 positions. Has a motor. Already shoots around 30% from 3 and is considered raw offensively.

15. Like MACK11 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Patric Young would be a great pick as a back-up center. Tough, bright guy, academic all-American for 4 years in a row, I believe, and he's a winner.

Only downside would be I remember him talking shit about Valanciunas a couple years ago (Nike Invitational? can't remember)...but his ego is probably better now - at the time he was a projected lottery pick.

Post Thanks / Like

justed watched the draftexpress video of Damien Inglis 6'9 SF 240lbs 7'3" wingspan just turned 19. Can guard 4 positions. Has a motor. Already shoots around 30% from 3 and is considered raw offensively.
    Yeah that's my choice @20

He's also a solid passer but reckless like Nando De Colo

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

at 7'5" 350lbs SOMEONE is going to take a flyer on Bhullar. If they do they should lock him in the gym with a strength and conditioning guy for the entire first year he is in the league...no game time outside of drills. If he gets his body right he can be a force. If he doesn't...I just see injury after injury.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or real... IF a NBA team is interested in him, why would they draft him when they could: 1/ Help him get a contract in Europe/Asia and get someone else to work him out. Or
    2/ Sign him after the draft to a non-guaranteed contract?

To be honest, if he is expecting to get drafted he was given some bum info. He's way too slow, poor lateral speed, and can't defend the pick and roll. You can't camp in the lane like he does because of illegal defense rules in the NBA. As far as working him out and assuming that will solve his ills... most people don't suddenly become faster, or more athletic. He should probably be closer to 320 lbs. but even at that weight there are diminishing athletic returns.

Yeah he's made some serious strides from what I've been able to find out. Last year he played PF in the French 3rd division and now he plays SF in the 1st division. That's a big step...

Post Thanks / Like

jesus he's listed at #40? if we get him with our early 2nd id be absolutely thrilled

i don't really understand what grant is supposed to have on him. explosiveness? inglis is younger with a better shot
    Last edited by stooley; Fri May 9th, 2014 at 06:22 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

inglis is interesting only cause he is so young but he plays below the rim and he doesn't look 6'8. he also plays small which i dont like. if we can get him in the second round and work on his game i see potential.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    inglis is interesting only cause he is so young but he plays below the rim and he doesn't look 6'8. he also plays small which i dont like. if we can get him in the second round and work on his game i see potential.
    You're right he's actually 6'9

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's my choice @20

He's also a solid passer but reckless like Nando De Colo
    Inglis could fall to 37 or whatever we have, we can get him then.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right he's actually 6'9
    And plays like he is 6'4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 145 of 337 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast

Thread Information